Shelby GT-H Rental

AvaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Well first off, although I am a new member here, I've been creeping the forums for a few months now in preparation for when my time comes to get my GT in December. But anyway...

Ever since the new S550 came out, I've always wanted to drive a GT to its limits. I've test driven a few just to get a feel but you know how that is, you're limited. So when they announced the GT-H, I was pretty hyped.

I looked into renting one, and boy, was it a pain in the ***. I'm sure you guys know they're only available at certain Hertz locations, one being Fort Lauderdale airport. In order to rent one though, you have to have an arriving flight into FLL and a departure flight as well. I won't explain how I got around this publicly, but thankfully it didn't cost me any extra. I ended up paying $380 for the day because I opted for the $80 insurance (just in case).

So needless to say, my day was pretty great. The ride home from the airport was enjoyable, even had a few mustangs try to race me. I cruised around with a bunch of friends including my friends 800HP GT500 and another buddies new GT350. Even went on two dates ;) I know there was a handling package on it from Ford, not exactly sure what it consisted of, but the car felt pretty planted.

Long story short, this car made me realize that I would do whatever it took to have a GT by the end of the year. Here are some pictures I took from my adventures. Peep my friends Evo in background of the second picture ;)
pW9AZi0.jpg
11TZmGx.jpg
a0m5bih.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Unfortunately, IMGUR photos won't work on this, or many other forums. A shame, as I'd love to see that GT-H :)

OP
OP

AvaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Unfortunately, IMGUR photos won't work on this, or many other forums. A shame, as I'd love to see that GT-H :)
That's odd, they're showing up for me. I'll try uploading them again now.

Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Nice story and thanks for the pictures! Look forward to the pictures of your new GT in two months!

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
Ahh man THAT is cool - wish they had some in the Maryland area....

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I rented one of the Hertz - specific Corvettes in Houston several years back. It was only $10/day more than a Ford Explorer when I was booking so I said "what the hell"? As I recall they had the yellow/black paint job and maybe specific wheels but otherwise stock and auto only, of course. It rained the whole day I had it so no real chance to open it up.....not a GM guy but it was the coolest rental car I've ever had.

Sponsored

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Generally not a fan of aftermarket hoods & spoilers but those are pretty tasteful........grill inserts are nice too.........good looking car.

OP
OP

AvaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Generally not a fan of aftermarket hoods & spoilers but those are pretty tasteful........grill inserts are nice too.........good looking car.
I agree with you, imo the grill could've been better. The one thing that bothered me was the weight of the hood. That thing weighed a TON.

OP
OP

AvaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I rented one of the Hertz - specific Corvettes in Houston several years back. It was only $10/day more than a Ford Explorer when I was booking so I said "what the hell"? As I recall they had the yellow/black paint job and maybe specific wheels but otherwise stock and auto only, of course. It rained the whole day I had it so no real chance to open it up.....not a GM guy but it was the coolest rental car I've ever had.
I actually also rented a Z06 back for my 21st birthday. That was a little more pricey but boy what is it the best money I've spent.
image.jpeg
image.jpg

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What rental co in their right mind would have a Z06 in their fleet? Don't get me wrong, I'd rent it for the weekend in a heartbeat but the mere fact that someone would rent one out is mind blowing........very cool!

OP
OP

AvaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
What rental co in their right mind would have a Z06 in their fleet? Don't get me wrong, I'd rent it for the weekend in a heartbeat but the mere fact that someone would rent one out is mind blowing........very cool!
Funny story. My friend (at the time) owns a luxury car rental company. He told me he would hook me up for $400/day for two days. Done deal.

I drive to Miami on December 18th to pick it up, low and behold, he doesn't have the car there. I even verified in the morning to check if he had it in stock for me. Apparently some other guy showed up and rented it out for 2 weeks. So he tried to rent me a Bentley (smh).

So I called like every car rental place in Miami to try to find one. I reached out to a previous shop I rented some other cars from and they said they knew a guy, but it'd be pricey. So I drove about 10 minutes away and he had the exact same one I was going to rent. Needless to say, a huge grin was on my face and at that point I didn't really car how much it was. I had already wasted 3 hours of my 21st birthday driving around. So I met him, we went inside and talked things over. The previous C7's I've rented were 18+ with full coverage, but for this car, due to the power, you had to be 25+. He made an exception for me given the circumstances and I drove off the lot with my girlfriend at 3PM with the car for 24 hours (which later turned into 30). It ended up costing me $890 for the day, with unlimited miles. Plus the five times I filled up the gas tank, lmao.

When I returned it the next day (and I'll be honest I did beat on it quite a bit), he tried to tell me that I ruined the tires with burnouts and he could tell, which was bs because I didn't do a single one. They were Sport Cup's so he wanted $1200 for the tires when they were original tires with 8,000 miles on them. I pretty much told him to piss off. But yeah, I had a good time.

I forgot the name of the company tbh, but the place I've rented tons of corvettes from is called Prestige Luxury Rentals. They're amazing and anytime I have the urge to rent again, I always hit them up.
Sponsored