Shawn Foster whine mod Review

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Nice!

I like it! Looks great!

Does it goes through the firewall where the old sound tube used to be? I see it’s in the lid of the air box, is that the part of the parts from Foster?
It uses half of the stock tube. Some of the higher whine increase kits do not though and you have to drill the firewall. Yes those are part of the parts supplied, you can see the images of what all is in there on his site.
Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
This explains stage 1&2

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Thanks!

Guess I’ll need to find a “new” stock sound tube. When I removed mine originally that piece was thrown out...

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
hmmm, I'm using my sound tube as a pass through for all my wires...

Sponsored

HA8N3RO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Mustang GT
Kit looks and sounds great! Wonder if the stage 3 hooks up to the same inlet on the stock aribox? I know stage 4 says it goes to inlet pipe, but I much rather have it go to the stock airbox in the same location as your kit, I'm ok with drilling through the firewall, but don't want to drill into the inlet pipe.

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
I recently installed the stage 4 whine mod with my whipple. It is a night and day comparison to the DIY sound tube mod I had in there before. The stage 4 kit was a straight forward install and looks very clean. The best part is the intoxicating whine this kit produces. I read that some people experienced a whistle noise out of boost but I have not experienced that or perhaps my cat deletes drown it out. Shawn was super helpful and is even working with me to create a kit for my Focus ST to increase the turbo spool heard inside the car. If you are looking for more whine don’t hesitate to go with one of Shawn’s kits.
D0ECDC78-A15C-47D3-8890-ADA3D7946C50.jpeg

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
If you were having the part throttle shrieking sound issue (which, by the way, is eliminated by using a rubber glove or some sort of membrane cap) you would know it. You could be running open headers and you would still hear it.

That said, I still love this setup. I recently moved to the stage 2 whipple bits and the sound is slightly but noticeably different than the stage 1. Much more whooshy and suctiony, but in a good way.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Sponsored