Reaction score
First Name
Shiraz
Vehicle(s)
'16 ORANGE GT350 Track Pack and a '11 Subaru STI
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone

Thinking about upgrading my GT350 exhaust to this:
https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...thout-tips-gt350-gt350r-2015-2019/p/M5200MSS/

Anyone local know of recommendations for local shops? I know a dealer could do it, since it's a Ford Performance part... but I'm assuming they would charge an arm and a leg. My background has been imports, so I know all of those shops, but don't know of any Mustang shops lol... I tried to get under my car last weekend and my floor jack doesn't go low enough, ugh.

I live in San Francisco, the city itself, so traveling to north/south/east bay isn't an issue. Let me know any recs if you got em! Would love to hear your experience
Sponsored

SienarSystems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ZL1 1LE
Try West Coast Muffler in Concord. As long as you are doing a cat back you’ll be good. They would not do headers or anything that removes/replaces/alters the cats...

Reasonable prices, great service and quality. They did my x pipe and suspension work.

kommons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
To be honest, I don't imagine this would be a hard mod. I took my exhaust down pretty quickly at my friend's shop to install a CF shaft. I think you just need an honest shop and you should be ok.

geepaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350, '15 WRX STI Launch Ed, '03 SVT Cobra (RIP)
Do it yourself , I have done 3 cars ..all different makes, without issue. Reputable brands are fairly easy to install.

5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT A10 401a 2017 Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
Paramount Speed in Chico! me and my crew and other San jose locals make the 3hr plus drive and they are worth the drive! customer service is top notch and the work is clean!
tell Mike i sent ya.

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Is that system really that much of an upgrade for the money?

Last edited:

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
I did my resonator delete at Livermore Muffler Shop and referred a few others there too. He does great work and the prices are good too. It's all the way out here in Livermore but I personally wouldn't go anywhere else. Never heard a bad thing about them.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
The frpp is a waste of money. Just buy the atak and be done with it. Cost is around $200 less also.

I have the atak with shifteck resonator and I will trade you my exhaust for your stock one plus $1000. I will also do the install on your car.

Let me know if you are intersted. I be up north in San Jose 2 weeks.

OP
OP
shiraz

shiraz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shiraz
Vehicle(s)
'16 ORANGE GT350 Track Pack and a '11 Subaru STI
Vehicle Showcase
To be honest, I don't imagine this would be a hard mod. I took my exhaust down pretty quickly at my friend's shop to install a CF shaft. I think you just need an honest shop and you should be ok.
Do it yourself , I have done 3 cars ..all different makes, without issue. Reputable brands are fairly easy to install.
My jack doesn't get underneath the car. I've done several exhausts, all on imports myself. which are pretty easy but this is much larger. I don't have a lift which would make things a lot easier for me. I also don't have a lot of time like I used to back when I was bit younger. I'm fine with paying a reputable shop, rather then reinvest in new tools.

I did my resonator delete at Livermore Muffler Shop and referred a few others there too. He does great work and the prices are good too. It's all the way out here in Livermore but I personally wouldn't go anywhere else. Never heard a bad thing about them.
Oh nice I'll check them out. I'd rather just replace the entire exhaust rather than cut out the resonator. In case I ever need to go back and make it quieter again. It's already dicey db limit wise on tracks.

Is that system really that much of an upgrade for the money?
The frpp is a waste of money. Just buy the atak and be done with it. Cost is around $200 less also.

I have the atak with shifteck resonator and I will trade you my exhaust for your stock one plus $1000. I will also do the install on your car.

Let me know if you are intersted. I be up north in San Jose 2 weeks.
Two reasons I want this one, I don't really care that much about performance gains, would be nominal with any exhaust unless i remove the cats, which I don't want to do. I like this is considered a Ford factory part, so it's not a huge departure to tank value on the car in the long run, and also down with the warranty. Separately, the ATAK is f'n loud lol. Which is fun for sure, but there's no way you'd stay under sound limit even in normal mode, on tracks such as Sonoma and Laguna Seca which is where I normally go for track days. Appreciate your thoughts though, but was more curious as to shops people might have used in my area.

Thanks everyone, I'll visit and call around, will start with Livermore muffler and check it out. (I grew up in Livermore so I'll check it out next time we're out visiting family or friends)

Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Ataks are not much louder than stock/resonstor delete. They are more throaty sound.

If you watch the video from borla on YouTube you can see/hear they only rev the car to about 6k with stock system and with borla they go up to 8k.

I still prefer the sound of stock exhaust with shifteck resonator delete.

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
My jack doesn't get underneath the car. I've done several exhausts, all on imports myself. which are pretty easy but this is much larger. I don't have a lift which would make things a lot easier for me. I also don't have a lot of time like I used to back when I was bit younger. I'm fine with paying a reputable shop, rather then reinvest in new tools.

Oh nice I'll check them out. I'd rather just replace the entire exhaust rather than cut out the resonator. In case I ever need to go back and make it quieter again. It's already dicey db limit wise on tracks.

Two reasons I want this one, I don't really care that much about performance gains, would be nominal with any exhaust unless i remove the cats, which I don't want to do. I like this is considered a Ford factory part, so it's not a huge departure to tank value on the car in the long run, and also down with the warranty. Separately, the ATAK is f'n loud lol. Which is fun for sure, but there's no way you'd stay under sound limit even in normal mode, on tracks such as Sonoma and Laguna Seca which is where I normally go for track days. Appreciate your thoughts though, but was more curious as to shops people might have used in my area.

Thanks everyone, I'll visit and call around, will start with Livermore muffler and check it out. (I grew up in Livermore so I'll check it out next time we're out visiting family or friends)
If your floor jack doesn't fit under the car then why not use the OEM jack to get it high enough for your floor jack? That's what I do..

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Get a couple 2x6 boards and drive onto them with the front wheels. Instant "my floor jack won't fit" fix.
Sponsored