New seat foam - Heated seat barely warm now :(

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Thought I would start a thread here - Ford broke my seat when replacing the evap core. The seat now looks great. They told me they are replacing the foam. However, I drove for 20 miles seat on the hottest setting and it barely feels warm. The passenger side feels hot. Is there a difference in the foam between a car with heated seats to one which doesnt have it? I can't think of anything else they could have done to upset this.
Sponsored

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Thought I would start a thread here - Ford broke my seat when replacing the evap core. The seat now looks great. They told me they are replacing the foam. However, I drove for 20 miles seat on the hottest setting and it barely feels warm. The passenger side feels hot. Is there a difference in the foam between a car with heated seats to one which doesnt have it? I can't think of anything else they could have done to upset this.
they may have put the wrong foam in there should be a hole for the heat to pass through, i'd get your Stanley knife out...

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
My Mustang seats (or at least the driver's side) get nowhere near as hot as the ones in my Mondeo. Always assumed it was a leather v fabric thing...

LMLP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertable
My Mustang seats (or at least the driver's side) get nowhere near as hot as the ones in my Mondeo. Always assumed it was a leather v fabric thing...
The heated seats in my Jeep were (p)leather and got much warmer than the seats in the Mustang so I don't think it's a leather vs fabric thing, I think it's just something else Ford do to add to the "character" of the Mustang... :giggle:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
The heated seats in my Jeep were (p)leather and got much warmer than the seats in the Mustang so I don't think it's a leather vs fabric thing, I think it's just something else Ford do to add to the "character" of the Mustang... :giggle:
You're probably right :cwl: