Show and Shine... Post your ride

Netman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2016 QX70 2017 Tacoma 2015 GT PP
Question. I’m cleaning up my Tacoma pickup to sell. It’s white, so the iron fallout spots are quite visible. I usually use a clay bar to remove them, but the spray on stuff seems like it would be quicker and easier. Do they work as well, or do you still have to go over it afterwards with the clay bar anyway? Thanks.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Question. I’m cleaning up my Tacoma pickup to sell. It’s white, so the iron fallout spots are quite visible. I usually use a clay bar to remove them, but the spray on stuff seems like it would be quicker and easier. Do they work as well, or do you still have to go over it afterwards with the clay bar anyway? Thanks.
Start with an iron remover, might need a light clay bar to follow up but the iron removers work well

Netman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I've never used the spray on iron remover, how much would you typically use when doing your average vehicle? I have three vehicles to do, so not sure how much I should get.

Is this the same product that you'd use as a wheel cleaner?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I've never used the spray on iron remover, how much would you typically use when doing your average vehicle? I have three vehicles to do, so not sure how much I should get.

Adam’s and a few others make a dedicated iron remover that’s safe for paint. Some of the wheel cleaners are too but just need to read the labels. Spray a decent amount, like you would with a detail spray or drying aid. Let it dwell a few minutes, just make sure it doesn’t dry on the paint. Most of them turn purple on the spots that it’s decontaminating. Then just spray it off with water

Sponsored

Netman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Adam’s and a few others make a dedicated iron remover that’s safe for paint. Some of the wheel cleaners are too but just need to read the labels. Spray a decent amount, like you would with a detail spray or drying aid. Let it dwell a few minutes, just make sure it doesn’t dry on the paint. Most of them turn purple on the spots that it’s decontaminating. Then just spray it off with water
Thank you sir..

CRS77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Picked it up from storage and gave it a quick bath.

2917EC83-68BB-4216-BD28-08A6645AAE27.jpeg

7D4B30A3-B188-470C-ABE6-EB77EC2FFA76.jpeg

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Iron removers are a valuable tool when dealing with paint contamination, helping remove embedded iron particles safely in a touchless fashion. When followed by a clay bar/towel/mitt, you remove anything not dissolved by the chemical.

Starting with that last question, some iron removers can be used for wheels and paint, some are wheel only. For example, Carpro IronX, Gyeon Iron and P&S Iron Buster can be used in both roles. Something like Koch Chemie MWC and Sonax Full Effect should be reserved for wheels only.

You can also get combination iron remover/clay lubricants, meaning you can clay and iron decon in one step. I have used Carpro IronX and NV Purify for this in the past.

Purify | Fallout Remover & Clay Lubricant – Nv Car Care USA

IMG-2337.jpg

IMG-2340.jpg

There are a few different ways of using iron removers. As mentioned above, you can apply the product and use it to lubricate a clay bar/pad. In this case, you would have washed the car already. This method is ideal for well-maintained vehicles with mild to moderate contamination.

Another method would be to apply the iron remover from dry at the very beginning, prior to rinsing the car. This reduces the dilution of the product and increases the reaction. You would then rinse the car thoroughly after a dwell period, followed by the normal wash process and possibly a clay treatment.

For me, I typically wash and rinse the car as usual. While still wet, I then apply iron remover to the whole vehicle, allowing as long as possible to dwell. I then rinse the car clean, and while still wet, follow up with the clay process using a clay lubricant. I then rinse the car and start the drying process.

A few usage tips / considerations -

- These products are expensive to make, so RRP's reflect this. While some are better than others, they are a much of a muchness in terms of effectiveness. I would say shop around in gallon sizes, P&S Iron Buster is usually one of the better priced options.
P&S Detail Products - Iron Buster | The Rag Company
CARPRO Iron X Lemon Scent (autogeek.net)
GYEON Q2M Iron Remover - 4000 ml (autogeek.net)

IMG_1812.jpg

- I use about 350ml to 400ml of product for a Mustang sized vehicle.

-Be warned, these products stink to high heaven. Wear gloves.

- Apply in the shade or small sections at a time. Avoid having it dry on the paint. Avoid applying of hot surfaces.

- I tend to avoid applying the product on glass.

- Allow as long as possible for the product do its thing, without letting it dry.

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

- To increase the effectiveness, use your gloved hands to distribute product across the paint.

IMG_1814.jpg

If you haven't already, look into getting a clay sponge, mitt or towel. These are much easier and quicker to use than old clay bars.

Ultra Clay Towel | The Rag Company
Ultra Clay Mitt | The Rag Company
Ultra Clay Scrubber | The Rag Company

IMG-6742.jpg

IMG_1820.jpg

Sponsored

Netman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Iron removers are a valuable tool when dealing with paint contamination, helping remove embedded iron particles safely in a touchless fashion. When followed by a clay bar/towel/mitt, you remove anything not dissolved by the chemical.

Starting with that last question, some iron removers can be used for wheels and paint, some are wheel only. For example, Carpro IronX, Gyeon Iron and P&S Iron Buster can be used in both roles. Something like Koch Chemie MWC and Sonax Full Effect should be reserved for wheels only.

You can also get combination iron remover/clay lubricants, meaning you can clay and iron decon in one step. I have used Carpro IronX and NV Purify for this in the past.

Purify | Fallout Remover & Clay Lubricant – Nv Car Care USA

IMG-2337.jpg

IMG-2340.jpg

There are a few different ways of using iron removers. As mentioned above, you can apply the product and use it to lubricate a clay bar/pad. In this case, you would have washed the car already. This method is ideal for well-maintained vehicles with mild to moderate contamination.

Another method would be to apply the iron remover from dry at the very beginning, prior to rinsing the car. This reduces the dilution of the product and increases the reaction. You would then rinse the car thoroughly after a dwell period, followed by the normal wash process and possibly a clay treatment.

For me, I typically wash and rinse the car as usual. While still wet, I then apply iron remover to the whole vehicle, allowing as long as possible to dwell. I then rinse the car clean, and while still wet, follow up with the clay process using a clay lubricant. I then rinse the car and start the drying process.

A few usage tips / considerations -

- These products are expensive to make, so RRP's reflect this. While some are better than others, they are a much of a muchness in terms of effectiveness. I would say shop around in gallon sizes, P&S Iron Buster is usually one of the better priced options.
P&S Detail Products - Iron Buster | The Rag Company
CARPRO Iron X Lemon Scent (autogeek.net)
GYEON Q2M Iron Remover - 4000 ml (autogeek.net)

IMG_1812.jpg

- I use about 350ml to 400ml of product for a Mustang sized vehicle.

-Be warned, these products stink to high heaven. Wear gloves.

- Apply in the shade or small sections at a time. Avoid having it dry on the paint. Avoid applying of hot surfaces.

- I tend to avoid applying the product on glass.

- Allow as long as possible for the product do its thing, without letting it dry.

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

- To increase the effectiveness, use your gloved hands to distribute product across the paint.

IMG_1814.jpg

If you haven't already, look into getting a clay sponge, mitt or towel. These are much easier and quicker to use than old clay bars.

Ultra Clay Towel | The Rag Company
Ultra Clay Mitt | The Rag Company
Ultra Clay Scrubber | The Rag Company

IMG-6742.jpg

IMG_1820.jpg
I'm trying to do up an order for some of these items. What do you recommend to bring life back into the black plastic outside trim pieces.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Last edited:

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Quick wash with Koch Chemie Gentle Snow Foam, and Koch Chemie S0.02 Spray Sealant. I did paint correction before winter then it was driven from Massachusetts to Maryland for storage! He just drove it back from Maryland and I had to get all the bugs off the front bumper. Very easy because I used the same sealant before the trip. Took less than an hour and a half to get it back in shape!
6AD5AB2E-3116-4034-82E3-CB2EB8AA2D04.jpeg
3E2BCA04-F488-4966-A4FA-D49D7A0289A7.jpeg
26CAC7D0-05E0-4A0E-B7A0-A97473D4782F.jpeg

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Quick wash with Koch Chemie Gentle Snow Foam, and Koch Chemie S0.02 Spray Sealant. I did paint correction before winter then it was driven from Massachusetts to Maryland for storage! He just drove it back from Maryland and I had to get all the bugs off the front bumper. Very easy because I used the same sealant before the trip. Took less than an hour and a half to get it back in shape!
6AD5AB2E-3116-4034-82E3-CB2EB8AA2D04.jpeg
3E2BCA04-F488-4966-A4FA-D49D7A0289A7.jpeg
26CAC7D0-05E0-4A0E-B7A0-A97473D4782F.jpeg
How do you like Koch S0.02?

I got given a bottle but haven't used it yet.
Sponsored