Sponsored

Shelby 350-H

Nukem501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Shelby GT500
I think they look pretty sharp and have a uniqueness about them, but not at that price lol

If they were around 40 they would be a lot more attractive (imho)
Sponsored

MKW

2015 LE 50TH Kona Blue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE 50TH Mustang Kona Blue #320 6 speed
The GT-Hs aren't GT350s. They're GTs with an exhaust, some suspension bits and cosmetic parts with the Shelby name slapped on.
Sorry they are way more than that. I have one and it's awesome. Mine was never rented.

Boss Bandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Lightning Blue), 1998 Camaro SS
Saw one of these for sale in person during the Woodward Dream Cruise. It was thoroughly thrashed. Paint was a wreck, carbon fiber splitter was...split. Interior looked like it was 10 years old. Didn't hear or see it run, but from my walk around I can only imagine how completely beat the driveline is.

No thanks.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Sorry they are way more than that. I have one and it's awesome. Mine was never rented.
Then what's the difference? The GT-H offers the same performance and handling but with Shelby badges AFAIK (honestly asking btw)

Sponsored

MKW

2015 LE 50TH Kona Blue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then what's the difference? The GT-H offers the same performance and handling but with Shelby badges AFAIK (honestly asking btw)
You can Google it. Some high lights it has Shelby added performance and handle plus added ford performance calibration from Shelby. I have a 4 page long list from Shelby with the add on' s that I received with my purchase.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I had wanted one those in the 08 edition. Would be a cool auto to have just for the history of it. The hertz rent a racer.

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Wonder what Ford Racing exhaust is on the H?

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
So did Shelby America team up with Hertz or did Ford do a Shelby package for it? The article says 50 years ago Hertz, Ford, and Shelby America teamed up to build the car. It says they did again in 2016 but I thought Ford and Shelby America did not play well together.

midnite9150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GT
I've rented three of these cars now and let me tell every one has been beat to hell (missing splitters... scratches... small dents... swapped out tires - someone probably stole the MPS's on that one). I laughed when the guy at Hertz told me what they're trying to sell them for.

They also treat you like a criminal when you rent these. They want 2 credit cards (with a huge deposit) and multiple ID's. Then when you return the car they scan over every inch making sure you didn't steal or damage something. You essentially have to get the insurance as it's hard to tell what wasn't already damaged..

That said... they're a lot of fun... I highly recommend renting one and driving the wheels off it all day if you get the chance.

Renting these is also a big part of why I just bought my own S550 and am modding it to be very similar to those GT-Hs.
Its a good thing avis didnt even look at the ecoboost 2015 that I rented and autocrossed, returning it smelling like brakes and tires a couple years ago :D:D

Ed2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
This thread needs more pictures...:headbang:

MKW... how did you order your car? I thought all of these had to be purchased from Hertz.
Shelby1.jpg
Shelby2.jpg
Shelby3.jpg

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
So did Shelby America team up with Hertz or did Ford do a Shelby package for it? The article says 50 years ago Hertz, Ford, and Shelby America teamed up to build the car. It says they did again in 2016 but I thought Ford and Shelby America did not play well together.

They were built by Shelby American, albeit using a mix of Shelby and Ford Performance parts.

Ford's relationship with Shelby American seems to be just fine :)

MKW

2015 LE 50TH Kona Blue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This thread needs more pictures...:headbang:

MKW... how did you order your car? I thought all of these had to be purchased from Hertz.
I bought mine from a friend who knows a Hertz Licensee. They never rented my car. :ford:
Sponsored