Sponsored

Scratch this post, I found it!

rubyredhades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP w/ MT-82
I don't mean custom as in you ordered your own color, but machined by a buddy. I can't seem to find any dimensions for the center cutout to fit the reverse lockout collar on MT-82s, diameter and depth, nor anything about how much thread engagement is needed for the M12 x 1.25 threads--if that's even the right size. My best guess is 3-4x the major diameter of thread length is on the shifter assembly just based on using graph paper and an online image. How far up the knob does the shaft thread? Does the threaded hole terminate halfway into a 2" shift ball? 5/8" up from center? So many questions, let alone about the pocket for the collar!

If anyone has found any resources (I've searched here but I'm new to efficient forum searching, bear with me) such as dimensioned drawings or has any personal measurements relating to the interior of MT-82 shift knobs, please let me know. I suppose if nothing turns up, it's off to get a set of calipers & a depth mic. Couple-year lurker here, made my account just to ask this but looking forward to the community. Thanks friends!
Sponsored