Sponsored

ScanGrip SunMatch 3 Detailing Light

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
The disease that is detailing often has the infected chasing imperfections that needs the right light to see. A light such as the ScanGrip SunMatch 3 in fact. Strictly speaking, this light is generally used for inspecting paint imperfections before, during and after paint correction, however I see no reason why it couldn't be used for a variety of detailing or automotive tasks.

IMG-9314.jpg

IMG-9316.jpg

IMG-9318.jpg

IMG-9319.jpg

IMG-9320.jpg

If one was critical, this product could be called a somewhat expensive torch. Once you pick it up, feel the weight of it and turn it on you realize this is something else. Powered by a lithium-ion battery with up to 4 hours of continuous use, the SunMatch 3 is recharged via the supplied charger / storage base. The lighting output and source is also configurable depending the users requirements.

IMG-9326.jpg

IMG-9327.jpg

I also like the swiveling mounting hook and ultra strong magnet allowing the light to placed where it is needed.

IMG-9331.jpg

IMG-9336.jpg

And lastly but not least importantly, the thing just looks cool.
Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
You have indeed entered the The Detailing Octagon. Is that a newer version of the Neuraliser in case you see something in the paint you'd rather forget?

1618817691899.png

It does actually seem to be a double edged weapon. Would it be fair to say that unless one is entering a car show and vying for Best Paint, and has accordingly invested heavily in said paint, one could end up seeing a raft of things one wished one hadn't? But then maybe if you weren't detailing cars of that quality, and you probably are, you wouldn't have one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
You have indeed entered the The Detailing Octagon. Is that a newer version of the Neuraliser in case you see something in the paint you'd rather forget?

1618817691899.png

It does actually seem to be a double edged weapon in that unless one is entering a car show and vying for Best Paint, and has accordingly invested heavily in said paint, one could end up seeing a raft of things one wished one hadn't?
I know what you mean. Just look at all those swirls in my stainless steel sink I didn't know where that bad! :facepalm:

Now excuse me as I go and use the Neuraliser on the loudly barking dog next door...........

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
You guys crack me up. <grinning>

DBF: Yep, a good handheld light is indispensible and the model you posted looks an awful lot like my Astra. That's how those folks duit...change a little something here, something there, and put another label on it. :-) GREAT light, however.

1618829706713.png