2020 Satellite Radio now XM

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Have a 2019 Bullitt and a 2020 Ecoboost Premium, went to activate the 2020 just with Sirius and was told it is now an XM radio like GM not Sirius as before. This must be why they swirtched to the sharkfin antenna like GM, my Ecoboost was mfg on Dec 2019 before the switch. I call corporate as get a better deal. There are some different stations comparing Sirius and XM, so now if I want Sirius gotta get the all access package for $99 + fees for the year, Sirius only is $69 + fees for the year. So now it answers why the sharkfin over the button antenna, maybe the sharkfn is better for XM. An XM radio can receive Sirius as well as a Sirius radio can recieve XM.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
But there is not any separate XM any more, Sirius acquired XM years ago and it’s all “one” with Sirius being the parent Owner/Company.

?

OP
OP

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I looked on the Sirius/XM site, there are 3 types f radios depending on the car manufacturer, Sirius, XM. and Sirius/XM, the Sirius/XM can receive both while the other 2 can only receive one. Until 2020 Ford had a Sirius only radio but switched to the Sirius/XM.
Here is the site to put in your aoto manufacturer.
https://www.siriusxm.ca/get-started/in-your-vehicle/vehicle-availability/

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
You linked to a non-U.S. site. Not sure if that matters. Every single car I own has a rado that says Sirus/XM to include the Mustang..and the all-access packages say Sirus/XM for the ones that are active....and so did the bill. BTW the All-Access package cost me $60 for the year and received a free Amazon Dot. I posted this a few months ago.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I negotiated with Sirius/XM for a one year, cash deal. Can't remember the specifics, but it was cheap.

Sponsored

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
IIRC, most new cars with satellite radios comes with a 6 month trial. When I bought my Mustang, I'd traded in my Fiesta for it. I still had time left on the Fiesta's subscription, so the customer service agent allowed me to transfer the remaining time of the Fiesta to the Mustang, which she set up to come into effect after the trial period was over. At the same time, she offered me a subscription at IIRC 60 or so dollars per year after my trial and subscription balance ended.

Looks like Sirius currently has a promo for $5.00 per month for 12 months.

BiancoV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1969 Torino GT
IIRC, most new cars with satellite radios comes with a 6 month trial. When I bought my Mustang, I'd traded in my Fiesta for it. I still had time left on the Fiesta's subscription, so the customer service agent allowed me to transfer the remaining time of the Fiesta to the Mustang, which she set up to come into effect after the trial period was over. At the same time, she offered me a subscription at IIRC 60 or so dollars per year after my trial and subscription balance ended.

Looks like Sirius currently has a promo for $5.00 per month for 12 months.
Not to go off topic but this made me miss my fiesta.
Sponsored