Shelby wheels

Jake Skye

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
this would be interesting. are there patent issues? can you do the "GT350" or "GT350R" stamping? gloss black? do tell...
Im pretty sure it can happened, it’s just a process of getting in contact with them and coming to an agreement in the price, design and fitment to be offered.
The only question would be if customers would want a China made wheel or a USA made wheel. China means cheaper on the price with limited Fitments and colors available (current situation) or USA made a little more expensive but all Fitments and colors available.
I personally would say USA made just like all my other 6 Designs currently being offered to dealers (Dodge,Chevy, Ford)

We know what forgings and materials are being used here in the states. As overseas we really don’t know what grade forgings they truly are using. Just saying
Sponsored

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
Im pretty sure it can happened, it’s just a process of getting in contact with them and coming to an agreement in the price, design and fitment to be offered.
The only question would be if customers would want a China made wheel or a USA made wheel. China means cheaper on the price with limited Fitments and colors available (current situation) or USA made a little more expensive but all Fitments and colors available.
I personally would say USA made just like all my other 6 Designs currently being offered to dealers (Dodge,Chevy, Ford)

We know what forgings and materials are being used here in the states. As overseas we really don’t know what grade forgings they truly are using. Just saying
Sure, but what seems to be the #1 most popular wheel brand on here, and at like an eye watering 5 to 6k a set ($$$$) are made in ROC providence, Taiwan. Apparently the vast majority of people don't care, since they are paying USA prices for an Asian set. But that place seems to do anything you want, has an amazing selection of colors, and are installed on some very hi profile Mustangs

Jake Skye

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Sure, but what seems to be the #1 most popular wheel brand on here, and at like an eye watering 5 to 6k a set ($$$$) are made in ROC providence, Taiwan. Apparently the vast majority of people don't care, since they are paying USA prices for an Asian set. But that place seems to do anything you want, has an amazing selection of colors, and are installed on some very hi profile Mustangs
Yeah, I know the brand you’re referring too.
I been selling them since they been around the first day to all my high horsepower cars.
But that’s why I do my best to keep my USA made wheels under $5k retail and with as many options possible.
As we know cost to make a set here to Asia is a huge difference that’s why more and more companies are taking business overseas.

Could just be me, but I would rather get a set of US made Forged wheels on my car. If they are rotary forged than we have no other option than overseas.

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I know the brand you’re referring too.
I been selling them since they been around the first day to all my high horsepower cars.
But that’s why I do my best to keep my USA made wheels under $5k retail and with as many options possible.
As we know cost to make a set here to Asia is a huge difference that’s why more and more companies are taking business overseas.

Could just be me, but I would rather get a set of US made Forged wheels on my car.
That's my thought as well. Normally asian rims are more value priced since it is harder to account for quality of materials received, etc. Also, if a wheel is damaged, how easy is it to get another one? And when? I mean after 3 or 4 years. I'm no expert but I think odds to get a damaged one replaced would be higher with one made closer to home. That's one nice thing about. Shelby wheel, even if imported, Id assume less custom choices means a better chance of finding one out there down the road. Plus the price is good for forged, as you would think it should be

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. I am surprised how those ugly wheels have generated 11 pages of comments... Guys, move on. They are UGLY. I'd rather get a set of MRR or hell even 6GR's instead.

Sponsored

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. I am surprised how those ugly wheels have generated 11 pages of comments... Guys, move on. They are UGLY. I'd rather get a set of MRR or hell even 6GR's instead.
LOL come on man. They look pretty darn nice. I love the stamped "GT350" on the lip too.

The reality is, when these were on sale during BF (Nov-Dec 2019) with 20% off, I could have gotten them shipped to my door for $2145. Fully forged "Shelby" wheel. Pretty darn impressive.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Wow. I am surprised how those ugly wheels have generated 11 pages of comments... Guys, move on.
I respect your opinion that you dislike these wheels as I would never have a black wheel on any of my cars. But I also think that you need to unsubscribe from this thread and move on. The 11 pages shows me there is an interest in these wheels.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
LOL come on man. They look pretty darn nice. I love the stamped "GT350" on the lip too.

The reality is, when these were on sale during BF (Nov-Dec 2019) with 20% off, I could have gotten them shipped to my door for $2145. Fully forged "Shelby" wheel. Pretty darn impressive.
Sorry, I suppose some one man's treasure is another man's trash... :) Just not my taste. I'd rather keep the original GT350 design than buy these "Shelby" wheels... Sorry, but Carroll Shelby had nothing to do with them .. or did he?

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
The other thing is they are heavy (for a fully forged wheel) at 26 and 27.5 lbs. I am sure they are strong and they will sustain track duty, but just sayin.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
The other thing is they are heavy (for a fully forged wheel) at 26 and 27.5 lbs. I am sure they are strong and they will sustain track duty, but just sayin.
point taken. while they are fully forged, i believe you're right about the weight, somewhere around 26 lbs'ish each. and also the caliper clearance isn't the best either. but there is still a strong appeal with these wheels bc of the look, price, quality, and unique shelby embossing, etc. if there can be an R-spec made i'd be interested...at the right price.

Sponsored

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
I also think they somehow have an OEM vibe ....less boy racer

Deleted member 37397

I saw a set at a car show last fall. They were ok, nothing spectacular to be honest. I mean they are different in they aren’t black, which is what I’ve gotten used to seeing. On the right color car they look good, ruby red or Kona blue, lightning blue, otherwise they don’t do anything for me.

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
I saw a rim in person at the Shelby Museum in Las Vegas. They just had one out, in silver.We thought it looked much better in person. To me it looked..... expensive. The guy I brought with me really liked them as well, he loved the silver

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
If you have an R you dont need track wheels
Sponsored