Sirus XM

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
So I’ve had this in my Dodge vehicles and they usually give it to you for a year. This time it was 6 months that Ford gives you.... got them to extend it for $2 For 3 months and doubt I’d do anything further.

I am curious as to what deals you guys have been seeing out there?
Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
So I’ve had this in my Dodge vehicles and they usually give it to you for a year. This time it was 6 months that Ford gives you.... got them to extend it for $2 For 3 months and doubt I’d do anything further.

I am curious as to what deals you guys have been seeing out there?
If you call Sirius XM right before your deal expires and tell them you want to cancel, they will give you a “Special” one year deal for just over $100 + taxes, etc. I have done this every year on several cars.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm curious, what's so special about SiriusXM that it's worth paying a subscription for? Is it really so much better than regular FM radio stations?
It's not available outside US, so I can't try it out myself. My question is genuine. I wonder what I'm missing.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I'm curious, what's so special about SiriusXM that it's worth paying a subscription for? Is it really so much better than regular FM radio stations?
It's not available outside US, so I can't try it out myself. My question is genuine. I wonder what I'm missing.
Trust me, you aren't missing much. Overly compressed terrible audio quality. Now if you're into sports and talk radio then it might be worth it. You're still forced to listen to commercials even though you are paying for it. No deal in my book.

Sponsored

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
If you're a city dweller with several good FM stations locally that you like and don't travel outside your home territory very much, then FM is probably great for you. If like me, you live out in the boonies...far away from any decent FM station reception and/or you travel across the country a lot....then it's a great thing to have. When traveling, you're not constantly searching for the next decent FM station, as the one you've been listening to begins to fade out of range. The variety of music, news, entertainment and weather channels are also nice to have while "on the road".

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Shouldn't pay more than $5 a month. I never have.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
When my 6 month free and 3 month for $2 ran out I called them and told them I wanted the same deal they were trying to sell my wife. $60 for a year and an Echo Dot included.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Trust me, you aren't missing much. Overly compressed terrible audio quality. Now if you're into sports and talk radio then it might be worth it. You're still forced to listen to commercials even though you are paying for it. No deal in my book.
The audio quality is what kept me from subbing. Complete trash. It sounds like a 64kbps mono MP3.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
When my 6 month free and 3 month for $2 ran out I called them and told them I wanted the same deal they were trying to sell my wife. $60 for a year and an Echo Dot included.
How long ago was that?
I may call them and do that deal. My 6 months expired and they offered me the $2 deal which I took...

Sponsored

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Mine is something like $9.50 a month, which is fine with me. However I have maybe had it on 10 minutes a month lately so that’s $1 per minute.....OOF! In fact, the Mustang maybe has 250 miles since February. Covered w dust and cobwebs. Sad. I try to run it 15 minutes a week just to move fluids and give the battery some juice.

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Too much free music available to pay for Sirius (had it for years, but got tired of arguing with them every 6 or 12 months to get a decent rate).

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
5 bucks a month for 12 months. I tried it for a few weeks and canceled. The sound quality just wasn't there. For what I listen to, there's much better sound from YouTube having the audio stripped out.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
When my 6 month free and 3 month for $2 ran out
Did you call before, or after, the 6-month trial expired??? And how much did you pay total? I heard they tack on hefty fees and taxes, which also applies to the $60/yr offer. Somebody said they offered to pay them only $10 for fees, and paid with a 'virtual c/c'. I don't like that you have to authorize automatic renewal at full price if not cancelled, and can take hours to get somebody to do that. Or maybe it can be made online now? I honestly don't use XM much, but if it only costs $2 to extend the trial 3 months, I'd for sure do that. But $60 per year maybe not (especially with fees and taxes tacked on). I work from home, and would only use it on a trip or two a year.
Sponsored