Sponsored

Saw Tool Last Night (Concert Bucket List)

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Finally checked Tool off my concert bucket-list, and hopefully get to do it again some day. I've wanted to see them since I was 14-15, and I'm in my mid-30's now. The day I found out they were coming to Miami, I in the Ticketmaster queue the moment they went on sale.

First off - the production was every bit as amazing as the music. The set, the graphics, lighting, effects, etc. were top notch. You can tell they value the visual experience as much as the listening experience.

These guys play incredibly calculated. Like, rifle bolt precision. Maynard sounds every bit as amazing as listening to old live stuff from the early days. I was truly blown away by how good they sounded.

They are on the back-end of the Fear Inoculum tour and they mostly focused on music from that album. I knew this would be the case leading up to it, as I had been scanning the previous setlists. Of course, there are some MAJOR songs not present (Sober, Parabola, Lateralus, Schism, Forty Six and 2, Lateralus) but in no way was I disappointed. When they played Opiate, I really though we were going to collapse the stands.

Here is the setlist:

1644631082070.png

"Chocolate Chip Trip" is basically a period of time where Danny Carey smashes the leaving pee pee out of his drums and your innards reverberate, eardrums dance and you bang your head and fists uncontrollably.

I rate it a solid 10/10. Only thing that would top is is another Tool concert where they just play all the songs listed above that were missing. This was also my first concert since the pandemic started. The last concert I saw was Iron Maiden, in Oct 2019. That was an absolutely killer show as well. Way too long to go without these types of experiences!!!
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I had a buddy see them in Denver a few weeks back. Said it was amazing and pretty much sold out.

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Saw them in Toronto in Nov. 2019 just before covid. First time seeing them live and they put on a great show. Tried getting tickets to see them when they were in Buffalo a few months later but that's when things got shut down. I'll definitely see them again if I can.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I've been into them since their Opiate days, but have never seen them live. It's on the list...

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I saw TOOL during the first year Lalapalooza Tour in 1993 when they came to NJ and PA…. Freaking awesome show… Alice-N-Chains was awesome as well…. and The Red Hot Chili Peppers…

Been a fan of TOOL and Alice in Chains ever since.

Sponsored

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
I saw TOOL during the first year Lalapalooza Tour in 1993 when they came to NJ and PA…. Freaking awesome show… Alice-N-Chains was awesome as well…. and The Red Hot Chili Peppers…

i saw them on this tour as well... in Wheeling Wv of all places...lol

OP
OP

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

That would’ve been amazing.
Im a huge AIC fan.
Sponsored