Sponsored

Seat warmer working intermittently

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
Interesting. And it was leather?

What is the blower attached to on the back?
Yes leather,

It is PITA to get it up high enough, but the fix for the seatback not cooling was to install a duct on the fan/blower for the peltier device, a d run a hose from bottom. You had to get full access to the peltier/fan unit.

I don't know where the "module" is located, but if it is part of the peltier (cooler/heater) and the fan/blower assembly, the leather seat back CAN be lifted high enough to access it. I just remember it being really difficult. I think for the passenger side I was able to get most (2/3) of the leather up, exposing the unit, but for driver's side i just ended up reaching up after I got the seat back leather up 1/2 way.
Sponsored

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
ok NEW symptom. Today suddenly I hear no relay at all on the passenger side for either heating or cooling. Button works. Things light up. No click at all. As stated previously, it was clicking on, then clicking back off after about 15-20 sec then after that nothing unless I shut off the car and started it again.

Now no clicks at all on the passenger side. Driver's side works just fine still.

I'm suspecting the SCME module under the passenger seat now.

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
Fixed!

The new module finally showed up Sunday afternoon. I got it installed and the wife tested it on the way back from dinner Sunday evening. All good.

So lessons learned:

1. Codes getting thrown that can only be picked up by a live scan tool that lets you test the actual circuit is critical.
2. Those codes could mean a lot of different things so paying attention to the relays and their behavior after initial car start-up, etc.
3. Changing the module (if you haven't already) is a really good first step - esp. if you have that issue where the terminal gets toasted and you now have to worry about your wiring harness as well.

Lucky for me I didn't have to take the seat apart, etc.
Sponsored