Sponsored

Sensor failings. You could have one too!

OP
OP
Blyman93

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
Theoretically I am going to call this hypothosis Bull shit and shall do the tests any way to see what is actual and what is embellished !

I do believe that there is way more going on with these theories about catastrophic failures that the interested parties are drawing on anything that may contribute to a failure as a feel good idea and are willing to exploit some findings although plausible and rational are more than likely incredable tails of folley .. checked mine and it ends with BA ...is this the reported better sensor ?

We all know what causes these failures and what to avoid ..
My old one was BA. New one has CA.
Sponsored

Ecoboobs

RAINF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP (Poverty Pack) 2.3T A/T
My car is a 2017 PP EcoBoost. As shown on the picture below, my sensor part # is BU5A-9F972-BA. Is this the old or the new version? According to this thread the BA in the new version and the CA the old one. But a guy on Adam's group on Facebook just told me that that the BA is the old and the CA the new version. So now I am confused :shrug:

I will do the test described by Adam just in case, but I think I will be proactive and order the part, just in case.
I can also confirm that my 2017 has the same -BA part number.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
According to [MENTION=13694]Juben[/MENTION] the part number on the sensor itself is an engineering part number and not the actual part number. Apparently you can’t tell by this number if the sensor is the new or the old one. We should look for the correct part number on the packaging.

However, we discussed this on FB and the best way to find out if the sensor works fine is to do the test suggested by Adam. If the readings on the Accessport indicate an issue, then I would simply order the part with the BU5Z-9F972-B on the packaging.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I just did the test suggested by Adam. Everything seems to be working fine. So no action to be taken by me at the moment!

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
For those of us who don't have a shop manual,

does anyone have a depressurization procedure for the high pressure fuel rail? I know that the HPFP is mechanically actuated, and the LPFP is most likely electronic...

Also, torque specs for the sensor would be appreciated.

Sponsored

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
This explains why ford dealerships have been rejecting warranty work!!! (end sarcasm)

In all honesty, this should be moved to the Maintenance forum and not the tune forum.

Last edited:

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
Has this fixed anyone's issues yet?

Virge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP Red Race
most of the ecoboom broke the third cylinder, how does a fuel sensor always break that cylinder?

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
most of the ecoboom broke the third cylinder, how does a fuel sensor always break that cylinder?
Basicly fuel starvation when in high boost ...

Theoretically the fuel pressure needed to be injected into a cylinder would not be at the equation simulated by the PCM because of false readings of the low fuel pressure sensor . It may be sending a more than adequate pulse and the PCM may increase or decrease an amount needed to sustain proper ignition for the given RPM 's ........

Or Something .......

Last edited:

CustomS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
Just a heads up, my original 2016 -BA sensor differs from the -CA sensor I received in physical design where the -CA has a pin-hole on the bottom of the head.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just a heads up, my original 2016 -BA sensor differs from the -CA sensor I received in physical design where the -CA has a pin-hole on the bottom of the head.
Any pics to show the differences or at least the design sheet?

OP
OP
Blyman93

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
Found this picture on a FB post. I can confirm that the left one's the new design that ends with -CA.
This is true. Mine had the pin hole as well. Didn't really think anything of it. Been working fine

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
On the redesign, what is the function of the visible β€œpinhole” in the sensor body?
Sponsored