Drivers side heated seat not heating ?

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Anyone else have this ? On my car the passenger seat works fine . Drivers side lights up , but I don't hear the relay/switch 'click' behind the button like on the passenger side . Or sometimes it clicks , then a few seconds later clicks off.

I know the dealer will fix it , but if its something easy , it will be worth it to fix myself.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ANGST

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Took it in today , they need to order a new seat heat element . I can't find the part number for it , I guess I will get it off the repair ticket when I pick it up .

He said the upholstery shop needs to install it , so i guess they need to remove the leather from the cushion .

I can't find anyone having this issue , so I suppose its quite rare.

OP
OP
ANGST

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
So apparently they ordered the wrong part. Now they are thinking its a loose wire. It actually throws a code .

They found nothing in the past 2 days , now they are checking the harness under the carpet .

Lethal5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black '17 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Started having this exact issue on my '17. I took it in and they told me it was not broken considering it did not throw a body code. Going to take it back in soon.

OP
OP
ANGST

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
They finally ordered the “blower” for my seat and fixed it. They had my car almost 2 weeks

Sponsored

LucaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Mine has the same problem, both heat and cool is not working. I didn't bother to get it checked but I'll probably ask next service.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
add me to the list, driver side heated seat is not heating. I dont hear the click like I do on the passenger side, and its not heating up. Guess its time to visit the dealer and test out my extended warranty.

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Just started getting this 2016 UK model, same symptoms as above, connectors sbd fuses all look fine but cabt find the issue

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Just started getting this 2016 UK model, same symptoms as above, connectors sbd fuses all look fine but cabt find the issue
I updated the other threads I was on for this issue, I took it into the dealer and they fixed it. They had the car for one day. Maybe replaced the under seat temp controller?

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
I updated the other threads I was on for this issue, I took it into the dealer and they fixed it. They had the car for one day. Maybe replaced the under seat temp controller?
The closest Ford dealers to me don't deal with Mustangs apparently but might still be worth the question, just wondering if its something that's not too expensive or I could replace myself as it's not under warranty.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Always check for codes first. My car is throwing a code about the TED, but the ventilation is still working; go figure. But the code returned right away after I erased it, so it's getting worse, and will probably stop working at any time. I was wondering if the fuse could be bad. The code is B14BA (Driver seat back thermal electric device: Circuit resistance below threshold). No idea if that also affects seat heating, or just the cooling.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
hopefully this helps you guys out, here is what the dealer did to fix mine. one pic is pretty much the parts and labor costs, the other one is troubleshooting.

heated seat.jpg

heated seat #2.jpg

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Cheers, I'll start with running a diagnostics on it to see if there's any codes that flag up. I tried the hear function earlier, the relay did click this time but the seat didn't get up to temp at all, hoping its something that's just bolted on underneath the seat like the motor/blower etc so I wouldn't need to strip the whole leather cover off.

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost