Sponsored

Shawn Foster whine mod Review

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
So I’ve have the stage 3 kit on the car for about a month now and I couldn’t be happier.
Firstly, Shawn is a local New Englander to me and couldn’t have been more helpful. I call and he walked me thru my questions and concerns mainly around the suction now and baffling the tube. He was even responsive throughout the install process which was very straight forward.
Now to the sound, I have 2 layers of gloves on and love the noise it’s producing. The whine mesmerizing and I can’t help but get on it every chance I get.
Definitely recommend to anyone who was on the fence. You can really customize the sound to your liking by just baffling the tube.
Sponsored

JennyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
So I’ve have the stage 3 kit on the car for about a month now and I couldn’t be happier.
Firstly, Shawn is a local New Englander to me and couldn’t have been more helpful. I call and he walked me thru my questions and concerns mainly around the suction now and baffling the tube. He was even responsive throughout the install process which was very straight forward.
Now to the sound, I have 2 layers of gloves on and love the noise it’s producing. The whine mesmerizing and I can’t help but get on it every chance I get.
Definitely recommend to anyone who was on the fence. You can really customize the sound to your liking by just baffling the tube.
What you mean baffling the sound? Foam in the tube or more than one glove over the plastic thing in the car. I love the whine with my stage four. But the whistle not in boost sucks. I only have one glove over mine I was thinking of putting foam or another glove to calm the whistle at like 2-4K not in boost

OP
OP
Bbarfoot14

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! Been thinking of getting it for my Edelbrock, it's super quiet and I wouldn't mind hearing her whine
Yea man it’s great!!!

OP
OP
Bbarfoot14

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I know
What you mean baffling the sound? Foam in the tube or more than one glove over the plastic thing in the car. I love the whine with my stage four. But the whistle not in boost sucks. I only have one glove over mine I was thinking of putting foam or another glove to calm the whistle at like 2-4K not in boost
I know some people have used foam. I used 2 layers of thicker mechanics rubber gloves and it got ride of the whistle/unwanted noise. I’ve actually been considering removing 1layer as I love the whine so much. Keep experimenting with diff layers, materials and find the sweet spot. Also make sure that baffle is air tight and that will prevent the majority of the suction nosiest

Sponsored

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
I gotta get some heavy gloves and give it a round 2. I ended up plugging the tube because of the horrible screetching and sucking noise at low RPM's and when not in boost

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
At one point I used two roughly 1 inch foam cubes and found that the sound is actually more muffled by two layers of disposable glove material. Probably going to try going down one layer next.

JennyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I gotta get some heavy gloves and give it a round 2. I ended up plugging the tube because of the horrible screetching and sucking noise at low RPM's and when not in boost
Yeah hate that. I’m gonna try another glove or two to see if it helps. I can’t stand that suck whistle while cruising

JennyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
At one point I used two roughly 1 inch foam cubes and found that the sound is actually more muffled by two layers of disposable glove material. Probably going to try going down one layer next.
Thanks I’ll try that. It’s sad when your kid goes is your car broken. Why does it whistle and hurt my ears lol

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I just did this mod on my car with an Edelbrock kit that uses the stock airbox. I got the 50% one because I wasn't sure what any of the % would do when it was literally silent to begin with. Now it sounds great, almost like a stock terminator back in the day. I get a little hissing/whistle at low throttle but I can barely hear it, not even going to bother with a glove. Shawn was very helpful, I didn't need any install help since it was pretty straight forward but he texted me to let me know it was shipped and if I needed anything. I'm really enjoying this for the small price.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Referring to the OP video, I'm always amazed at how the Coyote revs like a Honda engine. Amazing. My old LS3 never zinged like that.

Stang1586

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I just did this mod on my car with an Edelbrock kit that uses the stock airbox. I got the 50% one because I wasn't sure what any of the % would do when it was literally silent to begin with. Now it sounds great, almost like a stock terminator back in the day. I get a little hissing/whistle at low throttle but I can barely hear it, not even going to bother with a glove. Shawn was very helpful, I didn't need any install help since it was pretty straight forward but he texted me to let me know it was shipped and if I needed anything. I'm really enjoying this for the small price.
Can you take a short sound clip of it? Very curious how it sounds with the Edelbrock.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Nice!

I like it! Looks great!

Does it goes through the firewall where the old sound tube used to be? I see it’s in the lid of the air box, is that the part of the parts from Foster?
Sponsored