Sponsored

S550 vs. 2016 C63 AMG Coupe

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
Both cars look very similar and are beautiful in their own right. The difference in cost comes when you see the difference in quality between the 2 cars. There is simply 0 comparison.

I don't think the C AMG will be cross shopped with a 350 very much at all. People buying MB aren't looking for track focused cars with stripped interiors. They want the balls to the wall with the luxury that goes with the name Mercedes Benz.

May be slightly off topic but what the hell: A ton of people (not necessarily here) hate on others that have expensive cars as if they are bad people. Those owners in many cases lived off of ramen noodles and went many days without sleep or food in order to build businesses or streams of income to be able to afford these cars.

MODS: Feel free to delete my micro rant if it is too far off topic.
Sponsored

HoustonMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red EcoBoost Premium with 20" wheels...
Both cars look very similar and are beautiful in their own right. The difference in cost comes when you see the difference in quality between the 2 cars. There is simply 0 comparison.

I don't think the C AMG will be cross shopped with a 350 very much at all. People buying MB aren't looking for track focused cars with stripped interiors. They want the balls to the wall with the luxury that goes with the name Mercedes Benz.

May be slightly off topic but what the hell: A ton of people (not necessarily here) hate on others that have expensive cars as if they are bad people. Those owners in many cases lived off of ramen noodles and went many days without sleep or food in order to build businesses or streams of income to be able to afford these cars.

MODS: Feel free to delete my micro rant if it is too far off topic.
Very well spoken!

I absolutely agree with you!

This is a country that allows the opportunity to earn a great living... and enjoy the automotive play-toys of his or her choice!

:amen:

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Not I'm not kidding. And I am confused by your post haha. I said if you put 80k into a GT you're murdering a Lamborghini.
Check the fast list on this forum. 10.8 ain't shit! But yes a supercharger will do the trick and you still have another 30-40 grand for suspension and other goodies. I was merely making a point that the S550 is a 30K car and one is a 70K car to begin with! And since there's no disclaimers in the VS section of this forum. I expect the next thread to actually compare a S550 VS. a Lambo since money is no object and there is no disclaimers in the VS section.:doh:
Sorry, I may have been misunderstood.
What I meant to say is that you dont even need to spend 80K (all in) for a Mustang to beat a lambo. 8-10K (max 12-15K) in parts will see it cream any lambo in anything other than the useless top speed. I think we're saying the same thing here!

American

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT / 17 GT350
I don't really see it with the C class. I do see a lot of Aston design cues though.. the first time I saw and drove an s550, the overall feel was very Aston like IMO. It's like a mix of my two favorite cars. Sold.

Fun fact: The base GT350 wheels appear to be the exact same wheel mold that are/have been an option on a few Astons.

Also be on the lookout for Carbon Dynamic's project.. front clip that looks very much like a Vanquish. I'll be going this route when available.

Too sexy.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Sorry, I may have been misunderstood.
What I meant to say is that you dont even need to spend 80K (all in) for a Mustang to beat a lambo. 8-10K (max 12-15K) in parts will see it cream any lambo in anything other than the useless top speed. I think we're saying the same thing here!
LOL yes we were! I took your confusing post. Added my retard to yours and Wala! More confusion:D

Sponsored

Skatz5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Vader Special
Nope. We don't get to do anything. But thanks for your opinions on everything. What do you wanna compare next? Mustang Vs. Fusion? Naw that ones been done to death. Since were talking strictly looks in this thread now. How bout Mustang VS. Aston Martin? Cost is no object according to you and these cars look a lot more similar than the original comparison to a Mercedes.
not sure. ill make sure to start a new thread when i come up with something though. the intention of this thread as far as i understand it was a chat about a similarity between the appearance of two vehicles. apparently thats not allowed (unless they can be cross shopped of course) so you came along and did what trolls do. keep making up prices and reasons to suit your points as you see fit, yet you want to sit back and compare a mustang and a lambo because you can build one to run a faster 1/4. wheres the relevance there? :shrug:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
not sure. ill make sure to start a new thread when i come up with something though. the intention of this thread as far as i understand it was a chat about a similarity between the appearance of two vehicles. apparently thats not allowed (unless they can be cross shopped of course) so you came along and did what trolls do. keep making up prices and reasons to suit your points as you see fit, yet you want to sit back and compare a mustang and a lambo because you can build one to run a faster 1/4. wheres the relevance there? :shrug:
LOL and your the one that said it couldn't be done. Like you were speaking fact. Yea I'm the troll. Just let it die. Or at least do a little research before you decide to correct me about things you don't understand! So chat away about what car looks like another car. Everyone argue about what looks better. At least Nobody's right or wrong with that little chat.:doh:

Last edited:

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Mustang do look little similar to the Aston Martin. But just look at this freaking car, its simply elegant and beautiful!
image.jpeg

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
Mustang do look little similar to the Aston Martin. But just look at this freaking car, its simply elegant and beautiful!
Can't wait until the new Astons start rolling out.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
True. But the mustang actually looks better from the front in my opinion. The Aston is a tad sleeker on the side. Way better in the back.

It's good inspiration.

Certainly better than taking cues from Toyota, Nissan, etc.

Still I hope they do a away with the faux huge grill and do something that combines form and function.

Sponsored

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4
I didn't realize they copied the Fangs from Aston too. Ouch ;)

OP
OP
6g Smoke Show

6g Smoke Show

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
To me, the Aston Martin is a leaner, lower, smoother, super model, all around better version of the Mustang. Seeing how Ford owned a significant portion of Aston Martin for a while, I'm sure you had some spill over into designs. There are a lot of traits that seemed to be taken from Aston Martins and used on the new S550. Thats definitely a win for the Mustang. It's the same thing Ford did with the Fusion / Mondeo. All of the car makers steal from each other. Pretty soon, just about every car will look the same. You've got to remember that car aren't planned, designed put into production over night. It take several years for this to happen, so most of the new designs we seeing coming out begin at least 4 years ago. No only if they could speed that process up to 1 year, you'd really see awe inspired cars. Because the automakers wouldn't be able to piggy back or duplicate another success.

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
According to the 2015 Mustang launch book, the Fusion's front end was actually ported over from the Mustang, not the other way around, and the designer in charge caught some flak from Team Mustang for it. Apparently while the Mustang was still under general design, someone nicked the front end from one of the sketches and put it on a Fusion. If the book is right, that is.

rgingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T/Auto/50-yr/FRT
As far as looks go...... 2-dr sports coupes look similar; however, the large front hood and small back is definitely the "look" targeted by Mustangs for many years. Check this "Aston Martin" link out........

http://www.mustangecoboost.net/threads/the-mustang-impression.1280/

British sports cars are derived form the early "British roadster look". Most of what is said above is true..... they do copy each other over the years. By the way, Mercedes is well known (outside the U.S.) as a "taxi" fleet car. In the U.S. their marketing people have successfully created a hyper-luxury appeal (snob appeal) for their line. :ford:

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
As far as looks go...... 2-dr sports coupes look similar; however, the large front hood and small back is definitely the "look" targeted by Mustangs for many years. Check this "Aston Martin" link out........

http://www.mustangecoboost.net/threads/the-mustang-impression.1280/

British sports cars are derived form the early "British roadster look". Most of what is said above is true..... they do copy each other over the years. By the way, Mercedes is well known (outside the U.S.) as a "taxi" fleet car. In the U.S. their marketing people have successfully created a hyper-luxury appeal (snob appeal) for their line. :ford:
Did he just spelled Aston Martin as Astin Martin?:eyebulge:
Sponsored