AvaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Here's the other two I've rented.

First one is my dad with a huge grin on his face from driving it. That one was a convertible with the black accent package. The second one was a hardtop, which is much better than the convertible.
image.jpeg
image.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

AvaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Two dates in a rental ? Your a poser man LOL

LOL JK dude. Glad you liked the GT :thumbsup:
Lmao, I agree with you, no worries. Whenever I rent cars like this, I always try to share the joy with people. Always pick up friends and let them drive. The two girls just so happened to be into cars, so I seized the opportunity. For the sake of being PG, let's just say at one point it got hard for me to focus on driving :D

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Dang dude. Wish I had the dough to spend on renting cars like that all the time. Instead I saved up and bought myself my own GT.

OP
OP

AvaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Dang dude. Wish I had the dough to spend on renting cars like that all the time. Instead I saved up and bought myself my own GT.
Yeah, after I rented the GT-H I started saving like $200/week so I can get mine in December :D

Sponsored

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If you travel alot, it's not uncommon to receive V8 sports cars as a rental when the agency is low on the mass rented classes. (economy, mid-size, full-size). I'll rent about 40 vehicles in a calendar year with Avis as a Preferred Plus customer. Whenever I make a reservation, they'll look up my rental history and see I've accepted sports car in the past so if conditions are right, they'll offer one to me at no additional charges. I've received a Mustang GT, Camaro SS, Challenger R/T, Charger R/T on multiple occasions this year.

I liked the Mustang GT I was rented earlier this year so much that I bought one. :thumbsup:

2ywbwo3.png

31622vr.png

5e74fc.png

JimP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Corvette Z06
I rented the GT in Houston for a couple of weeks and was disappointed as it had the traction control button disabled, so not a huge amount of fun to drive. I few months later I rented the Corvette and had a blast, quite literally. Thought I was in for it when I was doing doughnuts in the hotel carpark the morning I was due back at the airport and spotted the police car sat there watching me. Drove out with my heart in my mouth but got a big thumbs up from them :crackup:

Would love to try the GT500 or GT550 without traction control.

Got both for $10 p/d more than the Impala my company had booked. Worth every cent. Worth haggling as they always have too much stock on these vehicles.

Like @AlmostFamous, I bought the Z06 soon after.

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
Do you think Hertz and other rental companies have those cars de-tuned or have limiters set up?

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
I rented the GT in Houston for a couple of weeks and was disappointed as it had the traction control button disabled, so not a huge amount of fun to drive. I few months later I rented the Corvette and had a blast, quite literally. Thought I was in for it when I was doing doughnuts in the hotel carpark the morning I was due back at the airport and spotted the police car sat there watching me. Drove out with my heart in my mouth but got a big thumbs up from them :crackup:

Would love to try the GT500 or GT550 without traction control.

Got both for $10 p/d more than the Impala my company had booked. Worth every cent. Worth haggling as they always have too much stock on these vehicles.

Like @AlmostFamous, I bought the Z06 soon after.
Wouldn't the traction control make for safer driving? I'd think they would have it rigged so you could NOT turn the TC off?

JimP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Corvette Z06
Do you think Hertz and other rental companies have those cars de-tuned or have limiters set up?
I wondered about this myself. The Corvette drove like the one I now own so that was not restricted in any way but the GT500 could not really be tested properly. Great straight line speed though!

Wouldn't the traction control make for safer driving? I'd think they would have it rigged so you could NOT turn the TC off?
I meant it was turned on and the switch was disabled so you could not turn it off and have some fun. I did not rent a GT500 to drive safely ALL the time :)
Sponsored