OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The story was about how a major TV "NEWS" company had lied many times and got caught it the lies.
Was it a lie though? How do you KNOW that they didn’t know he wasn’t using horse paste?
See, that’s the problem with making an accusation of someone lying. You need to KNOW that THEY knew it wasn’t true, otherwise it’s just untrue, rather than a lie.
The difference is significant.
The former comes from ignorance, the latter is done with the specific intent of misleading people.

A proper example of a lie would be when the former president said “this will all go away soon” and it was later revealed that he KNEW that wouldn’t be happening and that he was just trying to keep the people calm.

When Tucker Carlson starts spreading misinformation, is he lying or is he just wrong? How can we tell if he KNOWS that the information he’s spreading is factually incorrect rather than just based on his ignorance of a topic?

To prove a lie you need to prove that the person lying knows that the information they’re sharing isn’t true. I don’t think that’s been established in this case.

Should CNN offer a retraction and an apology? Yes, 100%.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
^^^ Like I said ... did Joe Rogan make is clear that he was taking Ivermectin under the care of a doctor? ... I don't think he did. In that case, he's the one misleading his listeners and throwing reporters off on a tangent. He knows he's an idiot and even admits it himself.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Watch this discussion about Joe Rogan and Ivermectin ... same basic thing I was saying.

Today I learned that horses are bigger than humans and therefore require a different dose of the exact same drug.
Who knew?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Today I learned that horses are bigger than humans and therefore require a different dose of the exact same drug.
Who knew?
And also that the Ivermectin used for people and horses is exactly the same drug ... it's not a different formulation for humans.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Has anybody noticed JR also took dexamethasone, a cheap drug with proven effectiveness against COVID symptoms - just saying

Regarding the use of unproven drugs with side effects - good luck to em. Lets hope the side effects are not too minor. A few less morons in the world will do no harm.

Ivermectin poisoning cases are up significantly in the US, they are probably just getting over the bleach gargling :crazy:
A question for you.
If a person with Covid were to visit a GP in the UK, what is the likelihood that they would receive a prescription for Ivermectin?

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
And also that the Ivermectin used for people and horses is exactly the same drug ... it's not a different formulation for humans.
hello; the dosage will have to be very much less for a person. It has been prescribed for humans years before covid.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's the same doctor talking to some other hosts about the same Ivermectin subject matter.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the same doctor talking to some other hosts about the same Ivermectin subject matter.

To be honest, I don’t like that she’s saying “it doesn’t work”.
I think what she should’ve said is that “it hasn’t YET been demonstrated to work, studies are continuing”.
Unless all those trials are now complete? Maybe I missed it?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To be honest, I don’t like that she’s saying “it doesn’t work”.
I think what she should’ve said is that “it hasn’t YET been demonstrated to work, studies are continuing”.
Unless all those trials are now complete? Maybe I missed it?
She's saying that because of a study she mentions (in the Journal of the American Medical Association) in the videos that showed Ivermectin did not make any difference in treatment of Covid ... so I guess one could say "it didn't work" for treating Covid. For intestinal parasites ... yeah probably does work.

Geezs ... you got a "like" from sk47 on that post. 😂

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Fell free to go on about ivermectin if it suits. My part was only about the lie of a news company. I do not follow Joe Rogan. I did not bring him up in the first place, only responded.
If I am infected and get sick enough to see a doctor I will ask about any supportive medications I can take to help my body recover.
It would be nice to know there has been a level playing field for such supportive medicines. Does not seem that way.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Fell free to go on about ivermectin if it suits. My part was only about the lie of a news company.
It's not a lie if Joe Rogan didn't make it clear exactly where he was getting the Ivermectin from or how it was being used. You don't really know what a real "lie" is. Joe was more likely the one misleading everybody on his whole Ivermectin thing.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; Fell free to go on about ivermectin if it suits. My part was only about the lie of a news company. I do not follow Joe Rogan. I did not bring him up in the first place, only responded.
If I am infected and get sick enough to see a doctor I will ask about any supportive medications I can take to help my body recover.
It would be nice to know there has been a level playing field for such supportive medicines. Does not seem that way.
But were they lying or just ignorant of the facts?
Did they KNOW that he wasn’t using the horse version?

Again, I’ll say that they should issue a retraction and an apology for getting the facts wrong.

But, did they DELIBERATELY and KNOWINGLY suggest he was using a treatment that he wasn’t using or did they simply not KNOW that he wasn’t using the horse version?

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)

Again, I’ll say that they should issue a retraction and an apology for getting the facts wrong.

But, did they DELIBERATELY and KNOWINGLY suggest he was using a treatment that he wasn’t using or did they simply not KNOW that he wasn’t using the horse version?

Hello; At this point you guys are basically trying to convince yourself. Rogan was using the human version prescribed by a doctor. Seems to me a national news TV company ought to get the story straight. Were I making my living reporting news on national TV, I would have placed a call to Rogan and asked the question before having my various talking heads spout an incorrect story.
Call it what you want if such makes you feel better. Rogan called it a lie and I have no reason to dismiss his view. Seems like close enough so that calling it something else is a distinction without a difference.
Sponsored