Sponsored

SCT Tuner...

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] I have now received the sct and the model number is 7015-INT. as in international.
Is it worth a go do you think or is there no chance it will load the Lund tune ?
Can't see it working, but try it, because it won't load nothing to it if it does not work.

Plus by law if you purchased online you can return it within 14 days for a refund less any restocking fee if they charge as such.
Sponsored

KevD

0-60 Instructor Team DS.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bob
Vehicle(s)
balls
haha :lol:

Gibbo, chill. The point was everything you say, Manders passes it on as his own. :lol: via cut & paste :lol:
You have tested at length loads of mods. I even bought one the other day:thumbsup:. Your views on the mods you've tested in the cars you've tested em on are valid - obviously.

Always credit the author, Magnets. :paddle:

You need more time in the V8. A booster seat can be fitted. A few years and you'll be there:thumbsup:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
haha :lol:

Gibbo, chill. The point was everything you say, Manders passes it on as his own. :lol: via cut & paste :lol:
You have tested at length loads of mods. I even bought one the other day:thumbsup:. Your views on the mods you've tested in the cars you've tested em on are valid - obviously.

Always credit the author, Magnets. :paddle:

You need more time in the V8. A booster seat can be fitted. A few years and you'll be there:thumbsup:
Not necessarily true as i've ran a V8, Wortec and Lund tuned V8 for more than "a little drive" and a 'stock' one (which was gibbos pre tune).

I can pass my own judgement on them. As i said i wasn't going to get into it because all that seems to occur when you critique someones mod is they cry like they're five.

I'm stating facts. Not just based on what others have said/done, but on what i've experienced. I'm also basing them on the fact i spoke to DS extensively about an ecoboost tune. Including at their open day in Wolverhampton.

Have i used gibbo for some of my information yes. On this, case, other than driving his stock v8. No.

Points i got from it:
1) ford wont warranty the the car (This was at an EH dealership), They'd protect warranty on tune + jlt
2) They don't custom tune, so anyone chopping and changing other engine bits, it becomes useless, because the car isn't actually tuned to know as such
They'll only tune based on SCT s1/2/3 tunes.
3) http://bfy.tw/DCdV It's not a DS tune, never has been never will be
4) Swap anything outside of what DS give you, tune becomes useless
5) see points from gibbo regarding fueling.
6) You can get more power for your money elsewhere.

Now, am i saying the tune is crap? No. I'm actually stating the company are, they're somewhat a petulance in the community because they continually pass things off as their own. there's numerous FB posts where they claim the Velossatech ram air intake is "Their product" and "they designed it" they didn't.
They price a tune, and missell it as something it isn't.

see: http://bfy.tw/DCdV

I'll challenge either of you lot to dyno your cars, with and without the tune, has it changed output, yes. Would it have changed more had you got a far superior tune from a tuner that will tune to the specifications of your car. yes.

The 'Canned tunes' all handheld devices have them, (Cobb/SCT etc) are just a tune that fits all that have that specification. However what they don't account for is changing air pressures, densities, the effect that has on knock, spark plug gaps, altitude, charge temps yada yada yada, the list is endless, but there's numerous GEOGRAPHICAL implications on a tune, which allow for certain cars in certain climates to get different figures.

As i stated above, it will have changed your car. But you could have got more for your money.

EDIT: if you have written confirmation from eh they'll still warranty your entire vehicle, including any potential engine issues, then fine, it's probably worthwhile for that alone and about 10 horsies. Your money, your call.

To previous point made, my car isn't stock. :crazy:. And yes it's also tuned :headbonk:. and i've probably pushed about 1-1.5k miles driving a v8. Probably not as much as most people here, but enough to make a fair judgement (Granted it was over numerous variations of tunes, setups, etc) I don't need a boosterseat to drive one, just a fat wallet that seems to have an endless pit of thousands of pounds every year. Please don't talk to me about things you have no facts to backup on.

To lighten the mood for all you moody scottish haggis munchers who seemingly had their breakfast shat in, here's a funny picture.
hqdefault.jpg

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Can't see it working, but try it, because it won't load nothing to it if it does not work.

Plus by law if you purchased online you can return it within 14 days for a refund less any restocking fee if they charge as such.
On topic for anyone in a similar predicament. I have had it confirmed by Shaun at AED, sct x4 model number 7015-INT cannot be tuned by most US tuners who don't have the international license. Therefore be especially careful about the exact model number of your sct device.
Hats off to Guy at nemesis who checked his model number before selling me a US spec device (for reference it's just 7015. No -INT on the end)

The dreamscience one goes back tomorrow unopened. Note the model number was not specified on their website. Always best to check first.

Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS

Mustang1878

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 Black Fastback C/P
Its race red kevD, there 5.8 flat in the eco mithingy

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Ive no comment on the DS products or tunes. But what I will say (from having visited them a few times for work) is that they are thoroughly nice chaps in real life with a proper passion for all things 'Fast Ford'.

They fitted my Velossa for me, and TBH I cant ever remember them calling it anything other than a Velossa product.

Im going back next week to have an hour on their dyno, so will get to see what my LUND tune is really doing.

PS.

You will be able to use a DS tune in combo with a PMAS no-tune CAI. Good for another +10-15bhp over the DS tune file, and completely invisible to the ECU.

Sponsored

KevD

0-60 Instructor Team DS.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bob
Vehicle(s)
balls
Ive no comment on the DS products or tunes. But what I will say (from having visited them a few times for work) is that they are thoroughly nice chaps in real life with a proper passion for all things 'Fast Ford'.

They fitted my Velossa for me, and TBH I cant ever remember them calling it anything other than a Velossa product.

Im going back next week to have an hour on their dyno, so will get to see what my LUND tune is really doing.

PS.

You will be able to use a DS tune in combo with a PMAS no-tune CAI. Good for another +10-15bhp over the DS tune file, and completely invisible to the ECU.
I felt the same when i spoke with them in person too m8.
Good guys.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
My recipe is:
USA spec sctx4 model number 7015(Ford) from nemesis.
Uk spec mustang gt
AED custom tune

All works fine together.
The result is certainly more go and very noticeable in second gear!
Looking forward to doing the data logs with my aed base tune so it can be perfected even more.

KevD

0-60 Instructor Team DS.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bob
Vehicle(s)
balls
My recipe is:
USA spec sctx4 model number 7015(Ford) from nemesis.
Uk spec mustang gt
AED custom tune

All works fine together.
The result is certainly more go and very noticeable in second gear!
Looking forward to doing the data logs with my aed base tune so it can be perfected even more.
Sounds badass m8.
Get yer 0-60 times up in the thread:headbang:
Sponsored