Simply Stereo Upgrade tweeters Kicker

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I've looked and looked and can't seem to find an equalizer in the stereo control software. Hard for me to believe they don't have one. After all, it's just DSP software to do it. Did I miss it somewhere in the menus? Is there one that can be enabled with FORSCAN?

If you're wondering why I'm asking, I'd like to do the same thing for this car that I did to the BMW M3's.
http://www.pencilgeek.org/2008/04/configuration-settings-for-bmw.html
Yeah, only Bass/treble/mids... no eq on these.
Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I highly recommend Hybrid Audio, especially if they have a dealer near you. Best speaker in the market for the dough.
At 3 times the price :) Is it worth it though... You might need to replace the head unit to really push these speakers to find a difference.

I think the Infinity by Harman are really good for the price, but each to it's own :)

mweiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 - AG no stripes
is this an installation a novice can handle?

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
is this an installation a novice can handle?
Definitely. It will take less than an hour both doors. Most challenging is taking door panels off, but there are plenty of videos for that. Our cars are no different than plain vanilla S550

The only part where you have to show some creativity is to fit the new speakers in the doors, as most likely they don't match the previous speaker mounting holes, so you need to adapt or drill new holes....

If you buy these adapters, you don't need to cut/solder wires, just plug in:

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-afBat...a-72-5602-Speaker-Wiring-Harness.html?tp=3097

OP
OP

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Good thread in s550/electronics section long

Looks like the wiring for sub is in the trunk see pic. Still looking over cross over for tweeter. Need a way pick a cross over freq. and volume level to get system balanced. Don't think I'll do center channel dash covers look like trouble to remove. picks showed lots of torn adhesive. sub looks easy if you don't want window rattling power. I think I'll start with tweeter first then sub. If mid range is mushy then doors.
bassPlug.jpg

Sponsored

MagneticGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Is it as simple as just plugging a Shaker sub from the S550 right into that empty harness location?

If so, you'd probably also need the body mounts for the sub and the corresponding trunk floor from the S550.

mweiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 - AG no stripes
Did you get a chance to replace your speakers this weekend? If so, I am curious how they sound. Would you recommend others to do the same?

mweiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 - AG no stripes
I am upgrading tweeters and door speakers this weekend, I believe the weakest link in the Mustang audio are speakers... Did the same on my previous one, and it came out good... I mean no audiofile quality, but much much better than factory, and you can hear the high hats and bass very well.

I highly recommend 2 way infinity speakers.
how does the upgrade sound? is it a worthwhile upgrade?

Sponsored

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Really dumb question
Did u replace all 7 speakers?
I really haven't had a chance to look at things closely
But if all 7 were changed what were the sizes and specs
And did u need the wire harness shown in this thread for each one?

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Really dumb question
Did u replace all 7 speakers?
I really haven't had a chance to look at things closely
But if all 7 were changed what were the sizes and specs
And did u need the wire harness shown in this thread for each one?
No, I really only replaced the 2 6.5" in the door. I used the Inifinity speakers I showed in previous post, and the audio has improved significantly. I mean I don't even need to think about the tweeters anymore, it is that good.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

I did replace the speakers the previous weekend, and it was a worthwhile upgrade. You can use the 2 plastic spacers that come with the Harman speakers, as they screw right into the 3 factory spots, but you still need to drill a very small hole into the door panel, to make sure speakers are tight. Original speakers have only 3 mounting holes, where new ones have 4.
all in all, it took me more removing the door panels as I did not want to break any of the plastics (they are fragile, and need to be pulled out with a lot of care) than installing the speakers.
Yes you need the 2 adapters which plug right into the factory sockets, so no cutting/soldering necessary.

The sound has greatly improved, and medium and treble are very nicely defined now. I believe there is need for more bass/low frequencies (but that's just me), so my plan is to run a small 2 channel amp for the rear speakers and a low crossover to get some bass in the rear, it will be a good balance.

But I am not decided yet, as of right now it sounds great especially at volume over 10, where drums and bass feels defined and perfectly audible.

I highly recommend these speakers for an initial upgrade, then move on if you feel you need more to the rears.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Looks like the wiring for sub is in the trunk see pic. Still looking over cross over for tweeter. Need a way pick a cross over freq. and volume level to get system balanced. Don't think I'll do center channel dash covers look like trouble to remove. picks showed lots of torn adhesive. sub looks easy if you don't want window rattling power. I think I'll start with tweeter first then sub. If mid range is mushy then doors.
I don't know if I was reading it wrong or what but if you dig in the parts diagrams, it looks like it's a 350-specific dash assembly and it was VERY expensive. I'd avoid moving it, as well.
Sponsored