SCT X4 Tuner with Steeda Tune

AllanD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Recently installed Steeda tune on '21 Mach 1 with 10R80 auto. Here's my experience....
Would I do it again....short answer is yes. Steeda claimed stock M1 dyno #'s at 409hp and 374tq. I cant remember if youtube video was auto or manual. Anyway, after SCT tune, Steeda claimed #'s jumped to 422hp and 379tq. Not night and day but decent #'s considering $649 for tuner with "custom tune".
Once I found the right "how to" videos, downloading software and installing custom tune to device was seamless. Same can be said for loading tune to car, SCT tuning device is user friendly and install was straightforward.
Seems 90% of my time behind the wheel is spent in Sport with My Mode. Car definitely pulls a little harder, shifts feel a little more aggressive. Rear tires actually barked shifting in lower gears with aggressive throttle from standstill, that never happened before tune (running 325/30 Toyo Proxes 888's in rear).
Only mod I have is Steeda's Xpipe and high flow filter. The car still "hunts" for proper gear at very low speeds when coming to redlight, minor inconvenience.
Not going forced injection but may do headers in future. Steeda says custom tune for future mods is $250.
Sponsored

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Recently installed Steeda tune on '21 Mach 1 with 10R80 auto. Here's my experience....
Would I do it again....short answer is yes. Steeda claimed stock M1 dyno #'s at 409hp and 374tq. I cant remember if youtube video was auto or manual. Anyway, after SCT tune, Steeda claimed #'s jumped to 422hp and 379tq. Not night and day but decent #'s considering $649 for tuner with "custom tune".
Once I found the right "how to" videos, downloading software and installing custom tune to device was seamless. Same can be said for loading tune to car, SCT tuning device is user friendly and install was straightforward.
Seems 90% of my time behind the wheel is spent in Sport with My Mode. Car definitely pulls a little harder, shifts feel a little more aggressive. Rear tires actually barked shifting in lower gears with aggressive throttle from standstill, that never happened before tune (running 325/30 Toyo Proxes 888's in rear).
Only mod I have is Steeda's Xpipe and high flow filter. The car still "hunts" for proper gear at very low speeds when coming to redlight, minor inconvenience.
Not going forced injection but may do headers in future. Steeda says custom tune for future mods is $250.
I have it too and I believe Steeda gives you 90 days to fine tune it for free and then after the 90 days then you would pay.

GrayMater22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium
I have a steeda SCT and tune I bought with their 114mm cai intake and it drives much better in every way, my only other motor mod is an x-pipe as well, it really smoothed out the 10r80. The only other tune I would consider is Wengard.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I have the X4/Steeda tune on my no mods M1 and have the same positive experience. The difference was immediately noticeable and even assertive (more than the M1 already is) for spirited driving.

Snellemin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt, '14 Expedition, Merc C300, Scion xb,
Just throwing this out there as an option. I have the Steeda tune for my Bullitt, which is the same engine setup as the Mach1 and it was a bit peppier on 93. However the E85 Steeda tune is where it is at. The lowend torque is up and no need for long tube headers.

Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
E85 all the way. I was thinking this morning part of the reason I can drop into 3rd at 25mph and the car doesn’t lug is because of the added torque.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I bought it when they released it. From my review in the Steeda thread. This is my opinion when I put the tune in, I did not use track.

"I used normal and sport+. Both shift faster and seem to stay in each gear longer. Normal is fine for the street but sport + seems like it should be for the drag strip/track now because it is wanting to make you go faster even more than stock. The shifts are smoother and I felt a lot less lag if any between shifts. Overall it seems like it is faster and the tune def helped the shift lag it had with stock."

"The trans seems to take its time going through the gears. I was cruising and it was in 8th gear for awhile. The shifts in Sport+ are super agressive, they are def wanting to shift and go which Is why I was saying Sport + is for the drag strip/track now. Maybe Steeda can fine tune it for someone but the tune you get it is ready to go and play but not on the street."

"I believe I was at 50-55 in 8th gear cruising. The sport + was a shock on how more aggressive it became. "

Last edited:

Snellemin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt, '14 Expedition, Merc C300, Scion xb,
Anybody in thread have a manual transmission? I've been tempted to do this as well.
My Bullitt is a manual. I can only imagine how much more fun the Tremec in track mode and on E85 can be.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody in thread have a manual transmission? I've been tempted to do this as well.
I liked the Livernois tune that @Mikepol2 has even though it was a very brief experience. I have a pile of SCT/BDX tuners (4) so if I want to use them I'll probably be talking to Steeda this summer. If you have an A10 the person to get a tune from is Wengerd per @ChitownStang . But he doesn't use the SCT family.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I liked the Livernois tune that @Mikepol2 has even though it was a very brief experience. I have a pile of SCT/BDX tuners (4) so if I want to use them I'll probably be talking to Steeda this summer. If you have an A10 the person to get a tune from is Wengerd per @ChitownStang . But he doesn't use the SCT family.
No complaints with the manual Livernois flex tune. Hard to imagine another tuner could have done something that felt markedly different.
Sponsored