Sponsored

Site Unseen Purchase

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
I have been hunting down a 16 AG with Tech package for MSRP and may have found it! However, it is not local to me and in order to get the deal done they want a commitment now, before I can get there in person. I know this is a classic tactic, but these Shelby's move fast. Obviously I can say no, but wondering how many have agreed to purchase, put down money, or even completed the financing part all via phone/online?

How was your process and would you do it again? Much Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Since you are new to this site...

There is a problem with "2016 tech Package cars" only driving hard for about 10 mins on the track before it hits "limpmode"

If you ever plan on tracking it even limited times, you may want to hold out for a track package car.

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
This is normal, if the car is brand new there is no reason to worry as long as you are purchasing from a Ford dealership, and if the car isn't as promised you have no obligation to complete the purchase. The only thing I would be concerned about if I were you is the issues with tech package cars. On track the WILL go into limp mode frequently, and it's been reported that even in spirited driving limp mode has been triggered. I would stay away from a tech car if I were you. Since your willing to travel for the car, I'm sure with a little more time searching you can find a 16 track package, or 17 for msrp or close to it.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I have been hunting down a 16 AG with Tech package for MSRP and may have found it! However, it is not local to me and in order to get the deal done they want a commitment now, before I can get their in person. I know this is a classic tactic, but these Shelby's move fast. Obviously I can say no, but wondering how many have agreed to purchased, put down money, or even completed the financing part all via phone/online?

They dont move as fast as dealers claim if you have a VIN you can see how long they sat on the car.

At this point track or not I dont think getting a 16 Tech is wise unless its under MSRP. Other wise keep looking members have posted 2017s at MSRP or close to it on here.

Last edited:

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Shocked that you can afford a gt350 with your atrocious spelling and grammar mistakes.

Sponsored

OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
^^^^ Cool Story Bro. Later.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Shocked that you can afford a gt350 with your atrocious spelling and grammar mistakes.
Seriously? You do know their are others on this forum from countries around plant earth? LOL Way to show your ignorance. Keep the ridicules to your self and grow up. SMH

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
To get straight to the point. That's what I did and don't regret it. My sales guy sent me vids and pics of the car. Financed through them but I did have to smog and pay for the CA state tax at time of registration.
Additional note: I was aware of the limp mode issue but I knew I wasnt going to track the car but I was worried of the limp mode during daily driving but no issues with 3k on the odo. Good luck.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Yes as some others have stated... I bought a few cars before from out of state sight unseen. But I did have the dealers email me tons of photos in & out and even got in writing that there is zero damage or issues. I did this with my latest one, the EvoX... got a full disclosure from the dealer including hail damage risks (in TX) but mine was always stored indoors so no problems. It can be done and is often done more than you think of it... just do your due diligence.

Plus if the dealer is local to some forum member, maybe they can even check it out for you... it wouldn't hurt to ask. I would gladly do it if the dealer was near my area.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I have been hunting down a 16 AG with Tech package for MSRP and may have found it! However, it is not local to me and in order to get the deal done they want a commitment now, before I can get there in person. I know this is a classic tactic, but these Shelby's move fast. Obviously I can say no, but wondering how many have agreed to purchase, put down money, or even completed the financing part all via phone/online?

Look, there are a lot of very knowledgeable Mustang enthusiasts on this forum so based on that I suggest that you go forward and make your best deal subject to final inspection while taking delivery of this car.

If you are willing to provide the dealership name and location of the vehicle in question I suggest that someone from this forum can take do a visual inspection for you which should give you some peace of mind.

Also, you need to know the actual mileage of this car and has it been driven much and does it meet your criteria with respect to front license plates holders, chin spoilers, decals, etc. Sometimes these brand new cars have many miles on them for some reason and have actually been a demo for some dealerships based on being on their lots for quite some time.

Having said all that, I have bought many vehicles sight unseen especially news ones as in the case but suggest that you pay for the car in person and sign off on all documents once you have personally inspected the vehicle.

Good luck and don't be afraid of offering a couple thousand dollars off MSRP based on this being a 2016MY GT350.

Good luck and keep us all posted as to how you make out!!

:cheers:

Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Go For It . . . .If you have any questions about the advantages of a Tech Pack car, I offer that we could meet and review this issue first hand. I'd be happy to help out, if I can.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Good luck and don't be afraid of offering a couple thousand dollars off MSRP based on this being a 2016MY GT350.

Good luck and keep us all posted as to how you make out!!

:cheers:
Especially since this is a Tech Pack car.

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Lightning Blue on the way

Back in my sales days, I sold new and used cars all over the country sight unseen and never had one complaint.

I found a deal on a 2017 at 3pm and and booked a flight leaving at 7pm. Yeah, things could have gone sideways but had no issues signing and driving away the next day.

I could have waited until the paperwork was done to eliminate the risk but buying new cars is pretty simple - even if the car is special.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Back in my sales days, I sold new and used cars all over the country sight unseen and never had one complaint.

I found a deal on a 2017 at 3pm and and booked a flight leaving at 7pm. Yeah, things could have gone sideways but had no issues signing and driving away the next day.

I could have waited until the paperwork was done to eliminate the risk but buying new cars is pretty simple - even if the car is special.
Id not fly out with out something in writing. It might work out but why take the risk?

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
If you let us know where the car is and it's close to myself or whomever, I'm sure one of us will be happy to take a look. I used to work for Ford for quite a while so I'm used to the situation. Best of luck
Sponsored