S550 vs. 2016 C63 AMG Coupe

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4
im not sure what you could possibly mean by that. apparently its too much for you to comprehend a mid 9 second 04 cobra and a low 8 second 67 can be hand built(not paying a shop) for reasonable money. and @HoustonMustang you couldn't pay me to drive one of those jackass lambos. I think they look like shit and aren't worth their weight in scrap. I enjoy American cars :ford:

but then again I keep forgetting this is a forum where guys post threads asking how to do sound tube deletes, and think that stock 4 cylinder mustangs are performance vehicles. lets talk about fast cars when your dyno sheets have a comma in them.
:cheers:

:headbang:

Any engine bay pics or links to build?
Sponsored

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
:cheers:

:headbang:

Any engine bay pics or links to build?
both are grudge cars, so I don't really advertise the builds. the cobra is e85, whipple 2.9, and a highly efficient motor to say the least. went on a nice diet as well. lots of tricks and tons of knowledge went into the build, ive got great friends at AED. the 67 is a big turbo small block on e85, blow thru non intercooled, with a stock style clutch toploader and 9". weighs nothing and hooks like a beast. actually very streetable.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
im not sure what you could possibly mean by that. apparently its too much for you to comprehend a mid 9 second 04 cobra and a low 8 second 67 can be hand built(not paying a shop) for reasonable money. and @HoustonMustang you couldn't pay me to drive one of those jackass lambos. I think they look like shit and aren't worth their weight in scrap. I enjoy American cars :ford:

but then again I keep forgetting this is a forum where guys post threads asking how to do sound tube deletes, and think that stock 4 cylinder mustangs are performance vehicles. lets talk about fast cars when your dyno sheets have a comma in them.
Houston is the same guy that thinks his C300 station wagon is a sports cars. And complains about his stock ecoboost with automatic transmission not being sporty..:doh:

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
But at the end of the day...they're still Mustang's!

Comparing a Aventador with a hoped-up Mustang...spare me! :lol:
I would take a hoped-up mustang over an Aventador any day.

Yearly maintenance, modified parts, tires, etc. are stupid ridiculous.

My dream 100k+ plus car would be a dodge viper or a porsche GT3.

Skatz5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Vader Special
Ok. debating what something looks like is like debating what something tastes like. Mustangs wins that comparison on this forum.;)
so i guess we should rename the forum mustang vs. (anything as long as it can be cross shopped and only when referring to performance numbers)

Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
i personally see no connection between the two.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Has anyone else noticed how much the new C63 resembles the S550? Practically the same silhouette? The hood has the same creases and the fronts could almost be exchanged without much notice. The major differences are the taillights and size of the actual car. The C63 is slightly smaller.
Whoa. At first glance, I thought the white car at the top WAS the S550. But the oversized, lazily designed read quarter Window gives it away. That just looks terrible on an otherwise nice looking car.
To be fair though, there are only so many directions to go with a fastback roofline. And trying to be both curvy and angular seems quite the challenge.

Last edited:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I would take a hoped-up mustang over an Aventador any day.

Yearly maintenance, modified parts, tires, etc. are stupid ridiculous.

My dream 100k+ plus car would be a dodge viper or a porsche GT3.
Lol. I was just going to say that owning a lambo is more like owning a completely aftermarket car to begin with.

But you look way cooler driving the lambo.

I'm much more a Mustang fan than a lambo fan. But I'll admit either the huracan or agents for are some the coolest LOOKING cars I've ever laid eyes on. And they're pretty dang fast too.

Yet the idea was that you could modify an S550 to whoop a lambo in performance. And that is quite simply true.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
so i guess we should rename the forum mustang vs. (anything as long as it can be cross shopped and only when referring to performance numbers)
Nope. We don't get to do anything. But thanks for your opinions on everything. What do you wanna compare next? Mustang Vs. Fusion? Naw that ones been done to death. Since were talking strictly looks in this thread now. How bout Mustang VS. Aston Martin? Cost is no object according to you and these cars look a lot more similar than the original comparison to a Mercedes.
2015-aston-martin-vanquish-front-driving-black.jpg
2015-Black-Ford-Mustang.jpg

Sponsored

HoustonMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red EcoBoost Premium with 20" wheels...
Houston is the same guy that thinks his C300 station wagon is a sports cars. And complains about his stock ecoboost with automatic transmission not being sporty..:doh:
You're funny...maybe adding non-functional Roush hood & side scopes would have provided a sportier feel to my '15 S550 Ecoboost... ;)

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
This was our 2012 BMW 6 Coupe we ordered when new! Did the Mustang copy these lines ??? Weird, only loads upside down!!!!
image.jpg

Last edited:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
You're funny...maybe adding non-functional Roush hood & side scopes would have provided a sportier feel to my '15 S550 Ecoboost... ;)
That or a V8.;)