Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Post a link that they don't like and they do attack like a pack of wolves.

I don't know if ivermectin works or not, frankly I don't give a shit. However it acts as an anti inflammatory in covid patients according to the NIH link I posted.

Yep, the fake news media got caught in a major lie, funny the "get jabbed or be punished" crowd glosses over the lie part.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Yep, the fake news media got caught in a major lie, funny the "get jabbed or be punished" crowd glosses over the lie part.
LoL, too bad we can't talk about all the lies over the last 5 years. Most I bet you probably believe.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Post a link that they don't like and they do attack like a pack of wolves.

I don't know if ivermectin works or not, frankly I don't give a shit. However it acts as an anti inflammatory in covid patients according to the NIH link I posted.

Can you please post a video that shows exactly what they said? Or, direct quotes, IN CONTEXT.

Do you think it’s possible that what they may have said was that he was taking a drug that is used in horses or are you 100% convinced that they literally said he was taking ACTUAL horse de-wormer?

I‘ve tried to find videos but cannot.

Not defending them, just asking the kinds of questions that a sceptic will ask.

Maybe they did DIRECTLY assert that he was literally taking horse-paste.

I don’t know. Hence, I don’t pay it much attention until there’s direct evidence rather than just claims.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Ivermectin may be a clinically useful anti-inflammatory agent for late-stage COVID-19 (nih.gov)

“Hence, consideration should be given to the possibility that ivermectin is acting as an anti-inflammatory in these cases. This prompted us to search the research literature on ivermectin for anti-inflammatory actions.”

“In 2008, Zhang et al studied the impact of ivermectin in mice challenged with intraperitoneal lipopolysaccharide (LPS). They chose a dose of LPS that induced 100% mortality within 5 days. They then demonstrated that oral ivermectin, administering 2 hours prior to LPS, dose dependently reduced mortality in the LPS-treated mice, with a significant 50% reduction in mortality being achieved at a 4 mg/kg dose.3 In vitro studies likewise confirmed the ability of this agent to block cytokine production by LPS-challenged macrophages.3 4

Hello my comments; So they dose the mice with LPS that kills them in 5 days. They does more mice the same way but give them ivermectin and half the mice live.

Moreover, there are two reports that ivermectin, administered either systemically or topically, exerts anti-inflammatory effects in murine models of allergic inflammation (asthma and atopic dermatitis).7 8 The systemic effect was achieved with a 2 mg/kg dose.”

“Although it is conceivable that these anti-inflammatory effects of ivermectin are restricted to LPS or toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) signalling, it may well be the case that it works downstream in this signalling pathway in a way that would be pertinent to other proinflammatory signalling pathways. Moreover, there is reason to suspect that the damage-associated molecular pattern high mobility group box 1 (HMGB1), which is released by dying cells and acts as an agonist for the TLR4 receptor, is a mediator of the lung inflammation associated with COVID-19.9 Hence, it is reasonable to suspect that, in doses at or modestly above the standard clinical dose, ivermectin may have important clinical potential for managing disorders associated with life-threatening respiratory distress and cytokine storm—such as advanced COVID-19.”

Hello my comments: So one of the problems with a bad infection is the all the junk caused when body cells are killed.

“Two retrospective prepublication reports have appeared in which clinical outcomes were evaluated in hospitalised patients with COVID-19, some of whom received treatment with ivermectin. Rajter et al have reported that, in univariate analysis, mortality in 173 patients receiving one or more doses of ivermectin was significantly lower than in 107 patients not so treated (15% vs 25.2%, p=0.03);

Hello my comments; I underlined some of this.

“ Gorial et al examined the mean time of hospital stay in patients who either received or did not receive on admission a standard clinical dose of ivermectin (200 μg/kg) as an adjunct to treatment with hydroxychloroquine/azithromycin. The 16 patients who received ivermectin had hospital stays averaging 7.62 days, notably lower than the average hospital stays of 71 patients not receiving ivermectin (13.22 days; p=0.00005). Two patients died in the control group, none in the ivermectin group.11 Note that these apparent therapeutic benefits were seen in hospitalised patients, in whom antiviral measures are suspected to be less effective than anti-inflammatory measures targeting cytokine storm.”

Hello my comments; Interesting “Anecdotally”.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Can you please post a video that shows exactly what they said? Or, direct quotes, IN CONTEXT.

Do you think it’s possible that what they may have said was that he was taking a drug that is used in horses or are you 100% convinced that they literally said he was taking ACTUAL horse de-wormer?

I‘ve tried to find videos but cannot.

Not defending them, just asking the kinds of questions that a sceptic will ask.

Maybe they did DIRECTLY assert that he was literally taking horse-paste.

I don’t know. Hence, I don’t pay it much attention until there’s direct evidence rather than just claims.
Hello; That information was in the link I posted.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; That information was in the link I posted.
The nearest thing I saw to a direct quote was this:

“CNN’s Jim Acosta said elsewhere, “And the podcast host Joe Rogan, he came down with COVID. He says he's been taking the livestock dewormer ivermectin as well as other treatments that people talk about on the internet and so on.”

Now, I wouldn’t suggest for a second that the statement he made there was factually 100% accurate, but, to call it a lie is probably stretching the truth a little too.

The fact that the quote starts with an “and” tells me that there was obviously a conversation taking place prior to that, where the statement may have made more contextual sense. Maybe the journalist simply misspoke?

I don’t know. I don‘t spend any time watching CNN other than the odd youtube snippet here and there.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's the brilliant logic of an anti-vaxxer. They would rather take the much higher risk of relying on their immume system to be strong enough to fight the virus if infected, then go get some Ivermectin (which causes more problems and kills more people than the vaccine) at the feed store and self medicate if they do get infected. It really is Darwinism at work. 🤪

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
The nearest thing I saw to a direct quote was this:

“CNN’s Jim Acosta said elsewhere, “And the podcast host Joe Rogan, he came down with COVID. He says he's been taking the livestock dewormer ivermectin as well as other treatments that people talk about on the internet and so on.”

Now, I wouldn’t suggest for a second that the statement he made there was factually 100% accurate, but, to call it a lie is probably stretching the truth a little too.

The fact that the quote starts with an “and” tells me that there was obviously a conversation taking place prior to that, where the statement may have made more contextual sense. Maybe the journalist simply misspoke?

I don’t know. I don‘t spend any time watching CNN other than the odd youtube snippet here and there.
This is fake news: Joe Rogan gets CNN’s chief medical correspondent to admit CNN lied about ivermectin (msn.com)

“Rogan, by the way, isn’t exaggerating when he says CNN made a concerted effort this year to slander him with the “horse dewormer” lie. Nearly every talking head on the network took a crack at promoting the falsehood.”

#1 = “Joe Rogan, a popular comedian and podcaster who has told his listeners the COVID vaccine is not necessary for young people, just disclosed he has COVID,” said Anderson Cooper. “He also acknowledged taking controversial treatment designed for animals.”

#2 = Said Reliable Sources host Brian Stelter, “But when you have a horse deworming medication that's discouraged by the government that actually causes some people in this crazy environment we're in to actually want to try it. That's the upside down where we're in with figures like Joe Rogan.”

#3 = “People have been taking this [horse dewormer],” said host Boris Sanchez, “trying to treat COVID, but it has led to a lot of folks getting poisoned ... And yet celebrities like Joe Rogan have been talking about taking it.”

#4 = CNN’s Jim Acosta said elsewhere, “And the podcast host Joe Rogan, he came down with COVID. He says he's been taking the livestock dewormer ivermectin as well as other treatments that people talk about on the internet and so on.”

This week, Rogan had his chance to confront a CNN host about the network’s reporting.

“You're probably the only one at CNN who's glad [I’ve recovered],” Rogan joked. “The rest of them are all lying about me taking horse medication.”

“That bothered you,” said the CNN correspondent.

“It should bother you, too,” replied Rogan. “They're lying at your network about people taking human drugs versus drugs for veterinarians.”

Said Gupta, “Calling it a ‘horse dewormer’ is not the most flattering thing, I get that.”

Rogan pushed back on the idea that it's merely "unflattering" to say he took "horse dewormer."

“It's a lie,” he asserted. “It's a lie on a news network. And it's a lie that they're conscious of. It's not a mistake. They're unfavorably framing it as veterinary medicine.”

Hello; I count four. All big enough names in “NEWS”. Such is not uncommon. Some days it is like they all have a script. It is telling that you not only missed the other three but also that you try to dismiss the lies as;

"Now, I wouldn’t suggest for a second that the statement he made there was factually 100% accurate, but, to call it a lie is probably stretching the truth a little too."

"The fact that the quote starts with an “and” tells me that there was obviously a conversation taking place prior to that, where the statement may have made more contextual sense. Maybe the journalist simply misspoke?"

Hello; In my vision of a NEWS agency, the facts are determined before such things are reported. If you do not know for sure you say you do not know for sure.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
This is fake news: Joe Rogan gets CNN’s chief medical correspondent to admit CNN lied about ivermectin (msn.com)

“Rogan, by the way, isn’t exaggerating when he says CNN made a concerted effort this year to slander him with the “horse dewormer” lie. Nearly every talking head on the network took a crack at promoting the falsehood.”

#1 = “Joe Rogan, a popular comedian and podcaster who has told his listeners the COVID vaccine is not necessary for young people, just disclosed he has COVID,” said Anderson Cooper. “He also acknowledged taking controversial treatment designed for animals.”

#2 = Said Reliable Sources host Brian Stelter, “But when you have a horse deworming medication that's discouraged by the government that actually causes some people in this crazy environment we're in to actually want to try it. That's the upside down where we're in with figures like Joe Rogan.”

#3 = “People have been taking this [horse dewormer],” said host Boris Sanchez, “trying to treat COVID, but it has led to a lot of folks getting poisoned ... And yet celebrities like Joe Rogan have been talking about taking it.”

#4 = CNN’s Jim Acosta said elsewhere, “And the podcast host Joe Rogan, he came down with COVID. He says he's been taking the livestock dewormer ivermectin as well as other treatments that people talk about on the internet and so on.”

This week, Rogan had his chance to confront a CNN host about the network’s reporting.

“You're probably the only one at CNN who's glad [I’ve recovered],” Rogan joked. “The rest of them are all lying about me taking horse medication.”

“That bothered you,” said the CNN correspondent.

“It should bother you, too,” replied Rogan. “They're lying at your network about people taking human drugs versus drugs for veterinarians.”

Said Gupta, “Calling it a ‘horse dewormer’ is not the most flattering thing, I get that.”

Rogan pushed back on the idea that it's merely "unflattering" to say he took "horse dewormer."

“It's a lie,” he asserted. “It's a lie on a news network. And it's a lie that they're conscious of. It's not a mistake. They're unfavorably framing it as veterinary medicine.”

Hello; I count four. All big enough names in “NEWS”. Such is not uncommon. Some days it is like they all have a script. It is telling that you not only missed the other three but also that you try to dismiss the lies as;

"Now, I wouldn’t suggest for a second that the statement he made there was factually 100% accurate, but, to call it a lie is probably stretching the truth a little too."

"The fact that the quote starts with an “and” tells me that there was obviously a conversation taking place prior to that, where the statement may have made more contextual sense. Maybe the journalist simply misspoke?"

Hello; In my vision of a NEWS agency, the facts are determined before such things are reported. If you do not know for sure you say you do not know for sure.
Because I really honestly can’t be bothered with this discussion, I’ll just address point #1
The claim was that Rogan was taking a drug designed for animals right?
Cool.

“Merck began marketing ivermectin as a veterinary antiparasitic in 1981.[7] By 1986, ivermectin was registered for use in 46 countries and was administered massively to cattle, sheep and other animals.[64] By the late 1980s, ivermectin was the bestselling veterinary medicine in the world.[7] Following its blockbuster success as a veterinary antiparasitic, another Merck scientist, Mohamed Aziz, collaborated with the World Health Organization to test the safety and efficacy of ivermectin against onchocerciasis in humans.[65

So yes, it was originally designed for animals. Period. That’s called a fact.
So, we can easily knock that one off the list now.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did Rogan make it clear in the beginning that he was being treated by a doctor with the human version of ivermectin. If he didn't make that clear in the beginning then I don't feel sorry for the backlash he received.

I wonder how many idiots ran down to the farm supply store to buy ivermectin after hearing Rogan was taking it, not knowing it wasn't the horse version because he didn't make that clear. Stupid is as stupid does.

https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...formation-ivermectin-spotify-podcast-1219976/

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Because I really honestly can’t be bothered with this discussion, I’ll just address point #1
The claim was that Rogan was taking a drug designed for animals right?
Cool.

“Merck began marketing ivermectin as a veterinary antiparasitic in 1981.[7] By 1986, ivermectin was registered for use in 46 countries and was administered massively to cattle, sheep and other animals.[64] By the late 1980s, ivermectin was the bestselling veterinary medicine in the world.[7] Following its blockbuster success as a veterinary antiparasitic, another Merck scientist, Mohamed Aziz, collaborated with the World Health Organization to test the safety and efficacy of ivermectin against onchocerciasis in humans.[65

So yes, it was originally designed for animals. Period. That’s called a fact.
So, we can easily knock that one off the list now.
Hello; Not so quick. He was actually taking a medication for humans under a doctors care. That the medication also has a value in animals is not uncommon. Lots of things we people use have uses in animals. I keep tropical fish and have used antibiotics for their treatment.
Does not matter that it may have been first for animals. Not one of the better spins, but not the worst. Interesting that you took the time and effort to look up the origins of the drug.

The name Joe Rogan was mentioned in a post as a criticism of the sorts of links I post. Ironic in that my most recent link had been an NIH link. Anyway I saw a news blurb later with Joe Rogan's name and posted it. Did not know much about the guy.

Thing is this is a voluntary sort of discussion. Feel free to decide if you want to participate. You can participate or not as it may please you.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Did Rogan make it clear in the beginning that he was being treated by a doctor with the human version of ivermectin. If he didn't make that clear in the beginning then I don't feel sorry for the backlash he received.

I wonder how many idiots ran down to the farm supply store to buy ivermectin after hearing Rogan was taking it, not knowing it wasn't the horse version because he didn't make that clear. Stupid is as stupid does.

https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...formation-ivermectin-spotify-podcast-1219976/
“I’m not a respected source of information” “but anyways, here’s what I think about (insert as required)….”

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; Not so quick. He was actually taking a medication for humans under a doctors care. That the medication also has a value in animals is not uncommon. Lots of things we people use have uses in animals. I keep tropical fish and have used antibiotics for their treatment.
Does not matter that it may have been first for animals. Not one of the better spins, but not the worst. Interesting that you took the time and effort to look up the origins of the drug.

The name Joe Rogan was mentioned in a post as a criticism of the sorts of links I post. Ironic in that my most recent link had been an NIH link. Anyway I saw a news blurb later with Joe Rogan's name and posted it. Did not know much about the guy.

Thing is this is a voluntary sort of discussion. Feel free to decide if you want to participate. You can participate or not as it may please you.
Ok, I’ll opt out then. Thanks.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)

Hello; Another interesting spin. I do not know what he may have said but it seems some conclusions were jumped to.
Sponsored