Screach coming from rear end

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Ever since my last track day, I have had a screach coming from the rear. My first though was brake pads, but they still have plenty of meat on them.

The sound only occurs on acceleration around the 3.5-4K RPM range. Any initial thoughts before I start digging around more?
Sponsored

Last edited:

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Ever since my last track day, I have had a squeak coming from the rear. My first though was brake pads, but they still have plenty of meat on them.

The sound only occurs on acceleration around the 3.5-4K RPM range. Any initial thoughts before I start digging around more?
How are the rotors looking ?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Ever since my last track day, I have had a squeak coming from the rear. My first though was brake pads, but they still have plenty of meat on them.

Aside from checking bolt torque values, verifying that nothing is rubbing, etc, have you looked at the CV joints/boots in the rear?

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Aside from checking bolt torque values, verifying that nothing is rubbing, etc, have you looked at the CV joints/boots in the rear?
I'll jack her up and have a look and see. I was looking for the obvious before I jacked her up.

Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
jacked up the right side where I believe the sound may be coming from. Nada. Both brake pads were like new, the rotor like new, the cv boots were fine, everything looked to be in order. I'll have to drive it around tomorrow and try to isolate the location (if it can be done)

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Ever since my last track day, I have had a screach coming from the rear. My first though was brake pads, but they still have plenty of meat on them.

Hello Tomster,

Have you brought it in to your Ford Dealer to get it looked at yet? If not, you should make an appointment as soon as possible. Also, please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I’ll loop in the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Hello Tomster,

Have you brought it in to your Ford Dealer to get it looked at yet? If not, you should make an appointment as soon as possible. Also, please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I’ll loop in the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
Thanks Deysha.

I'll probably bring it by my friends garage to get an idea where it is coming from before dropping it at the dealership. This guy works on million dollar cars and I respect his opinion. Once I get a good idea what it might be, I will reach out to my dealership for warranty repair. It could be something simple, but I would rather not drop my car off until I have a better idea of what the issue may be.

Thank you for reaching out to me.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks Deysha.

I'll probably bring it by my friends garage to get an idea where it is coming from before dropping it at the dealership. This guy works on million dollar cars and I respect his opinion. Once I get a good idea what it might be, I will reach out to my dealership for warranty repair. It could be something simple, but I would rather not drop my car off until I have a better idea of what the issue may be.

Thank you for reaching out to me.
I understand, Tomster. You’re very welcome!

Deysha

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
[MENTION=21800]Tomster[/MENTION], could it be a pebble stuck in the rotor shield or in the caliper itself? It was very common on the M3 and M4 to get pebbles stuck in between the shield and the rotor. I know they are very different cars, but what you are describing sounds exactly like that issue.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I'm definitely going to look more into it. I'm flying a 4 day trip and will be home new years eve. I hope it's something that simple.

What is strange is all is norm until I hit about 4k RPM under load

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Thanks. I'm definitely going to look more into it. I'm flying a 4 day trip and will be home new years eve. I hope it's something that simple.

What is strange is all is norm until I hit about 4k RPM under load
Me to, good luck and have a good trip.

petstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT350 TP Magnetic w OTT Black Stripes
Hello, I took the GT350 for a ride this week and noticed an enoying squeaky noice in the right back side of the car - suspension ? I have no idea what this could be but will ask the dealer to look at it when I go for the recall repair.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I ate a rock between my cf wheel and caliper. To give you an idea of how strong the wheels are - the caliper got a nice gouge on the outer area and the wheel had minimal galling
Sponsored