Sponsored

S550 vs. 2016 C63 AMG Coupe

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Those AMG cars are beasts. I've ridden in a CLK 63 and it blew me away for a stock car. It would eat my Mustang GT for lunch. Major sleeper car if you aren't familiar with Benz badging.
Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Those AMG cars are beasts. I've ridden in a CLK 63 and it blew me away for a stock car. It would eat my Mustang GT for lunch. Major sleeper car if you aren't familiar with Benz badging.
With the mustang, i would stay away from any AMG except the CLA45 AMG! One of my dream car is a limited edition Brabus SL65 AMG!

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
With the mustang, i would stay away from any AMG except the CLA45 AMG! One of my dream car is a limited edition Brabus SL65 AMG!
The SL65 is a very awesome car!

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
IMO I think its awesome we can even remotely compare our mustangs to M cars and AMG cars. a few years ago I would have laughed at this thread title

HoustonMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red EcoBoost Premium with 20" wheels...
IMO I think its awesome we can even remotely compare our mustangs to M cars and AMG cars. a few years ago I would have laughed at this thread title
There's definitively a few similarities... both are rear wheel drive & have steering wheels!

:lol:

Sponsored

HoustonMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red EcoBoost Premium with 20" wheels...

Speaking of long hood & short deck styling per the classic muscle car profile....

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
There's definitively a few similarities... both are rear wheel drive & have steering wheels!

:lol:
I actually don't like the benz at all. I love the last body style c63, maybe this one just needs to grow on me

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The CLA45:
0-60 4.2
1/4 mile 12.8

That wouldn't be an easy one either! A factory car with 26 psi boost on a 2.0.

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
The CLA45:
0-60 4.2
1/4 mile 12.8

That wouldn't be an easy one either! A factory car with 26 psi boost on a 2.0.
I girl here locally has one, with an exhaust and I believe some bolt ons, her dad owns RENNtech. impressive car but can't get over the exhaust note :shrug:

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I don't really see it with the C class. I do see a lot of Aston design cues though.. the first time I saw and drove an s550, the overall feel was very Aston like IMO. It's like a mix of my two favorite cars. Sold.

Fun fact: The base GT350 wheels appear to be the exact same wheel mold that are/have been an option on a few Astons.

Also be on the lookout for Carbon Dynamic's project.. front clip that looks very much like a Vanquish. I'll be going this route when available.

Too sexy.
Where can we get that front splitter? Its the best i ve ever seen!

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
Both cars look very similar and are beautiful in their own right. The difference in cost comes when you see the difference in quality between the 2 cars. There is simply 0 comparison.

I don't think the C AMG will be cross shopped with a 350 very much at all. People buying MB aren't looking for track focused cars with stripped interiors. They want the balls to the wall with the luxury that goes with the name Mercedes Benz.

May be slightly off topic but what the hell: A ton of people (not necessarily here) hate on others that have expensive cars as if they are bad people. Those owners in many cases lived off of ramen noodles and went many days without sleep or food in order to build businesses or streams of income to be able to afford these cars.

MODS: Feel free to delete my micro rant if it is too far off topic.
Agree 1000%. I'm coming from a 2013 BMW 335i and the 1st car I drove was a Mercedes C63 AMG and the thing is a beast. Interior is amazing and the handling blows away the Mustang as does my BMW.

Fully equipped they were $85,000 plus and no dealer discounts and crap Mercedes lease rates. The car is plush, elegant, fast and loud. This AMG engine is awesome.

I just had an expensive car and this time just wanted a nice V8 without the high price, expensive repairs and just something different that would be fun to mod (cheaply) and fun to drive. Too bad Ford doesn't make the Shelby with a nice interior because I would have bought one... Hint hint. So I will enjoy my Mustang GT for a while ans see what comes out the next couple of years.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
But at the end of the day...they're still Mustang's!

Comparing a Aventador with a hoped-up Mustang...spare me! :lol:

I agree. Anything can be made fast, but a Mustang will never have the exclusivity of an exotic. Besides, the Lambo is light years ahead in regard to how it's built. Is the Mustang built with a monocoque carbon fiber shell? Does it have AWD? Does it have an inboard horizontal shock setup? Does Ford hand sand and hand paint their cars, and then spend 3 days polishing an S550 before it leaves the factory? All nope. I can go on. It is simply another class of car. It is wicked fast stock and looks better than most anything on the road. If I could spend $80k on a Mustang I would not, but to each his own. It would be a colossally bad investment. Fun yes, but burning money.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Who ever said anything about exclusive? Basically your saying the entire hobbie of hot rodding is a bad investment. So all that sh!t you have listed in your sig is basically stupid. Right? Nothing in your sig is hand made or hand polished. Is it? The discussion was about out performing an exotic. Not about out spending the rich douche bag that has the money to buy an exotic! People that start a sentence with "at the end of the day" are the same guys that think their mustangs are better than hopped up Hondas or eco boosts because they spent a little more on them. There also the same guys that would leave a car show if a Lambo parked next to them after they spent all day polishing their car. Because of an inferiority complex. Sorry but I'm not leaving the car show because somebody parks a more expensive car next to mine. My Mustang is badass and has 50 years of heratige to back it up! I'm also not going to say well it's still just a Honda after I just got smoked in a drag race by a hopped up civic.

Last edited:

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
The discussion was about out performing an exotic. Not about out spending the rich douche bag that has the money to buy an exotic!
So... anyone who can afford an exotic is now a douchebag?
Sponsored