Sponsored

Shop quote too much?

ThirtyThreePointThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 White EcoBoost AT
Sup y'all. I've got a '15 eco non-PP.

Got a set of GT PP shocks/struts and BMR springs to match id like to have put on the car. A shop quoted me 6 hours of labor for a total of $750 for the install of all 4 corners. They also said I'd need to get aftermarket mounts.

Does that seem right to y'all? Or should I keep shopping around? Do I really need new mounts?
Sponsored

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
i think $400 is normal for springs at shops not sure about shocks/struts, but seems high, if your part of a local group most guys install for $200 thats how i got mine installed but he is a legit guy

i actually just bought new mounts as well since ive been getting a creaking hopefully it goes away

jwats15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT base
Find a different shop; thats over twice the amount i paid. and i just went to a random performance shop.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
That's crazy. My buddy has a shop and will do springs for $200, possibly even less for local Mustang guys we know. Too bad you're not closer to PA. I'm sure springs with shocks wouldn't be much more.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Also, I didn't use new mounts and my car drive very well.

Sponsored

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
$750...no way, local guy here quotes $250 for springs. Adding shocks into the equation shouldn't change the price much, if anything it saves time to have separate shocks ready to slap the springs on to, becomes remove/replace basically.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Hell, you can get a set of headers installed cheaper than that.

Run away from that shop and keep looking, or look into getting the tools and doing it yourself.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
1.5 hours per corner seems a bit extreme, especially for a professional shop with professional tools and a lift.

I can do both rear springs/shocks in under 2 hours and that's with using jack/jack stands and hand tools. Most of that time is spent jacking up the car and taking the wheels off. Once the rear is in the air it's a matter of minutes before having the stuff off. With air and a lift you could do those in an hour tops. Fronts may take maybe an hour each (so 2 in total, 3 with the rears) depending if you have the struts already assembled or not. But since you are not reusing the oem stuff, then half of the work is not necessary eg. compressing the springs and disassembling the strut.

This sounds like the perfect case of a shop not really wanting to do the work by giving you an unrealistic quote. But if you do end up overlooking that and still want them to do the work, then they get to charge you twice the amount they would have otherwise charged.

OP
OP

ThirtyThreePointThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 White EcoBoost AT
Appreciate the responses everyone. Will def keep looking around.
Sponsored