Sponsored

Vibrating Rearview Mirror - 18 GT Premium w/ Safe and Smart

sijoko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have the 18 GT Premium with the Safe and Smart package which comes with a different style rearview mirror than what I had on my 16 GT Base. It has the lane watch camera on the windshield.

Anyway, around 75-80 mph the mirror begins to vibrate to the point that everything is blurry. The car feels smooth but for some reason I can feel vibes on the mirror body.

I put some black stick on wheel weights on the top of the mirror to dampen the vibes. It helped a bit but it still gets blurry at speeds over 80.

Anyone else with this problem? :shrug:
Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Mine vibrates and creates blurry images over anything but perfectly smooth terrain. I feel they will consider it 'normal' though because many cars are like that.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I had similar problem and a motor mount replacement fixed it

Rasn1320

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jer
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT premium 5.0 black accent pack, 3.55 gears
My 17 vibrates at highway driving,everything else is smooth

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Mine vibrates and creates blurry images over anything but perfectly smooth terrain. I feel they will consider it 'normal' though because many cars are like that.
Oh noooooo, so I've got that to looks forward to on our ordered GT. Thanks Ford, like my eyes aren't bad enough already. :)

Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
you feel no vibration in the steering wheel or the seat of your pants so to speak? I'm trying to rule out balance of wheel/tire.

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
My 2015 also has a slight blurry vibration at highway speeds in the inside rear view mirror. It has done it since day one, and there is no vibration anywhere else. I have installed aftermarket wheels and tires and that made no difference at all. I don't even notice it any more.

OP
OP

sijoko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My 16 had the rear view mirror with thicker edges. The 18 has almost a frameless design, very thin on the edge.

If I'm traveling fast and put my finger on the back of the mirror, I can feel the vibes.

I'm wondering if it is drivetrain related or maybe something to do with exhaust resonance.

I'll be doing some work to the rear subframe to take out the slop. I'm curious what effect it will have with my annoying problem.

Thanks guys for your input.

jefffrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
The mirror on my 16 GT also vibrates. Depending on the road surface, some times it’s pretty bad and other times it is hardly noticeable. Took it into the dealer and the said the screw was already tight (duh!). There was another post about someone who put some type of spacer between the mirror and the mount and that supposedly helped. Haven’t got around to trying it to see if it actually works.

Sponsored

G_Money_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PREM PP
The mirror on my 16 GT also vibrates. Depending on the road surface, some times it’s pretty bad and other times it is hardly noticeable. Took it into the dealer and the said the screw was already tight (duh!). There was another post about someone who put some type of spacer between the mirror and the mount and that supposedly helped. Haven’t got around to trying it to see if it actually works.
This. My 2015 had bad vibration issues. Dismounted and remounted the mirror and that fixed it. My 2018 doesn't have the issue so far.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
This. My 2015 had bad vibration issues. Dismounted and remounted the mirror and that fixed it. My 2018 doesn't have the issue so far.
Any trick to getting it to go? Looked at the repair manual and special tool is shown as usual. Mine has vibrated since day one. What did you do differently for the remount?

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
My 2018 GT rear mirror vibrates and has been since about 1300 miles on the ODO and I am at 34K miles now. When I touch behind the rear view mirror, I can feel the vibration causing the blurriness. I can feel a slight vibration (not shimmy) in the steering wheel and in the floor where my left foot rests. I have had the car tires balanced many times and rotated at well but the vibration does not change. It only gets worse as I go up in speed say 85-95 MPH and I cant stand it.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
I also have the same issue since the day i picked it up; vibration causing blurriness in the mirror...
Sponsored