maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Hey all,

So i got my car back from Ford after 9 days of them fitting a replacement evaporator core. Now I seem to have a huge dint / sag in my drivers seat. I cant be certain ford have done this, they did remove the seats and unless they put something on it I dont get how this could have happened. Car has 9k miles on it and I'm sure I would have noticed this beforem Question is is there a way to rectify this or is it a case if paying for a much better retrim ? I think the reason they kept my car so long is they broke my ford performance gear knob but cant very sure. I dont really want to get into a fight with the dealership but I guess I will have to mention it if it's an expensive fix.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Leave it a few days to see if it comes out - I assume you are meaning the seat leather has stretched will go back to shape given time.

Pics?

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Thanks guys, I will take a look this am. I will research the hair dryer trick as well as my passenger seat always had a bit of streched leather since I bought it

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Ok had the car now four 4 days and not improved....
20191112_130814_001.jpg

Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

That's probably from a long period of someone putting all their weight on one knee while working on the interior. I'd ask for a new cover if it doesn't right itself soon.

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
That's probably from a long period of someone putting all their weight on one knee while working on the interior. I'd ask for a new cover if it doesn't right itself soon.
certainly looks like its what CBDALLAS said - a knee or a heavy object - either way they need to fix it - not your fault!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I imagine it will resolve after a bit of normal use. Leather is a natural substance and will stretch and come back to shape, although with use it eventually does do that anyway. The current cold weather isn't helping it to recover. Sitting in it normally will help re-stretch it in the normal directions
Sponsored