Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
How do you like Koch S0.02?
I‘ve applied it to 7 cars so far. Easy to use, spray on wipe off. I use 2 towels, 1 to spread it over the finish, 1 to wipe dry. No streaks at all, not even on black. End result, VERY SLICK finish. A friend of mine bought a Rav 4 just before winter. We polished it and then applied S0.02. We washed it last week about 5 months after applying it and the paint finish was still beading up. Very happy with longevity. I also use koch Chemie Qf (quick finish) and I couldn’t be more satisfied! Ridiculously slick feeling after. Koch Chemie wax W0.01 is off the charts!!!! I’m a big fan of Koch Chemie products. Highest numbers with my Gloss Meter, great longevity, easy to use. It checks all the boxes for me. I have a repeat customer that I use multiple products on his car. (We work to together on it) 2 products on the hood, 1 on the roof, 1 on the trunk. After a few months we wash it, measure the gloss, check longevity of each product. Koch Chemie is hard to beat. A few others that are right up there are
PolishAngel High Gloss
Wolfgang Deep Paint Sealant
Wolfgang Fusion Wax
I’m leaning towards Koch Chemie from my own testing
numbers Including longevity. Longevity is a must on customers cars. It makes my job easier when then bring it back. My own cars I do so often I care about GLOSS! Koch Chemie is giving it to me!!
CFD03356-191E-40E9-B4AA-1C2D1549B50A.jpeg
FB6EED7B-9F47-44F4-8DB3-6474D67F1B82.jpeg
FCE52655-70FB-4E61-B27B-45433A9CDBC8.jpeg
7693FE1B-2CC6-4594-97D8-6F706D42E76F.jpeg
995BF777-BE04-4070-88E6-C6930D3C4BC0.jpeg
Sponsored

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
I‘ve applied it to 7 cars so far. Easy to use, spray on wipe off. I use 2 towels, 1 to spread it over the finish, 1 to wipe dry. No streaks at all, not even on black. End result, VERY SLICK finish. A friend of mine bought a Rav 4 just before winter. We polished it and then applied S0.02. We washed it last week about 5 months after applying it and the paint finish was still beading up. Very happy with longevity. I also use koch Chemie Qf (quick finish) and I couldn’t be more satisfied! Ridiculously slick feeling after. Koch Chemie wax W0.01 is off the charts!!!! I’m a big fan of Koch Chemie products. Highest numbers with my Gloss Meter, great longevity, easy to use. It checks all the boxes for me. I have a repeat customer that I use multiple products on his car. (We work to together on it) 2 products on the hood, 1 on the roof, 1 on the trunk. After a few months we wash it, measure the gloss, check longevity of each product. Koch Chemie is hard to beat. A few others that are right up there are
PolishAngel High Gloss
Wolfgang Fusion Wax
numbers Including longevity. Longevity is a must on customers cars. It makes my job easier when then bring it back. My own cars I do so often I care about GLOSS! Koch Chemie is giving it to me!!
Where do you source your supplies? tks

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Where do you source your supplies? tks
Some of this stuff is expensive. I’m serious about trying to perfect shine.
Depth of shine, easy to use (easy on, easy off), longevity are the qualities
I’m interested in. The stuff that’s expensive in my opinion is well worth the
money. The Koch Chemie WO.O1 wax is awesome! A tiny bit goes a VERY
long way. I don’t use it on every customers car, just the cars that deserve it.
Right now it’s the only wax I use on my cars. Highest gloss numbers I achieved
so far.

koch Chemie S0.02 Spray sealant
https://theragcompany.com/search?type=product&q=Koch+Chemie+S0.02
Koch Chemie Qf Quick Finish)
https://theragcompany.com/products/koch-chemie-quick-finish?_pos=1&_sid=d69bb1420&_ss=r
koch Chemie WO.01 wax
https://theragcompany.com/search?type=product&q=Koch+Chemie+wax
PolishAngel High Gloss
https://www.esotericcarcare.com/polishangel-high-gloss/
Wolfgang Fuzion Wax
https://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-fuzion-carnauba-polymer-car-wax.html
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant
https://www.autogeek.net/wg5500.html

E2678B85-A616-47D8-AC9B-0141B6B4AAC7.jpeg
428E4899-E00E-4A34-8E3D-F949B76A53A5.jpeg

Netman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2016 QX70 2017 Tacoma 2015 GT PP
I'm becoming a pain in the ass lol. Just ordered all the goods to refurbish the GT yesterday, so will tackle that soon. I just bought a brand new truck and would like to ppf the vulnerable areas at the front, but also wanted to ceramic coat it. The truck is black (worst color of course). What are the steps in doing this from the start, after the ppf is installed? Is this something that average Joe can do? I would say I'm quite particular at doing these things, but of course I don't want to screw something up beyond repair. Like anything, I'm sure there are good and bad products, and some probably much easier to use than others. Any recommendations, or should I spend the money and have someone do it? I know a few of you will step in with your always appreciated intel. Thanks..

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I'm becoming a pain in the ass lol. Just ordered all the goods to refurbish the GT yesterday, so will tackle that soon. I just bought a brand new truck and would like to ppf the vulnerable areas at the front, but also wanted to ceramic coat it. The truck is black (worst color of course). What are the steps in doing this from the start, after the ppf is installed? Is this something that average Joe can do? I would say I'm quite particular at doing these things, but of course I don't want to screw something up beyond repair. Like anything, I'm sure there are good and bad products, and some probably much easier to use than others. Any recommendations, or should I spend the money and have someone do it? I know a few of you will step in with your always appreciated intel. Thanks..
From what I have been told, it can take years to become fully proficient in PPF. If it were me, I would personally leave the PPF to a pro and then apply the ceramic coating myself.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
PolishAngel High Gloss
Wolfgang Fusion Wax
Me too!

They cost more, but they are designed to work very efficiently, so you tend to use less. Of all that I have tried, only one didn't meet my expectations, AS Auto Shampoo. Other than that, I always enjoy using Koch products, especially GSF, Plast Star, Pol Star, ASC, Green Star and Eulex are awesome too.

Reactions: Les

Netman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
From what I have been told, it can take years to become fully proficient in PPF. If it were me, I would personally leave the PPF to a pro and then apply the ceramic coating myself.
Definitely. I wouldn’t tackle the ppf myself, I’d have that done professionally. As for the coating aspect, is it safe to tackle by a novice?

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Definitely. I wouldn’t tackle the ppf myself, I’d have that done professionally. As for the coating aspect, is it safe to tackle by a novice?
Generally, absolutely yes! In fact, I only applied my first ceramic coating last year, and backed that up with two others earlier this year.

I would say watch a few videos first to see if it's something you can be confident in trying. I would also say choose a forgiving coating to work with. There is a reason why I have gone with Gyeon for ceramic coatings, they are generally some of the easiest to deal with, especially valuable for novices.

Gyeon Can Coat EVO (Up to 12-month durability, spray/wipe formulation) -
Q² CanCoat EVO | Ceramic Coat Spray | Gyeon (gyeonusa.com)

Gyeon Pure EVO - (Up to 36 months durability, you will need the 50ml version for a truck.)
Q² Pure EVO | Ceramic Gloss Coating | Gyeon (gyeonusa.com)

Gyeon MOHS EVO - (Up to 36 months with one layer, 48 months witth two layers, again 50ml version for a tuck.)
Q² Mohs EVO | Polysilazane Car Coating | Gyeon (gyeonusa.com)

One other I would look at would be Diamond ProTech Diamond Body (single layer) or Diamond Body 36 (dual layer). Although I haven't applied it, it's supposed to be super forgiving.
Diamond ProTech - Diamond Body 36 Kit | The Rag Company
Diamond ProTech - Diamond Body | The Rag Company

Prep & Applications -

Gyeon Pure EVO -
Holiday Project - Polishing and Ceramic Coating the Jag! | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com

Can Coat EVO -
Holiday Project Four - Decontamination, Polishing & Coating a Ranger Wildrack | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com

These videos break it all down into a very simple to follow process -
(167) The Detailing Basics: Raptor Detail - YouTube

Sponsored

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got the car out on a perfect weather day. Windows down, t-shirt on, loud pipes rowing through the gears!
cleaned it up before putting back in the garage.
BB554537-B9C2-4694-A0AD-DC9A60593C69.jpeg

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
FYI that there are now some ceramic coatings that are made specifically for going on PPF. Carpro Cquartz Skin, Gyeon Q2 PPF Evo and GTechniq Halo are a few.

Netman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
FYI that there are now some ceramic coatings that are made specifically for going on PPF. Carpro Cquartz Skin, Gyeon Q2 PPF Evo and GTechniq Halo are a few.
That’s good to know, thanks. I’ll check into them.
Sponsored