Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
lol, clearly a typo and you know it…

…outlawed vaccination passports, ya fruitcake 🙃
We are supposed to be psychic now. What you wrote before had a different meaning to what you wrote the second time. The only fruitcake is yourself for not checking what you wrote before you posted it.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Same for the shots if you want to play word meaning games. Having shots does not keep us from catching the covid virus. Lets go thru it again. You become infected. The virus takes over body cells and starts the process of making copies of itself. Each infected cell can make huge numbers of copies. Each copy can then go on to infect other cells. That repeats until something stops the virus.
For a few lucky people the virus just never gets a start for reasons not exactly clear. Could be they had a different corona type virus similar to the new covid19 that their immune system knows so can deal with the covid19. Could be some other reasons.
For many tho, a new virus which we encounter for the first time, there is nothing ready to deal with the virus. That has been the case for millions who ran into the virus. For the first few days the virus is in control. There are some general immune system agents at work but they are overwhelmed.

The body has to start a dedicated immune response. The invader has to be identified and the body has to start making agents to deal with that new virus. That takes a few days. Then the body can start to control the virus. When enough specific antibodies are made the newly emerging virus copies get covered by them. That begins the ending of the infection. We feel sick for at least two reasons. One is the immune system mechanisms such as fever, muscle aches and such. Another is all the damaged cells the virus has torn apart. There can be other things. For a virus such as a rhino virus ( cold) the process takes about two weeks.

Thing is the virus does not just give up. It has to be stopped. It is the human bodies immune system reaction that stops the infection. So yes those who were sick and recovered on their own have some level of natural immunity. Since they recovered, the immunity is very likely to be good. New evidence is showing even those with mild cases can have a strong immune. Why some individuals do not have a strong response is not clear.

So no, I will not replace natural immunity with anything else. I will use the traditional wording. The old words work just fine.
You seem to have ignored this that I posted

Predictors of Nonseroconversion after SARS-CoV-2 Infection - Volume 27, Number 9—September 2021 - Emerging Infectious Diseases journal - CDC

Please read it and try to understand, especially this bit:

'We also show that clinical illness does not guarantee seroconversion and that laboratories with highly sensitive RT-PCR assays are more likely to detect serologic nonresponders'

I'm afraid this undermines the whole premise of your rambles and opinion. People can test positive for COVID and NOT seroconvert. So AGAIN with this in mind please answer my question with a yes or no:

What is your policy advice? Vaccinate or not after natural infection, because as a government there has to be a policy. It cannot be open ended, get vaccinated if you feel like it - far too woolly. So do you advise people to NOT get vaccinated if they had COVID - when they then later die of COVID that is going to look like a pretty brave policy, and I can assure you bravery and medicine / lawyers make poor bedfellows.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)

Quick questions. Data is and has shown that the viral loads between vaccinated and unvaccinated are very similar. If vaccinated and unvaccinated spread covid at a similar rate, what is the point on an individual level to force vaccinations on people?

Hospital where I live are at regular capacity after the last wave(70% down) and is in normal operation. If the risk of death, injury, and monetary punishment is the worst outcome for the unvaccinated, why is this not a personal decision? The vaccine seems to have little effect on herd immunity, so I just don’t understand the point.

Even if one assumes the vaccinated are less likely to catch covid, we seem to just talking about how long until they catch it because it seems all but assured everyone will eventually have it. Couple that with similar viral loads and the case gets even weaker for forced vaccinations. I don’t get it.

https://www.ucdavis.edu/health/covi...ar-between-vaccinated-and-unvaccinated-people

When they analyzed the data, the researchers found wide variations in viral load within both vaccinated and unvaccinated groups, but not between them. There was no significant difference in viral load between vaccinated and unvaccinated, or between asymptomatic and symptomatic groups.
It has been demonstrated that viral shedding is reduced in vaccinated people. There is a difference between viral load and whether it is shed.

Longitudinal analysis of SARS-CoV-2 vaccine breakthrough infections reveal limited infectious virus shedding and restricted tissue distribution | medRxiv

Initial report of decreased SARS-CoV-2 viral load after inoculation with the BNT162b2 vaccine | Nature Medicine

There are two reasons for mandatory vaccinations in the workplace. Firstly the reduced shedding, and the linked benefit that this reduces the risk of onward transmission to vulnerable people. Secondly the incidence of severe illness in vaccinated people is hugely reduced which means in staff critical areas such as overwhelmed hospitals, less staff will be off sick and less patients will come in the door. With time that will probably change as COVID becomes just another endemic disease.

The vaccine has a significant impact on 'herd immunity' which is now shown to be the case in the UK and other countries. We have no restrictions in place here at all now and cases are static, death rates low. At no point before the vaccine was this possible. Our vaccine rate is 70% of the population, but nearly 95% of adults. We only vaccinate down to age 12

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
In the coming few months it is rumored that the climate will change to a colder pattern for much of the western world.

We're eating up the planet just as fast as we can
And it's a big lie
Getting bigger all the time
It's a big lie
Yeah the truth is hard to find
In the big lie
Ooo, Yeah
It's a big, big... big, big... big, big lie
Such a big, big lie
Well that was well worth posting :crazy:

Where is this 'rumour' from and what data do you have to back it up?

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Such is fair as long as hurricanes, dry spells, and other such things do not get attached to global climate.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/t...he-coldest-on-record/ar-AAPj5DB?ocid=msedgntp

You need to go back and read the link you posted. Climate change is increasing the frequency of extreme weather events. So the frequency of extreme heat events is increasing and extreme cold events are declining, but both still occur. The effect of climate change on weather patterns will also result in locally colder weather in a warming globe. For somebody with a background in Biology you do show a shockingly obtuse view of scientific data and reasoning. Anybody would think you were trolling a car forum :cwl:

Scientists also agree that since the 1950s extreme cold snaps do occur, but climate change is bringing far more heat records than cold records.

In other words, while the globe may be warmer than average as a whole, some areas will still observe colder temperatures and even severe cold outbreaks

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The vaccine has a significant impact on 'herd immunity' which is now shown to be the case in the UK and other countries. We have no restrictions in place here at all now and cases are static, death rates low. At no point before the vaccine was this possible. Our vaccine rate is 70% of the population, but nearly 95% of adults. We only vaccinate down to age 12.
Speaking of herd immunity, this is an interesting article.

https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2021/what-is-herd-immunity-and-how-can-we-achieve-it-with-covid-19

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Reasonable summary. I think we are a little way ahead of the US and certainly unconstrained spread in the adult population seems like it is now not possible. Most of our cases are in children that are now back at school (60% are still not vaccinated yet) and a smaller spike in their parent age group which again were later to be vaccinated and so vaccine penetration is a little lower. But the R0 in the UK is around 1 meaning case numbers are neither falling nor rising, as I said with no real restrictions in place. I think people are more cautious than before and for example mask wearing in supermarkets is about 99% even though it is voluntary. I think the biggest difference between July and now on that graph is that most 15 - 34 year olds are now vaccinated whereas in July it was only the over 50's. The impact on cases is very clear demonstrating just how effective the vaccine is.

1633945152198.png

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It has been demonstrated that viral shedding is reduced in vaccinated people. There is a difference between viral load and whether it is shed.

Longitudinal analysis of SARS-CoV-2 vaccine breakthrough infections reveal limited infectious virus shedding and restricted tissue distribution | medRxiv

Initial report of decreased SARS-CoV-2 viral load after inoculation with the BNT162b2 vaccine | Nature Medicine

There are two reasons for mandatory vaccinations in the workplace. Firstly the reduced shedding, and the linked benefit that this reduces the risk of onward transmission to vulnerable people. Secondly the incidence of severe illness in vaccinated people is hugely reduced which means in staff critical areas such as overwhelmed hospitals, less staff will be off sick and less patients will come in the door. With time that will probably change as COVID becomes just another endemic disease.

The vaccine has a significant impact on 'herd immunity' which is now shown to be the case in the UK and other countries. We have no restrictions in place here at all now and cases are static, death rates low. At no point before the vaccine was this possible. Our vaccine rate is 70% of the population, but nearly 95% of adults. We only vaccinate down to age 12
Reasonable summary. I think we are a little way ahead of the US and certainly unconstrained spread in the adult population seems like it is now not possible. Most of our cases are in children that are now back at school (60% are still not vaccinated yet) and a smaller spike in their parent age group which again were later to be vaccinated and so vaccine penetration is a little lower. But the R0 in the UK is around 1 meaning case numbers are neither falling nor rising, as I said with no real restrictions in place. I think people are more cautious than before and for example mask wearing in supermarkets is about 99% even though it is voluntary.

1633945152198.png
Outside of the unvaccinated children, do you have any data regarding the percentage of cases now occurring in the vaccinated vs unvaccinated?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
No real surprise and battery electric alternatives are as good if not better than petrol now.
Lets see how your electric powered generator works. Ca cannot supply enough electricity to meet demand as it is. Many rely on gas powered generators for when the rolling blackouts occur.

We are supposed to be psychic now. What you wrote before had a different meaning to what you wrote the second time. The only fruitcake is yourself for not checking what you wrote before you posted it.
It was obvious what he ment to anyone with even half a brain.

What is your policy advice? Vaccinate or not after natural infection, because as a government there has to be a policy.
Ummmm, no, only if you give up your right to choose for yourself.

Once, yes. But what about next time ....
Seiing as how I've been in large crowds of people not wearing masks since I recovered last Feb, I think I'm pretty well covered and getting it again is not a thing I'm worried about.
The vaccine has a significant impact on 'herd immunity' which is now shown to be the case in the UK and other countries.
We are not "chattel", ( Human beings considered property, that is, slaves.) you may be.....

The effect of climate change on weather patterns will also result in locally colder weather in a warming globe.
Since reality does not fit the narrative you must change the narrative to fit the reality......

Sponsored
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Since reality does not fit the narrative you must change the narrative to fit the reality......
Except that they’ve been telling us this for decades now. Maybe you just haven’t been paying attention because you don’t believe it’s real?

Tell me, what do climatologists predict with regard to snowfall? Try and be specific.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Tell me, what do climatologists predict with regard to snowfall? Try and be specific.
They are saying this winter will be colder than normal with greater than normal snowfall. We will see.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Lets see how your electric powered generator works. Ca cannot supply enough electricity to meet demand as it is. Many rely on gas powered generators for when the rolling blackouts occur.
I caught that too. How stupid.

I almost thought the link wasn't real.

So, will Amazon not deliver a gasser generator to CA? Seems like someone on a border state should set up a shop on the border. Big Al's Chain Saws and Generator Store

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Outside of the unvaccinated children, do you have any data regarding the percentage of cases now occurring in the vaccinated vs unvaccinated?
There are and I have copied the link below the table for deaths. Within 21 days of first dose the vaccine will have minimal effect so effectively unvaccinated in practice. I think the results speak for themselves of the dramatic benefit of vaccination on death rates. I find it impossible to comprehend how anybody can be antivax with data like this?

Vaccination statusDeaths involving
COVID-19
Non-COVID-19
deaths
COVID-19 deaths
as percent of
all deaths
All deaths regardless of vaccination status51,281214,70119.3
Unvaccinated 38,96465,17037.4
Deaths within 21 days of first dose4,38814,26523.5
Deaths 21 days or more after first dose 7,28966,5339.9
Deaths within 21 days of second dose18211,4701.6
Deaths 21 days or more after second dose 45857,2630.8

COVID-19 vaccine surveillance report - week 37 (publishing.service.gov.uk)

You need to read this carefully and understand that as the vaccination rates are very high in the UK inevitably more and more cases will in vaccinated people, if everybody was vaccinated then all cases would be in vaccinated people. However the overall rate of cases in vaccinated groups is lower. In the younger age group where there are currently more unvaccinated people the rate is about 3 times less if vaccinated compared to unvaccinated. There are very few unvaccinated people in the older age groups so data will be less reliable now.