OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wow 9314 replies that's user engagement!
User engagement you sayā€¦
Hereā€˜s one that might trigger further engagement.

This is what happens when the beachfront house/global warming claims are actually fact checked and a little science injected into the conversation.

Of course, Tony Watts of WUWT gets a mention for his typical BS claims that donā€™t stand up to scrutiny.
The ā€œskepticsā€ no doubt already checked his claims for accuracy. (Iā€™m joking, of course they didnā€™t).

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Don't think so - Anybody left who hasn't been exposed must be a hermit. It may slow the decline but considering how minor the restrictions were in the UK anyway, I don't think it will make much difference.
So were all rules and restrictions dropped because the Omicron surge in the UK has subsided to the point of near non-existence?

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
So were all rules and restrictions dropped because the Omicron surge in the UK has subsided to the point of near non-existence?
Nope. over 108,000 new infections yesterday in the UK.

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
No but falling fast. Considering the lag effect of case reporting, as in it takes about 8 or 9 days from initial infection to positive test (4 or 5 days to get symptoms / positive lateral flow then another 3 days or so to get the PCR test done and results reported to ONS) it is reasonable to suggest that cases are very much lower now. No doubt some political pressure to do something positive by Boris as well but I think the data does back it up.

It is also interesting to see the effects of 'lockdown' measures as well. UK data shows that currently people are contacting about the same number of people per day as they did in full lockdown, as in the general public are being very cautious anyway.

1642678351183.png

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
UK will be interesting to watch. The car numbers are meaningless since demand has outstripped capacity by 40X.

They should follow the wise Canadians who are just going to stop testing.....an easy solution haha.
No idea what the bit in bold means ? What car numbers ?

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Think I posted a while back on here that I was in the ER for fever and basically feeling like death. Didn't like that the doctor said "You look like you have Covid". Test came back negative. Fever broke while waiting for a room, once in the room got fluids and was discharged. Got home and fought another couple rounds of fever over the next few days. Sucked really bad and thought I could die and a stupid hospital couldn't/wouldn't help me. Of course I was probably far from death and I do respect the medical field, that was just my mindset when feeling the worst I've ever felt. Fast forward to yesterday when my boss who was out for Covid told me his story. To the T he was telling me exactly how I felt months ago with a negative test result. Now he took 2 home tests that came back negative and then one at the ER and was positive. Now in my stupid non doctoring brain, either he got a false positive or I got a false negative or there's a multitude of scientific and logical reasons why we got differing results. At any rate, my boss is vaxxed, boosted, and still got a not so pleasant bout with Covid or something similar and is now crazy harping on wearing masks and decontaminating the work place. While pro vax and anti mask myself, I do appreciate the extra decon in all we do at work finally. Pretty much stuff I wished for pre-Covid even. Just wanted to share.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
GT Pony said:
Watch the case data spike.
Don't think so - Anybody left who hasn't been exposed must be a hermit. It may slow the decline but considering how minor the restrictions were in the UK anyway, I don't think it will make much difference.
so far all good here, LFT all negative and yeah been a hermit myself with only three nights out in last er far too long tbh.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
They should follow the wise Canadians who are just going to stop testing.....an easy solution haha.
Yeah we just can't get the amount of tests needed and it seems that analyzing waste water at the treatment plants is giving some information about the number of infections. And of course the rate of hospitalizations and ICU admissions is being followed closely as the main concern is a possible overwhelming of hospitals. But essentially no testing in schools which is of concern to me.

My province is in a limited lockdown currently with some restrictions expected to be lifted in an announcement today. Not sure what to expect yet.

I have to say as a potential world ending pandemic this one sucks. I wanted the Zombie Apocalypse so I could run outside and bash in brains....

"oh there goes Fred that neighbour I don't like" Runs out to take care of him.
Gf asks "was Fred a zombie?"
Me "no I don't think he was...... " :)

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Think I posted a while back on here that I was in the ER for fever and basically feeling like death. Didn't like that the doctor said "You look like you have Covid". Test came back negative. Fever broke while waiting for a room, once in the room got fluids and was discharged. Got home and fought another couple rounds of fever over the next few days. Sucked really bad and thought I could die and a stupid hospital couldn't/wouldn't help me. Of course I was probably far from death and I do respect the medical field, that was just my mindset when feeling the worst I've ever felt. Fast forward to yesterday when my boss who was out for Covid told me his story. To the T he was telling me exactly how I felt months ago with a negative test result. Now he took 2 home tests that came back negative and then one at the ER and was positive. Now in my stupid non doctoring brain, either he got a false positive or I got a false negative or there's a multitude of scientific and logical reasons why we got differing results. At any rate, my boss is vaxxed, boosted, and still got a not so pleasant bout with Covid or something similar and is now crazy harping on wearing masks and decontaminating the work place. While pro vax and anti mask myself, I do appreciate the extra decon in all we do at work finally. Pretty much stuff I wished for pre-Covid even. Just wanted to share.
There are a multitude of conditions that can cause the symptoms you had (COVID included).

Home tests (lateral flow) are less sensitive than PCR done at the hospital. In general if negative on lateral flow you are probably not shedding virus but could still be ill with COVID.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT Pony said:
Watch the case data spike.

so far all good here, LFT all negative and yeah been a hermit myself with only three nights out in last er far too long tbh.
I was the only one in a house full of COVID not to get symptoms or test positive. I was also the only one to have been boosted just over 2 weeks before - read into that what you will!

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6