Should I Trade my 2008 GT 500 for a MACH 1

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
That’s a really nice color and combination. Great looking car.

You will get plenty of lookers with a Mach if you're a car show guy. I go to shows pretty often and it's quite popular.

IMG_6175.jpeg

71667157017__8783D1B4-38E4-4449-83CF-1A80855C98C0.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
armytc

armytc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2008 Shelby GT500
awesome! I am going to try to get to a few shows up more north this summer so maybe we will run into each other.
Sounds great! You may want to look at Cruise-A-Palooza, downtown Butler or the Penn Twp Mega Cruise at the Butler County Airport. Both cruises draw over 1000 cars.
See carcruises.com

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
That’s a really nice color and combination. Great looking car.
Thank you! Although if it had been available I’d have ordered the GT500 Brittany Blue or Grabber Lime, really love those two colors.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Both cruises draw over 1000 cars.
You must be in or near a large city, Dennis..WOW, a THOUSAND. We only have a couple monthly shows in this little burg and at best, there might be two hundred.

Ahh..when I pulled up a chart, I see Butler is just north of Pittsburgh, that explains the large turnouts.

MOF, I was just in PIT a couple months ago visiting a college buddy and it was COLD! <grin> I had a great time but I was sure glad to get back to warmer weather.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
You must be in or near a large city, Dennis..WOW, a THOUSAND. We only have a couple monthly shows in this little burg and at best, there might be two hundred.

Ahh..when I pulled up a chart, I see Butler is just north of Pittsburgh, that explains the large turnouts.

MOF, I was just in PIT a couple months ago visiting a college buddy and it was COLD! <grin> I had a great time but I was sure glad to get back to warmer weather.
There are quite a few shows in this area that hit 4 figures on attendance. Our local small-town show regularly draws 400 cars and packs them into about a 6 block long area, shuts down the town for the day... starts at noon but if you want a good spot you better be there by 6AM.

Cold LOL. This was about the warmest winter I can remember. I am super jealous of you guys that get to drive your cars all year round.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
..starts at noon but if you want a good spot you better be there by 6AM.
0600, YIKES! That sure makes for a LONG "show day," Mike! A good spot is nice but there's no way I would to show up THAT early. <grin>

I am super jealous of you guys that get to drive your cars all year round.
I well remember northern winters from my formative years, Mike, but the downside to living this far south is the opposite problem..TOO DAMN HOT in the summer! <laughing> But yep, being able to drive year round is a wonderful thing although it does mean that you have to do a whole lot more car washing! <BSEG>

On the plus side, I've never even turned on the heater in the four years I've had the car. ;=)

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
0600, YIKES! That sure makes for a LONG "show day," Mike! A good spot is nice but there's no way I would to show up THAT early. <grin>
I have to admit cheating a little... it's only 10 minutes away so I drop it off at 6 and have the wife pick me up, then we head back down at noon and stroll up to our primo spot 😁 the cops and local businesses just accept the fact that the first two blocks will be full before anyone's out of bed!

IMG_4455.JPG

This girl showed up wearing next to nothing 2 years ago on a day that was about 60 degrees... you should recruit her for one of your avatars :cool:

IMG_1259.JPG

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Go for the Mach 1 automatic. The A10 is a great transmission. If you've been driving manuals for the past 30yrs or so, you'll be amazed how far this automatic is from the old T-400 and T-350 days.

OP
OP
armytc

armytc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2008 Shelby GT500
Go for the Mach 1 automatic. The A10 is a great transmission. If you've been driving manuals for the past 30yrs or so, you'll be amazed how far this automatic is from the old T-400 and T-350 days.
I know I have a good car. low mile, show worthy, but I can see the writing on the wall. An automatic would be easier to drive and something my wife could also drive.
I've been searching for a 2023 Mach 1 but at this point, no luck. I find a few but they have RECARO seats, or a 6-speed. I did find a 2023 leftover with cloth seats but the dealer won't negotiate.
So I'll keep looking.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I know I have a good car. low mile, show worthy, but I can see the writing on the wall. An automatic would be easier to drive and something my wife could also drive.
I've been searching for a 2023 Mach 1 but at this point, no luck. I find a few but they have RECARO seats, or a 6-speed. I did find a 2023 leftover with cloth seats but the dealer won't negotiate.
So I'll keep looking.
There’s this one in Cincy, not sure if this is the one you’re referencing

IMG_2818.png

Sponsored
OP
OP
armytc

armytc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2008 Shelby GT500
There’s this one in Cincy, not sure if this is the one you’re referencing

IMG_2818.png
Yes, that's the one I was looking at. Being fair to the dealer, they were quoting a price over the phone. My 2008 Shelby is very nice with 6700 miles on it new Michelins, documentation, and up to date maintenance. Sadly, their offer wasn't close to what I expected, They had a number of dealer added charges. This car has the base package, no leather.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yes, that's the one I was looking at. Being fair to the dealer, they were quoting a price over the phone. My 2008 Shelby is very nice with 6700 miles on it new Michelins, documentation, and up to date maintenance. Sadly, their offer wasn't close to what I expected, They had a number of dealer added charges. This car has the base package, no leather.
That stinks. Not sure if it’s worth the drive to Cincy for you, but maybe you get a more favorable price being there in person? What kind of dealer fees are they trying to add out of curiosity?

OP
OP
armytc

armytc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2008 Shelby GT500
That stinks. Not sure if it’s worth the drive to Cincy for you, but maybe you get a more favorable price being there in person? What kind of dealer fees are they trying to add out of curiosity?
Silent Guard $199.00 and Pulse $499.00.
I'm not sure what either option would be but other than tax and document fees, I don't normally pay for other dealer ad ons.
I don't want to knock this dealer, many dealers have ad ons. It's about 4 1/2 hours from my location to this car. Hopefully I'll find something a bit closer.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Silent Guard $199.00 and Pulse $499.00.
I'm not sure what either option would be but other than tax and document fees, I don't normally pay for other dealer ad ons.
I don't want to knock this dealer, many dealers have ad ons. It's about 4 1/2 hours from my location to this car. Hopefully I'll find something a bit closer.
For sure, they all have them. Some people find value in that stuff, others don’t (myself included). Good luck with your search, something will turn up!

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
What are you looking to get for your 08' Shelby? I know a guy who might be interested 😁
Sponsored