S550 recall: brake fluid indicator

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
Mine also on the list. Ford has not contacted me yet. 15k service due soon, so likely to do it then.

Ozcraig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Coupe
My 2017 was recalled for the rear camera thing. I was already booked in for service so rang them and asked for the recall item to be done at that time. "Oh no", says the service dept, "we'll need to book that in on another date."

Picked up the car, and the recall had been attended to. Ten minute job at most. Sounds like they wanted to bill Ford for a longer service.

I suggest pushing for it when you book your service to avoid having to go back at a time that suits them.

Jose1962

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2015
Doing mine on Jan 4 was told it’s a 1 to 4 hr job when it’s only a flash to computer

Sponsored

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
I got the recall letter in the mail today. I suppose it's important if you never check your master cylinder fluid level, but unless something catastrophic occurs where you lose a lot of fluid quickly, it's not a major "gotta do it now" recall. I'll probably get to it in time when the shop isn't that busy so I can get it in and out quickly. I check all my fluids weekly (except the ATF of course) so should be fine for now.

Mels21GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Melvin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Got mine yesterday, car has been at the dealer for 3 weeks now. Hope it doesn't add an extra week :curse:
Sponsored