Sponsored

Shelby GT500 GAPS 911 GT3RS at willow springs...

Antigravity Batteries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3 RS
Seems alot of people are not understanding the dynamic of trying to become popular on Youtube and get angry with this kid. He is not mis-leading anyone or taking advantage of anyone, or doing anything wrong whatsoever. All he is doing is promoting HIMSELF and trying to make a brand and become a hit to make some money. Its takes alot of time and work to do all the videos... it might not be what some of you call hard work but it alot of minutiae in setting up the camera doing you shooting editing and much more.

He's just trying to create a product you will watch, and he absolutely has to have Clickbait type titles, just as the guy from Vehicle Virgins and other Youtube stars that get hits. It mandatory to create buzz and in some cases make people angry... frustrated angry people will watch you despite saying how you suck. That is how the news gets you to watch it... they want to give you all the boloney and repeat it 50 times a day. This is media. He will get Porsche guys angry at his silly title and have them watching and all Youtube cares about is how much traffic he generates... not if its foolish, accurate, in-accurate or whatever. So he has to do it a certain way to get the quick views and people talking about it as fast as possible. Its a new CAr and he's putting alot into this... if he can pull it off well he can then be in a position to get other cars and compare them and take it to another level.
Sponsored

FreddyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheels and a seat
Here's a Great example of Awesome driving skills (Randy Pobst) in a Honda powered Miata against a V8 powered Mustang against a car that has more power but less driver's skill. Please don't think that I'm bad mouthing the Mustang driver, but he's not in Randy's league (who is the Driver for Motor Trend and also has won National driving championships).

Sorry for the Guys who will have bad dreams about the Miata, but if that's the case, you might not want to watch this video. :D

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
Here's a Great example of Awesome driving skills (Randy Pobst) in a Honda powered Miata against a V8 powered Mustang against a car that has more power but less driver's skill. Please don't think that I'm bad mouthing the Mustang driver, but he's not in Randy's league (who is the Driver for Motor Trend and also has won National driving championships).

Sorry for the Guys who will have bad dreams about the Miata, but if that's the case, you might not want to watch this video. :D

Awesome video. You see this so much on trackdays. The less skilled guy with the faster car thinks pulling away hard in the straights justifies not pointing by and when the better driver with slower car finally gets by the gap just steadily grows (I realize in this video it might have actually been a race, but it demonstrates the point). Speed through turns is king in road racing.

Sponsored

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Here is another couple of good ones.

What a good driver can do - MX5 miata killing a GT3RS.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
He is not mis-leading anyone or taking advantage of anyone, or doing anything wrong whatsoever. .
this is wrong. we hate him because he has consistanlty, knowingly lied and put false information out there. the rest im fine with, had he NOT done the above, in nearly every previous "leaked" video

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

It looked like Randy was working really hard in that video. Possibly the other guy was more relaxed - can drive faster but was choosing not to. I know when I do track days I don't get so crazy that I have to whip the steering wheel around counter steering to avoid spinning the car - especially under braking. Mostly I don't want to go that close to the ragged edge because I don't think it's as fun. I also don't want to ball up my car.

FreddyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheels and a seat
I can see what you're saying, but even when you drive relaxed, you still use good lines. You just don't push your car as hard. The Guy driving the Mustang was not using good lines and was relying on the Mustang having more power in the straights. He was taking wider lines on the corners and not coming close to the curbing (which might make me agree with your relaxed driving theory but even relaxed, Please use better lines). Unfortunately for him, on a road course there are turns and that's where he got beaten. That's why I say to invest in the Driver Mod!

Any good driver will tell you that smooth is fast when it comes to road racing and the Mustang driver wasn't too smooth. Of course Randy had to drive that Miata harder because he was chasing a car that had more power.

mattballislife

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ballislife.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
gt350R
Very good point. Additionally, if many have not done a track day yet just keep in mind that there are different skill levels. I've done speed ventures (The one he went to) a few times and they don't even let you in the upper tier skill levels until they feel like you're ready and have attended a few of their events to prove that.

I have been on track day events where their are high end exotics including Porsche's but the driver is just out having fun and learning their car. Track days aren't races. I've also had experiences when I'm learning a new track like Streets of Willow and the smaller cars just straight up dominate. I was there a few months back and a 17 Civic SI was besting a 19 ZR1 corvette so much that the corvette owner complained that everyone was holding him back and wanted to be in a higher level lol. At the same event a gentlemen in his sedan Mercedes (CLS63 AMG) thought that because he had a really high hp car that he was just going to dominate everyone...He was consistently towards the back of the pack in terms of timing being bested by civics, miatas, 90's integras, mini coopers, mazda speed 3 etc.

It's quite easy to make a video like this kid did if you really wanted to. What I don't get is with all of the cameras and media savvyness that he has, why doesn't he ever time his laps? The transponders are only $20 for the day or you can use harrys laptimer for a one time fee of $20.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Any good driver will tell you that smooth is fast when it comes to road racing and the Mustang driver wasn't too smooth. Of course Randy had to drive that Miata harder because he was chasing a car that had more power.
It's a "Mustang" but good lord the quadrabind suspension on the fox cars was awful. If the car had a full Griggs/Maximum Motorsport/Cortex suspension it'd be a different story but given the skinny tires with the oversized fender flares (which looked pretty dumb) I'd venture to guess that white car didn't have a whole lot done to correct the factory suspension geometry. I'm surprised the Miata didn't pass it quicker.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
It's quite easy to make a video like this kid did if you really wanted to. What I don't get is with all of the cameras and media savvyness that he has, why doesn't he ever time his laps? The transponders are only $20 for the day or you can use harrys laptimer for a one time fee of $20.
Because that shatters the persona that some people have, of him being a good driver

gmd2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Because that shatters the persona that some people have, of him being a good driver
You can actually see his lap times in this video on his AIM solo lap timer .... they are not fast and wouldn’t beat a good driver in a Stock civic Type R much less a GT3RS .

FreddyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheels and a seat
Very good point. Additionally, if many have not done a track day yet just keep in mind that there are different skill levels. I've done speed ventures (The one he went to) a few times and they don't even let you in the upper tier skill levels until they feel like you're ready and have attended a few of their events to prove that.

I have been on track day events where their are high end exotics including Porsche's but the driver is just out having fun and learning their car. Track days aren't races. I've also had experiences when I'm learning a new track like Streets of Willow and the smaller cars just straight up dominate. I was there a few months back and a 17 Civic SI was besting a 19 ZR1 corvette so much that the corvette owner complained that everyone was holding him back and wanted to be in a higher level lol. At the same event a gentlemen in his sedan Mercedes (CLS63 AMG) thought that because he had a really high hp car that he was just going to dominate everyone...He was consistently towards the back of the pack in terms of timing being bested by civics, miatas, 90's integras, mini coopers, mazda speed 3 etc.

I'm a Huge fan of the underdog and REALLY enjoy when a person who bought a fast car gets Humbled by someone who can actually get the most of a car that shouldn't beat them but does. Some people buy cars that are fast in magazine reviews (driven by Pro's like Randy Pobst) and think that they can go to a track day and just lay waste to the competition and then get surprised (or angry) when they get beat by a Miata or a Civic driven by a superior driver. That's Great to me!
Sponsored