Sponsored

Sirus XM

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I'm curious, what's so special about SiriusXM that it's worth paying a subscription for? Is it really so much better than regular FM radio stations?
It's not available outside US, so I can't try it out myself. My question is genuine. I wonder what I'm missing.
If you like Howard Stern, News, etc. it is worth it. Also seems to come with travel link that gives traffic data and weather. Stern is likely the top reason people subscribe.

The ironic thing is I'll use the Sirius App instead of the satellite radio for more features and better audio quality.
Sponsored

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Doing without Sirius is like doing without the 1-2 and 3-4 shifts in the automatic transmission.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I did the $2 sea but won’t continue it...
Apple Music works just fine For me...

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Oh, I thought it was something for the car. Ha ha. So does SXM give you one of those things if you subscribe, or you just can manage SXM from it in your house? That little speaker can't sound too good, can it?
I don't see that deal advertised any more.
And, no the speaker is not all that. But it's ok to get weather/ traffic/news, can control smart devices and makes a good kitchen/ grand kids time out timer.

Sponsored

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
https://www.siriusxm.com/offers

$1 for 3 months
$60 for 12 months (that's $5 per month)
$99 for 12 months of All Access

While I can't find a direct reference to it, I do the $30 for 6 months since I don't need/use it while my Mustang is tucked away for the winter.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
https://www.siriusxm.com/offers

$1 for 3 months
$60 for 12 months (that's $5 per month)
$99 for 12 months of All Access

While I can't find a direct reference to it, I do the $30 for 6 months since I don't need/use it while my Mustang is tucked away for the winter.
maybe that’s not all access then and it’s just the basic which would be good enough for me... but I pay for Apple Music these subscriptions can definitely get you you...

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I let mine lapse about 4 months ago and I just recently got an offer for 5 bucks a month for all the premium channels included plus an Amazon echo dot for a year.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
OK, so I called Sirus/XM on not receiving the channels I was receiving before. Here is the response I received and the changes were made:

Let's go over the details. The 12 month All Access plan you chose starts today and comes to $69.32 for the initial billing period, which includes fees and taxes.Your service will automatically renew to the Select package on August 24, 2021. Your renewal will bill every month at then current rates for an estimated total charge of $20.63, which includes fees and taxes. You may cancel at any time by calling us at 866-635-2349. You may see a renewal with a pro-rated charge to align with the billing date on your account.Your Customer Agreement, including the refund policy, can be found on our website at:siriusxm.com or you can request it at any time by phone. If there is an email address on your account, a confirmation of this transaction will be sent to that email address within 5 days.

To claim each Amazon device, you will receive an email from SiriusXM with a coupon code and a link to Amazon.com. Coupon codes are not transferrable and can only be applied once. Shipping charges and taxes may be applied by Amazon.

So it does appear that $60 plus taxes and fees are good for the All Access Package.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Now you know of someone that has the 12 months All Access for $60 a year. :) Well, actually $69 with taxes and fees. Plus I received the coupon for the Echo Dot.

That’s what I thought too and thought it was strange to see people replying they’re getting “everything” for only $60.00. I also have been with Sirius since they signed Howard Stern and have never known ANYONE to get the All Access package for under $100...

Sure some may be able to “play the cancel game”, but Sirius isn’t giving away the All Access package for $60 for 12 months.

Sponsored

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
I'm curious, what's so special about SiriusXM that it's worth paying a subscription for?
No commercials. I'm even getting to the point where the 10 seconds the DJ talks between sets irks me.

The quality is overly compressed and noticeably sub-par. I actually stopped my subscription in the Mustang. Now I just use Bluetooth from my phone's downloaded library.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I agree with the quality. I do have it because of no really good radio stations in the area, though I tend to stream it from the phone to car...the quality is a bit better that way. Those dang commercials can drive a person crazy....but it is also like that will Spotify, Pandora, iHeart, and all the rest, unless you upgrade to their premium subscriptions.

No commercials. I'm even getting to the point where the 10 seconds the DJ talks between sets irks me.

The quality is overly compressed and noticeably sub-par. I actually stopped my subscription in the Mustang. Now I just use Bluetooth from my phone's downloaded library.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
$1 for 3 months
That's not a bad deal to extend the current free trial, but I'm sure it'd be close to $10 by the time they add their fees. And worse of all, they force you to give a c/c, which they'll start billing immediately if you forget to cancel... and you can't do that online, so be ready to spend hours trying to get somebody on the phone, like it happened to my brother. So guess will pass on that, unless somebody posts not having issues with cancelling.

Your renewal will bill every month at then current rates for an estimated total charge of $20.63
That's $247 bucks man. Does that plan come with strippers? Ha ha. I'm very skeptical on such plans where you can only cancel by phone.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I don't know how long you have dealt with Sirus/XM but most of us, have been around long enough to know to set a reminder to cancel before the renewal happens or in these days use a virtual card with a set amount of funds on it when having to supply a c/c number.

I imagine if you lived near their headquarters, you might be able to walk in and cancel....but I don't remember one in El Paso from my years of living there. Hell, USAA my bank is not even in this state, so I have to either call or do via internet any banking changes. I'm not advocating for Sirus/XM but in the past 15 years, I've never had a subscription auto-renew.

Some people find it worthwhile and some people don't. It all depends on individual situations. The Mustang has it, but the other 5 vehicles don't.

There really is something to be said for technology.

That's not a bad deal to extend the current free trial, but I'm sure it'd be close to $10 by the time they add their fees. And worse of all, they force you to give a c/c, which they'll start billing immediately if you forget to cancel... and you can't do that online, so be ready to spend hours trying to get somebody on the phone, like it happened to my brother. So guess will pass on that, unless somebody posts not having issues with cancelling.

That's $247 bucks man. Does that plan come with strippers? Ha ha. I'm very skeptical on such plans where you can only cancel by phone.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I used a virtual CC.
Sirus Account.jpg
Sponsored