Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Wow, suppose you can bring the light inside the body. Is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning? … It would be interesting to check that.
Hello; All I did was post a link. I did not make a comment. The article is about disinfecting surfaces.
Yet you come up with this.
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
There Is Finally a Visible Way Out of the COVID Pandemic (msn.com)

“But two developments over the last week may shift our collective perspective enough to bring the COVID-19 endgame finally into view: the beginning of vaccination for children between the ages of 5 and 11, and the announcement by Pfizer that a trial for a therapeutic drug called PF-07321332 was so successful it was halted midway, with data already revealing an 89 percent reduction in severe illness among those taking the pill.”

“One of these developments is far more epidemiologically significant than the other. Vaccinating children does appear to meaningfully reduce their risk of serious illness, but that risk was so low to begin with that, while there would be some effect at the population level, for individual children it effectively meant dividing a zero into smaller zeroes. According to the Financial Times, vaccinating 25,000 children had the same effect on hospitalizations as vaccinating just 800 seniors. “

The Pfizer announcement is a much bigger deal because its effect goes well beyond the psychological: In the world of novel therapeutics, this is a monster breakthrough, capable of reducing the population-level severity of the disease as much as tenfold, at least in high-risk populations.”

“In other words, the vaccines had failed to make any difference at all at the national level in the share of new cases that ended up in the hospital or the morgue.”

“We know vaccination works, of course, and that it has been our best tool in combating the disease, at least to this point; but we can also conclude, looking back at the last few months in Europe and the U.S., that given some amount of continuing spread and some enduring risk of severe disease among the vaccinated old, it does not appear to be sufficient to truly end the pandemic, at least not everywhere and for good.”

“But as the Delta wave receded and vaccinations ticked upward — 85 percent of American seniors are “fully vaccinated,” to use a term we should probably now discard in the age of boosters, and 98 percent have received at least one shot — it almost seemed harder to really see that post-pandemic future clearly. As much of the country has half-tried to move past the pandemic this fall, more than a thousand are still dying each day. In places without a real Delta surge, like New York City, there was nevertheless a rising tide of anxiety, a return to mask wearing and a simmering rage at the remaining unvaccinated. We weren’t really capable of beginning to move on, of starting to see COVID-19 as just another disease, but we also weren’t not moving on, either.”

“Another long-neglected tool could help further: focusing very vigorously, from here, on the vulnerability of the old; indeed, treating COVID-19 as the disease of the very old it has always been (which we’ve refused to acknowledge through most of the pandemic in the interest of universalizing risk and preventing spread at all costs). “

“(And it is unconscionable that, given the federal government’s failure to act more quickly on rapid testing, it didn’t manage to deliver masks or rapid testing in targeted ways to the very old by the onset of the winter surge, nine months after the disease had arrived on our shores and almost as long since rapid tests had been shown to work well.)”

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
“In other words, the vaccines had failed to make any difference at all at the national level in the share of new cases that ended up in the hospital or the morgue.”
And why do you think that's the case?

And I'd say that statement is a bit of BS claiming that "the vaccines had failed to make any difference at all at the national level". I'd like to see their data source for such a claim.

Last edited:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
And why do you think that's the case?

And I'd say that statement is a bit of BS claiming that "the vaccines had failed to make any difference at all at the national level". I'd like to see their data source for such a claim.
Hello; The author explains the comment. I did not quote everything from the link. I expected those with questions to be able to open the link and look for themselves. I can provide my take on the comment if you need it. From the link:

"Yes, the country was underperforming on vaccination, and yes, the protections offered by those shots were, while significant, not perfect. But given the prevalence of vaccine protection and the degree to which the disease had spread through the population itself over the last 18 months, it was also reasonable to think, this summer, that, as a whole, the threat was at least subsiding. And yet, even as some of us turned away or tuned out the numbers, they weren’t actually looking much better, with 2,000 Americans dying every day during a period in late September."
"
In late July, as the Delta wave was just beginning to take off, I had a long conversation with Eric Topol of Scripps about what seemed to be not just a troubling but a confusing pattern: At a time of widespread, if not universal, vaccination, the ratio of hospitalizations and deaths to confirmed cases with the new variant seemed unchanged from the ratio observed during the worst period in the American pandemic, the winter surge at the beginning of 2020. In other words, the vaccines had failed to make any difference at all at the national level in the share of new cases that ended up in the hospital or the morgue."

Last edited:
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
As always, Bill Burr has an interesting take on the anti-science brigade.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The author explains the comment. I did not quote everything from the link. I expected those with questions to be able to open the link and look for themselves. I can provide my take on the comment if you need it. From the link:

"Yes, the country was underperforming on vaccination, and yes, the protections offered by those shots were, while significant, not perfect. But given the prevalence of vaccine protection and the degree to which the disease had spread through the population itself over the last 18 months, it was also reasonable to think, this summer, that, as a whole, the threat was at least subsiding. And yet, even as some of us turned away or tuned out the numbers, they weren’t actually looking much better, with 2,000 Americans dying every day during a period in late September."
"
In late July, as the Delta wave was just beginning to take off, I had a long conversation with Eric Topol of Scripps about what seemed to be not just a troubling but a confusing pattern: At a time of widespread, if not universal, vaccination, the ratio of hospitalizations and deaths to confirmed cases with the new variant seemed unchanged from the ratio observed during the worst period in the American pandemic, the winter surge at the beginning of 2020. In other words, the vaccines had failed to make any difference at all at the national level in the share of new cases that ended up in the hospital or the morgue."
What the author failed to say or clarify (purposely perhaps?) is that the delta surge was mainly comprised of unvaccinated people, and at that time barely, if even 50% of the USA was vaccinated. Obviously there was no vaccine at all to the general public when the worse big surge happened in early 2021.

And also, over 90% of the people in the hospitals and who died were the unvaccinated. That's why his comment that the vaccine made no difference is completely BS.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Hello; Yes to this. The idea is all of us who question are to be silent and since I do question and am not silent, I cannot be allowed to keep on making valid points. In a few ways I do appreciate the pushback.
I have had to refine my responses over time so as to be more clear. I am normally long winded but have become more precise my comments of late. I avoid using them and it and use the name of something or someone of late.

I also figure the type of pushback I and a few others get actually helps my position. While on one level it is tempting to respond in kind I do not feel the need to use such low tactics. Either my points and stance on a subject are correct and can be defended or has flaws and the flaws can be pointed out. My task is to answer in a way that makes sense and/or come up with sources to support my position. There is no need for the name calling, putdowns and other such tactics. At least I find no value in such.

We will move into the climate chance, green revolution, CO2 and all again with the same sort of push back. I figure many will see thru the tactics.

I particularly point out the Joe Rogan stuff. I was not a follower of the guy. It was Gt pony who first brought him up many pages back, not me. I looked Rogan up and commented on one particular issue, the lie that he took the animal version of a drug. I still do not follow Joe Rogan. I do not need such a person to follow. Yet the tactic is to lump me with him. Makes no difference to me and is likely very transparent to others as well.

The flat earth thing is one I used in my science classes in the past. For more than one reason. Partly to show how the truth eventually comes out. Partly to show how suppression of the truth by authorities can be hard on someone who discovers a new basic fact of the natural world.
But also to point out that holding a popular position or stance is not always the correct stance. That it is OK to question. In fact it is good that some do question.

We were told that all need the shots. That makes sense for many such as myself who are old and have comorbidities. Having a Biology background I knew some about the natural immune system. When I heard that even the naturally recovered also need the shots, that brought up the question of why. So I began to dig into the question of why. Such did not make sense on the surface. I found answers and found sources. I presented the answers. I will continue to do so as I find new evidence.
Man "long winded" is an understatement for you.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
@sk47 We know you're on the older side of life, but really you need to seriously grow up.

You were a teacher? That's just terrible.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Hello; stop spouting nonsense and get the fucking vaccine.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
OMG but the seizures, the 5G, the implants.

Grow the fuck up dude. Well over 700,000k Americans have now died from this virus.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What the author failed to say or clarify (purposely perhaps?) is that the delta surge was mainly comprised of unvaccinated people, and at that time barely, if even 50% of the USA was vaccinated. Obviously there was no vaccine at all to the general public when the worse big surge happened in early 2021.

And also, over 90% of the people in the hospitals and who died were the unvaccinated. That's why his comment that the vaccine made no difference is completely BS.
It’s amazing the conclusions a person can come to when they omit certain facts. I don’t believe that it stems from ignorance. The author is most likely aware that the spin is utter BS, but, it plays well with a certain audience who may or may not be ignorant of the facts.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
The author explains the comment. I did not quote everything from the link. I expected those with questions to be able to open the link and look for themselves. I can provide my take on the comment if you need it. From the link:

"
What utter factually wrong bullshit. Do you really believe that? That the vaccines have failed? Why are you posting this garbage?

The author is a total hack and hasn't a clue what he is talking about.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
It’s amazing the conclusions a person can come to when they omit certain facts. I don’t believe that it stems from ignorance. The author is most likely aware that the spin is utter BS, but, it plays well with a certain audience who may or may not be ignorant of the facts.
Anyone with half a functioning brain knows it is bullshit.

This is the same author that was carrying on about the vaccine being available 3 days after the Chinese released the genome, before anyone had contracted covid in the US or had even been shown to be transmittable to humans. He is a total nut job.

"We had the design for this vaccine by January 13th, we had it in hand by mid-February and that means that for all those deaths, not just in the US but throughout Europe and outside China, we had the tools to prevent the pandemic from happening at all."\

So he thinks the vaccine isn't having any effect at all after thinking the vaccine would have stopped the pandemic from happening in the first place. Which is either stupid or disingenuous.

Imagine vaccinating everyone BEFORE the pandemic. I am sure we all would have just lined right up for the injections. Idiot.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Maybe invest some money into the infrastructure to make it more reliable? Some might call it future-proofing especially given that storm intensity is projected to increase. Poles and wires on the ground aren‘t all that compatible with reliability of supply.

Might even create some jobs for the American people along the way. Probably union jobs at that.
Isn’t that what it’s all about?

Wouldn‘t a reliable electricity network that employs more Americans be a large part of making America a great country?

Cheap power often comes at a cost. It seems that you spent a week paying for it.
Cheap power, I laugh in your general direction.
Sponsored