Sponsored

Search for quietest exhaust

aarontl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium pp
Cant beat $50 exhaust. Of course I know the exhaust shop owner, that helps. They do good work. I had them leave the stock fitting so if I get a downpipe it will bolt right in

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
Sponsored

MATT1971

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PREM PP
Has anyone installed or heard the Borla Touring Exhaust? It has a resonator like the stock set up but is advertised as flowing more freely than stock, weighing less and being just a bit louder than stock, primarily upon hard acceleration and WOT runs. This is the exhaust I am leaning towards, with a CAI, FMIC and tune.

rgingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T/Auto/50-yr/FRT
Has anyone installed or heard the Borla Touring Exhaust? It has a resonator like the stock set up but is advertised as flowing more freely than stock, weighing less and being just a bit louder than stock, primarily upon hard acceleration and WOT runs. This is the exhaust I am leaning towards, with a CAI, FMIC and tune.
Your mod plans are pretty mainstream. I guess if you are reading this thread you also know there are other more cost-effective options such as the OP's, the resonator-deletes (Y-pipe) with a pair of freer flowing mufflers, etc. IMHO most of the more popular exhaust mods, cat/axle-back kits (within extremes of course) seem to sound similar on the street....that is, better than stock, but not much difference in power. A CAI or a drop-in K&N filter also helps a little; however, as you know, the real difference comes with the tune, and that's another topic altogether. :cheers:

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Links to video below as promised [emoji2]

Thankfully it doesn't sound bad. Since u didn't pay for much of it I'd say u made out good. Not sure it'd be worthwhile if someone had to pay a lot. Still kinda quiet IMO.

aarontl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium pp
Yes. If you can get it for nothing like i did or very cheap it's worth it. It's my finance's daily driver so we didnt want anything obnoxious.

Sponsored

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Go to my channel on YouTube and see how you like my vibrant exhaust. ITs really quiet while driving. Channel is LS1COUPE

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
For 50 bucks that sounds good

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Amazingly, the most convincing one so far has been the gt exhaust. Whats the diameter of the piping of the gt??

aarontl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium pp
Amazingly, the most convincing one so far has been the gt exhaust. Whats the diameter of the piping of the gt??
Lol. You would ask me. I didn't measure it. I remember noticing it seemed larger. I can try to measure it sometime.

Sponsored

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
if someone made a damn cutout already we would be set..... Closed sounds stock, open sounds like a turbo'd monster. Best of both worlds depending on the day. But since no one has made it for now im going custom exhaust from the stock resonator. Going 3'' hooker maxflows.
It seems like cutout kits would be pretty universal. I've seen a few for around $100. Is there anything to prevent us from using one of those? I haven't looked to closely at the stock exhaust, is there room after the downpipe, before the resonator? I really like this idea because a.) like you said, it's the best of both worlds, and b.) It doesn't cost $1,000.

Never mind, I just watched a downpipe install video and it doesn't look like there is enough room before the resonator. I guess I'll wait to see what Lethal offers with their cutout downpipe.

Last edited:

eabcobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Go to my channel on YouTube and see how you like my vibrant exhaust. ITs really quiet while driving. Channel is LS1COUPE
By far the best custom exhaust I have heard on these. Sounds a lot like the Ford Racing kit I had on Focus ST. Do you have any pictures or info on parts you used? Thanks

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
By far the best custom exhaust I have heard on these. Sounds a lot like the Ford Racing kit I had on Focus ST. Do you have any pictures or info on parts you used? Thanks
Used 2 of these mufflers:
http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1022_1031_1110&products_id=31
Used this resonator:
http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1022_1033_1054&products_id=288

Some pictures:
Vibrant exhaust by larry Chance, on Flickr

Vibrant exhaust by larry Chance, on Flickr
Sponsored