OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
There you go again - Never use an ice bath for fever. This is absolutely contraindicated as it reduces skin temperature but not core temperature and can increase core temperature as a result of shivering. Never mind the risk of vascular shock and heart problems

At what point are you going to stop pedalling your medical guff and realise you DO NOT know what you are talking about!
I don’t know what I’m talking about either, which is precisely why I listen to the experts….and they say GET VACCINATED, regardless of whether you’ve had Covid or not, unless you have a specific medical condition…
or something like that.

Not that hard to understand really.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I don’t know what I’m talking about either, which is precisely why I listen to the experts….and they say GET VACCINATED, regardless of whether you’ve had Covid or not, unless you have a specific medical condition…
or something like that.

Not that hard to understand really.
The difference is you know you don't know what you are talking about (as is the case for most people outside the sphere of their expertise). The dangerous ones are the ones who think they do know what they are talking about - the saying 'a little knowledge is a dangerous thing'!

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Did you watch your video? A whole lotta stuff on normal vaccines and a bunch of CYA on how it might possibly be, pretty sure but we need to stay humble and watch people to see if there are any long term side effects.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello; I was young when that happened. It was an awful thing. That is one of the things I have thought of when the discussion turns to potential long term side effects.
Fear mongering.

Shows a lack of some basic understanding too. The two are not analogous.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Not clear how you associate all this in your post with what I wrote. Pretty sure the mRNA shots are the only emergency use medication I have ever used.
For what it is worth I do read the papers included with any medications I take. I was prescribed oxy after my knee surgery in 2002. A bottle full of the pills. I took only two. One the first morning after and another after the second morning as first thing in the morning those first two days after were the worse pain. I lived with the pain from then on because I paid attention to how addictive the stuff is.
Do drug companies put profit above safety sometimes?

As far as HCQ goes, it has been around for over five decades. Well understood in terms of side effects. Some medical professional still say it helps if used early enough in an infection. Not a cure by any means and never was. Just a possible aid to help the body deal with the infection. You know like an ice bath for a high fever. But whatever the truth may have been was trampled and not to be had.

You do not know where I get my information or which news I watch, by the way.

I must have hit a nerve in my last post to get such a disjointed response that does not address my points
vaccines are not medication. Another basic flaw in your understanding. That is what is so frustrating on this thread. People making substantive mistakes in reasoning based on incorrect base premises.

Back to supporting HCQ? Wow...

Hobohunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2007 Audi S4, 2016 Mustang GT/CS (sold)
Zero you say?
So the trials that commenced in March of last year don’t count? By my count that’s 18 months of data. Hardly “zero”.

Why choose to use ”zero” when “limited” or “only 18 months“ would‘ve been more accurate?

Your choice of words tells us a lot more than you might think.
I think zero long term data is a pretty reasonable description of what we have with this vaccine, though. There's no way to have long term data on something that hasn't been around for a long term, so zero long term data is appropriate.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; The testing was not as stringent with Thalidomide back then I guess. I am not sure if that tragedy was the only thing to spur new requirements for safety. Ways to think about how that bad outcome is relevant might include these.

One that might apply is the lack of long term testing of Thalidomide compared to current normal standards. One of the things about the new mRNA shots has been how quickly it went from a lab into arms. I keep hearing of how a very large number of tests subjects was used. Testing on a lot of people is good as far as it goes, but does not tell anything about long term.

Another might be how confident the doctors and drug makers were in their new Thalidomide compound's safety. Safe enough for pregnant women. I have heard a multitude of times how safe this new mRNA vaccine is. Such stated with all the confidence possible. Perhaps they feel secure because of the liability protections attached?

Interesting how what was considered the safe and prudent way to come up with a new medication has been turned upside down since December of 2019. Not just in the way it has been applied to many millions in such a short time, but in other ways.

A new experimental medicine (vaccine) is not only being used in record time, it is being mandated. A new medication still not having liability attached is being forced onto the public. Not for a terrible disease such as Ebola with a super high death rate, but for a disease over 98% survive.
It made some sense to use the shots on the old, obese, and others with a big risk. When I took the shots the information was at around a 5% death rate for my age group. At that time the overall death rate was around 1.6% for every one even with the old like me were factored in. Best I can recall the rate for those under 50 was a fraction of one percent.

I do not want the shots to turn out bad. I find the push by so many to have everyone get the experimental vaccine to be irrational. I rail against the use of coercion equal to force in the tactics being used by authorities and supported by so many. Seeing them get their come-uppins would be a pyric sort of thing if the outcome proves to be tragic.
Fear mongering and hysterics.

Quit calling it experimental. That is flat wrong and again, you base premise is wrong.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think zero long term data is a pretty reasonable description of what we have with this vaccine, though. There's no way to have long term data on something that hasn't been around for a long term, so zero long term data is appropriate.
'Cept that is wrong. mRNA technology has been around decades. The vaccine has been studied like no other in history. BILLIONS of doses have been given out worldwide.

Vaccines (especially simple mRNA types) just don't cause long term side effects like you are afraid of. Describe the possible mechanism of this. You can't.

If there were to be a problem iwht the vaccine, we would already know it.

This vaccine is one of the safest ever produced. No corners were cut in testing or certification.

Stop with the bullshit.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you watch your video? A whole lotta stuff on normal vaccines and a bunch of CYA on how it might possibly be, pretty sure but we need to stay humble and watch people to see if there are any long term side effects.
Wow, you really are a hard ass. The expert just told you that no vaccine has ever had serious hidden long term side effects. You can't even explain a possible way that this could happen with mRNA vaccines (or any vaccine). It...just...doesn't...happen.

Fear mongering and making shit up.

Hobohunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
vaccines are not medication. Another basic flaw in your understanding. That is what is so frustrating on this thread. People making substantive mistakes in reasoning based on incorrect base premises.

Back to supporting HCQ? Wow...
A vaccine is a type of medication, though. Vaccines are considered a type of drug, and drugs are a type of medication.

Hobohunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
'Cept that is wrong. mRNA technology has been around decades. The vaccine has been studied like no other in history. BILLIONS of doses have been given out worldwide.

Vaccines (especially simple mRNA types) just don't cause long term side effects like you are afraid of. Describe the possible mechanism of this. You can't.

If there were to be a problem iwht the vaccine, we would already know it.

This vaccine is one of the safest ever produced. No corners were cut in testing or certification.

Stop with the bullshit.
This vaccine hasn't. Just because the technology has, doesn't mean this vaccine has had long term studies. I'm pretty confident we do studies on every new vaccine regardless of how long the technology has been around.

I'm not afraid of long term side affects from this vaccine, or I wouldn't have gotten it. But that doesn't mean I don't recognize that the possibility exists.
Sponsored