Silver Bullet Build

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
It will settle more in the coming weeks, looks great!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Last night I installed my Cobb Accessport V3. Install was super easy as everyone says. Running Stage 1 91 Octane until I run this tank empty, then I'll go 93 octane. I'm planning on ordering a larder intercooler next so I can run stage 2.

I did get the P018C code but no CEL. So I'm looking to replace the low pressure fuel sensor. A couple pics. I had to load my car in for the splash screen. I need a better pic when the weather breaks. I also carbon fiber wrapped one of the face plates.

photo_2022-04-09_10-28-23.jpg
photo_2022-04-09_10-28-21.jpg

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Since putting on the BRM springs it's been bothering me the steering wheel isn't aligned anymore. I only to the one link of the strut when I took them off. So the steering couldn't be that far off.

Got me to thinking about the rear. I dropped the whole rear-end (cradle) as the videos show. Remembering how the body bolts went back in, There's a lot of slop for the sleeves the body bolts go through. I started thinking they weren't self centering. So I measured the wheels to the front of the fender behind the doors. The passenger side is just over 3/4" forward than the driver's side.

A little research I found out they sell alignment bushings. They fill the sleeves the bolts go through. Ensuring the bolts are centered in the sleeve they go in. I ordered a set but I don't like my alignment is that far off. I haven't had it aligned yet as I'm waiting for the front to settle a little. Going to try and center it a little better today. The bushings say it could be 2 to 3 weeks, hope not. Hope this helps if you plan on swapping springs soon.

409904.jpg

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Since putting on the BRM springs it's been bothering me the steering wheel isn't aligned anymore. I only to the one link of the strut when I took them off. So the steering couldn't be that far off.

Got me to thinking about the rear. I dropped the whole rear-end (cradle) as the videos show. Remembering how the body bolts went back in, There's a lot of slop for the sleeves the body bolts go through. I started thinking they weren't self centering. So I measured the wheels to the front of the fender behind the doors. The passenger side is just over 3/4" forward than the driver's side.

A little research I found out they sell alignment bushings. They fill the sleeves the bolts go through. Ensuring the bolts are centered in the sleeve they go in. I ordered a set but I don't like my alignment is that far off. I haven't had it aligned yet as I'm waiting for the front to settle a little. Going to try and center it a little better today. The bushings say it could be 2 to 3 weeks, hope not. Hope this helps if you plan on swapping springs soon.

409904.jpg
Thatā€™s a good mod to do. I have the Steeda version on mine.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thatā€™s a good mod to do. I have the Steeda version on mine.
I don't see any other way to get the rear square without them.

I just squared the wheels to the body. That appears to be a little off the other way. Much better than it was though. I'll wait and see what the alignment bushings do to it. Then go get an alignment.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I remember reading somewhere that some cars may have to omit a couple of the alignment dowels, in order to square up the IRS cradle. That means one dowel diagonally from another to get square. Iā€˜ve had mine in for almost 2 years now and everything is square. I wish I could direct you to where I read that information, but I stumbled across it while looking for something else.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I replaced the pressure sensor today. I no longer have the P018C code.

Try and make a long story short. I realized last time I took my engine cover off I was missing a bolt. You have two bolts and nuts that hold the cover on. I figure one of the two dealerships that worked on my car failed to put one bolt on.

I had the engine cover off while checking the fuel sensor for leaks after installing. No leak, but I was hearing a vacuum leak. I'm grabbing hoses trying to find the leak.

By dumb luck I bumped my hand where one of the bolts belonging to the engine cover. That hole was sucking air. The hole closest to the driver. When I put my finger over it. The engine adjusted idle and was instantly smoother. I think this is why I've been having idle issues.

It makes no sense why a cover bolt would plug a vacuum leak. Very odd.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Stopped a couple places after seeing a friend today. Wrong time of day, sun was killing it. I need to actually take my camera out and try and catch the sun lower. But some updates with the BMR Performance Lowering Springs. I feel like it's still settling in the front. No way it's dropped 1.2"

station1.jpg

train1.jpg

garage1.jpg
park1.jpg
river1.jpg

shop1.jpg

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Do you by chance have the alignment specs on the car after lowering it? Looking at the pics it appears that the rear has a decent amount of negative camber dialed in?

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sierra, ā€˜21 Expedition, ā€˜22 Mach 1
Your car looks awesome! Not gonna lie, I am thinking of trying to replicate its look on my ā€˜19. Noob question, if you have a time does the box have to stay plugged in? I am thinking about getting the ford performance intake with throttle body and tune.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you by chance have the alignment specs on the car after lowering it? Looking at the pics it appears that the rear has a decent amount of negative camber dialed in?
I do not. The camber has always been there. May have slightly increased, but not by much.

I just had then look through the entire rear end just this winter. I have a slight squeak. Nothing was loose, broken or bent.

Waiting on alignment bushings, then getting the alignment. I should get a read out from that

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Your car looks awesome! Not gonna lie, I am thinking of trying to replicate its look on my ā€˜19. Noob question, if you have a time does the box have to stay plugged in? I am thinking about getting the ford performance intake with throttle body and tune.
By box, I assume the tuner? No, I just keep it there for the gauges I watch. You can load a tune and put it in the house. I don't think you get a tuner when you get a Ford Performance tune.

I'm loving the difference this stage 1 tune has even made. Quicker car, another shifts, low end power. As soon as I upgrade my intercooler I'm going for a custom tune.

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sierra, ā€˜21 Expedition, ā€˜22 Mach 1
By box, I assume the tuner? No, I just keep it there for the gauges I watch. You can load a tune and put it in the house. I don't think you get a tuner when you get a Ford Performance tune.

I'm loving the difference this stage 1 tune has even made. Quicker car, another shifts, low end power. As soon as I upgrade my intercooler I'm going for a custom tune.
Yes I am talking about the tuner, wasnā€™t sure what it was called. Sorry Iā€™m new to all this. I Am also looking at the Roush performance pack 2 also. Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I am talking about the tuner, wasnā€™t sure what it was called. Sorry Iā€™m new to all this. I Am also looking at the Roush performance pack 2 also. Thanks for the info.
I love the exhaust, but I liked the Airaid intake better.

The intake tube is the problem. You could get a better tube and drop in high flow air filter and get the same gains. If I could go back I'd have saved the money and just replaced the intake tube. But it does look better, lol.

The exhaust will not disappoint. With the intake, exhaust and now tune, sounds like a completely different engine now.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got my spoiler back from paint. Just in time for the car show tomorrow. Subtle, but better than the factory bar. I like it

20220624_115846_HDR~3.jpg

20220624_115909_HDR~3.jpg
Sponsored