OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; At this point you guys are basically trying to convince yourself. Rogan was using the human version prescribed by a doctor. Seems to me a national news TV company ought to get the story straight. Were I making my living reporting news on national TV, I would have placed a call to Rogan and asked the question before having my various talking heads spout an incorrect story.
Call it what you want if such makes you feel better. Rogan called it a lie and I have no reason to dismiss his view. Seems like close enough so that calling it something else is a distinction without a difference.
The point is that YOU and Rogan are accusing them of LYING.
Yeah sure, they failed to do their homework. It happens from time to time.
If they(CNN) have any integrity, they’ll issue an apology and a retraction.
Maybe they won’t. I don’t know.

When a Flat Earther claims that the Earth is flat, is that a lie or are they just misguided?

How do YOU know that THEY know the Earth is an oblate spheroid but are saying otherwise?

It seems that you don’t understand what a lie is.

I “think“ many politicians lie. I can’t call them a liar until I can PROVE that they KNEW they were talking shit.

EDIT: The sources you linked suggested that CNN said he was INJECTING the paste. At no point in any of the quotes from CNN did I see them suggest that.
Is that a lie? I can’t say, but they certainly failed to produce evidence that CNN reporters actually said that.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Here's Joe Rogan's initial message about it all. He says absolutely nothing about all this is being done under a doctor's direction and/or care, especially the part about Ivermectin. So who's to blame if people take it the wrong way?

And I'm just wondering what kind of doctor would tell him to take all that stuff at the same time. I could see Joe making that decision, but not a real doctor.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Call it what you want if such makes you feel better.
How a person feels about it has no bearing on it. If you want to call someone a liar you absolutely MUST prove that they were very deliberately deceiving you. This has not been proven.

Rogan called it a lie and I have no reason to dismiss his view.
I just gave you a reason. Please provide evidence that the CNN reporters knew for a fact that he was taking the human version, as prescribed by a doctor, and decided to report otherwise.. I’ll wait.

Seems like close enough so that calling it something else is a distinction without a difference.
Unfortunately, close enough isn’t good enough.

A lie is very different from a factual error. One is deliberate, the other may not be.

All lies consist of factual errors. Not all factual errors are lies.

Do you want me to draw it in a Venn diagram for you?

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if the people who hoard all the toilet paper are the same people who hoard the drugs as well?

“Finally, there has been a 3-4-fold increased dispensing of ivermectin prescriptions in recent months, leading to national and local shortages for those who need the medicine for scabies and parasite infections. It is believed that this is due to recent prescribing and dispensing for unapproved uses, such as COVID-19. Such shortages can disproportionately impact vulnerable people, including those in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.”

Hmmm
.a correlation maybe? 😂

“Even the levels of ivermectin for approved human uses can interact with other medications, like blood-thinners. You can also overdose on ivermectin, which can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, hypotension (low blood pressure), allergic reactions (itching and hives), dizziness, ataxia (problems with balance), seizures, coma and even death. “

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello; At this point you guys are basically trying to convince yourself. Rogan was using the human version prescribed by a doctor. Seems to me a national news TV company ought to get the story straight. Were I making my living reporting news on national TV, I would have placed a call to Rogan and asked the question before having my various talking heads spout an incorrect story.
Call it what you want if such makes you feel better. Rogan called it a lie and I have no reason to dismiss his view. Seems like close enough so that calling it something else is a distinction without a difference.
So if it turns out Rogan is full of shit and there is no doctor, will you then be lying?

Probably the same doctor he gets his roids from.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; On TV news and truth. You guys have decided to look at this backward. It is not the duty of a person, in this case Joe Rogan, to make statements in a way that suits the press. I do not care what Rogan stated unless he actually said he was taking the animal version of the drug. If he merely said I am taking ivermectin, the press does not get to jump to a false conclusion that it is the animal sort. The press has a duty to find out before going on national TV and making a report.

This notion that Rogan has some duty to say which form of the drug he was taking is not correct. This distortion of how the press works is disturbing.

But have you taken any fish medication ... where'd those webbed hands come from? đŸ€” At least you can still type. 😋

3371757_webbedhand_jpeg918aa528d62effe0e7a1c8a67313e6b1.jpeg
Hello; You guys on a forum can jump to conclusions as illustrated above and twist things around to make fun of someone whose opinions you do not like. A national TV news channel does not get to do that and keep credibility.
If because I wrote I give antibiotics to my tropical fish and a national alphabet TV news channel decides to do a report on the air they do not get to say I am taking fish medicine just because it suits an agenda. They did before have a duty to find out the truth before saying such things. They can couch the language with words such as "alleged", but the quotes in the link did not do that.

It is just like what happens on this forum because I am not on board with an agenda popular with some. Somehow because I disagree that makes me a fair game target with hardly any limits on how you go about it. I am a big boy and can stand up for myself and can dish it out, so do not twist my observation.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; On TV news and truth. You guys have decided to look at this backward. It is not the duty of a person, in this case Joe Rogan, to make statements in a way that suits the press. I do not care what Rogan stated unless he actually said he was taking the animal version of the drug. If he merely said I am taking ivermectin, the press does not get to jump to a false conclusion that it is the animal sort. The press has a duty to find out before going on national TV and making a report.
I agree. 100%. They absolutely should have done their homework.

But
.that doesn’t mean that they’re telling LIES.
You can restate your position as often as you like, but until you can demonstrate that the reporters KNEW that he wasn’t taking the horse version, it isn’t a LIE.

Why is this so difficult for you to grasp?

Do you need a textbook definition presented to you?

My only contention here is that they weren’t “lying” but rather sharing factually inaccurate information. They are not the same thing.

Can you please just admit that you were wrong to call them liars?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want to know who Rogan's doctor is, maybe a relative to Dr. Jack Kevorkian perhaps? What kind of doctor would have him take all that stuff Rogan described.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
^^^ Stop crying and get the stick out of your arse. 😄
Or just own up to the simple fact that lies and misinformation aren’t the same thing. Similar category, wrong choice of words.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

But
You can restate your position as often as you like, but until you can demonstrate that the reporters KNEW that he wasn’t taking the horse version, it isn’t a LIE.

My only contention here is that they weren’t “lying” but rather sharing factually inaccurate information. They are not the same thing.

I'm sure he doesn't really know what a real lie is. If he did he wouldn't have the blind and twisted viewpoint, because there were plenty of real lies to choose from over the last 5 years.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s one for you @sk47

Before the evidence was abundantly clear that the Earth isn’t flat, was it a lie to tell people that it was flat?
Or was that just misinformation?

No, it’s not a poor analogy. Both rely on the ignorance of the person making the claim. It could even be argued that in both instances a person should’ve “done their research” before making that claim.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure he doesn't really know what a real lie is. If he did he wouldn't have the blind and twisted viewpoint, because there were plenty of real lies to choose from over the last 5 years.
I would assume that he would hold those people to the same standard of course.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)

But

Hello; There use to be a simple definition of a lie. It was not telling the truth. Still works for me.

".....demonstrate that the reporters KNEW that he wasn’t taking the horse version, it isn’t a LIE."

This is so very wrong. Reporters do not get to report things as facts just because they are not aware of the actual truth. The idea use to be they waited until the truth was known or used language indicating a statement is not factual using words such as "alleged".

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I will not respond to such a thinly veiled political statement.
Sponsored