Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/ - this subreddit has plenty of examples of people that thought they did not need them and won their awards.
Hello; I do not know the Herman Cain story. Not sure what you are getting at. I took two shots because I am old and have some of the extra problems. My stance on the shots on the thread has been more about the naturally immune who recovered on their own.
If Cain had survived the covid infection and caught it again, then I would want to know more about his underlying conditions. People who have underlying health/immune system conditions can and do get seriously ill and die with covid. Same thing happens to folks with poor underlying health who had all the covid shots.
They buried one such well known person today, Colin Powell. He took the shots but had serious health issues.

I took the shots. I can catch covid. I can get very sick and I can die with covid, even with the shots.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
There you go again. You have laid out nothing of substance here. The vast majority of your "evidence" are opinion pieces from MSN. You base arguments on assumptions you either do not understand or are just flat wrong about. In fact, you have been proved wrong many times on this thread, yet you carry on like you are the only one in the know and all the rest of us are just spinning lies. You are the one who changes the narrative to fit.

FACT: It's been shown that unvaccinated and recovered (the 'naturally immune') are over 5 TIMES more likely to be reinfected as opposed to vaccinated and never infected. This blows your ideas right out of the water.
Flat earthers and anti-vaxxers (including the vaccinated anti-vaxxers) are pretty much in the same mentality group ... both latch-on to and believe in misconceptions instead of scientific information. No amount of factual scientific data will ever make the light bulb go off in their head ... a total lost cause to even engage.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; Yes to this. The idea is all of us who question are to be silent and since I do question and am not silent, I cannot be allowed to keep on making valid points. In a few ways I do appreciate the pushback.
I have had to refine my responses over time so as to be more clear. I am normally long winded but have become more precise my comments of late. I avoid using them and it and use the name of something or someone of late.

I also figure the type of pushback I and a few others get actually helps my position. While on one level it is tempting to respond in kind I do not feel the need to use such low tactics. Either my points and stance on a subject are correct and can be defended or has flaws and the flaws can be pointed out. My task is to answer in a way that makes sense and/or come up with sources to support my position. There is no need for the name calling, putdowns and other such tactics. At least I find no value in such.

We will move into the climate chance, green revolution, CO2 and all again with the same sort of push back. I figure many will see thru the tactics.

I particularly point out the Joe Rogan stuff. I was not a follower of the guy. It was Gt pony who first brought him up many pages back, not me. I looked Rogan up and commented on one particular issue, the lie that he took the animal version of a drug. I still do not follow Joe Rogan. I do not need such a person to follow. Yet the tactic is to lump me with him. Makes no difference to me and is likely very transparent to others as well.

The flat earth thing is one I used in my science classes in the past. For more than one reason. Partly to show how the truth eventually comes out. Partly to show how suppression of the truth by authorities can be hard on someone who discovers a new basic fact of the natural world.
But also to point out that holding a popular position or stance is not always the correct stance. That it is OK to question. In fact it is good that some do question.

We were told that all need the shots. That makes sense for many such as myself who are old and have comorbidities. Having a Biology background I knew some about the natural immune system. When I heard that even the naturally recovered also need the shots, that brought up the question of why. So I began to dig into the question of why. Such did not make sense on the surface. I found answers and found sources. I presented the answers. I will continue to do so as I find new evidence.
We thank you for providing a short, simple reply.

Not quite sure that I’d have lived long enough to get through the longer version.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The flat earth thing is one I used in my science classes in the past. For more than one reason. Partly to show how the truth eventually comes out. Partly to show how suppression of the truth by authorities can be hard on someone who discovers a new basic fact of the natural world.
But also to point out that holding a popular position or stance is not always the correct stance. That it is OK to question. In fact it is good that some do question.
So apparently you were teaching them that the Earth really could be flat with some "new basic facts of the natural world" and that the the "popular position" that the Earth is round wasn't correct and should be questioned? Hummm 🤔 ... things are starting to make sense. 😆

Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So apparently you were teaching them that the Earth really could be flat with some "new basic facts of the natural world" and that the the "popular position" that the Earth is round wasn't correct and should be questioned? Hummm 🤔 ... things are starting to make sense. 😆
Sphere = 3D
Round = 2D
Ergo, round earth is flat earth. It’s just round instead of square, oval, triangle…..
Just saying…

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere = 3D
Round = 2D
Ergo, round earth is flat earth. It’s just round instead of square, oval, triangle…..
Just saying…
Sure ... a "round" flat earth depends on what angle you're looking at it from. Gotta turn that flat Earth 90 degrees to get the most awesome eclipses. 😆

1636150387866.png

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sure ... a "round" flat earth depends on what angle you're looking at it from. Gotta turn that flat Earth 90 degrees to get the most awesome eclipses. 😆

1636150387866.png
So really, the question is, how thick is a flat earth?
I have this idea in my mind of a round surface, deep enough that we can mine it.
Is that.…..like a piston?
Or are we talking more like a coin?
When is a cylinder a cylinder?
How flat is flat?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So really, the question is, how thick is a flat earth?
I have this idea in my mind of a round surface, deep enough that we can mine it.
Is that.…..like a piston?
Or are we talking more like a coin?
When is a cylinder a cylinder?
How flat is flat?
Well, that eclipse clearly shows that it's pretty flat and a uniform thickness. Thing is ... it looks pretty weird from a straight overhead view. You'd think it would be more round like a coin from an above view. 😄

1636155434260.png

If you mined a hole all the way through the thickness would there be cool stuff on the side where the people don't live on? 🤔:wink:

Last edited:

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Here is a good example of how things go in a typical spin and twist reply. Look at my comments which I quote. In no way did my comments suggest the actions implied in the very twisted response.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Flat earthers and anti-vaxxers (including the vaccinated anti-vaxxers) are pretty much in the same mentality group ... both latch-on to and believe in misconceptions instead of scientific information. No amount of factual scientific data will ever make the light bulb to off in their head ... a total lost cause to even engage.
Hello; That you actually wrote the above in bold is a hoot.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Here is a good example of how things go in a typical spin and twist reply. Look at my comments which I quote. In no way did my comments suggest the actions implied in the very twisted response.
The way you wrote it leaves it very open ended, like 90% of the gargage you write. Maybe you should elaborate on your "flat earth teachings" for us all.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
The way you wrote it leaves it very open ended, like 90% of the gargage you write. Maybe you should elaborate on your "flat earth teachings" for us all.
Hello; In an honest discussion you do not just assume that which is not said or written. Especially if the intention is to have a worth wile discussion. It is not my job to write out every possible detail. The experience has been that even when I do go into detail, you come back with the same sort of twist and spin.

I do understand an honest discussion is not your intention. You are comfortably within a crew who are convinced their positions are morally superior, with that assumed moral high ground supposidely giving you the option to be crass, call names and use put downs. Truth does not have to count unless it supports your point of view. This comment you made is a prime example;
"Flat earthers and anti-vaxxers (including the vaccinated anti-vaxxers) are pretty much in the same mentality group ... "

By any reasonable definition a person who took the shots voluntarily as I did, can not be an antivaxxer. I get that it is I have dared to question the need for the naturally immune to have the shots. No questions are allowed in the push to have "all" get the shots. It is comply totally without question or be branded.
Sponsored