Sponsored

S550 pricing, what do you think?

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I paid $38,750 (plus $199.95 dealer fee) for a very late in the model year special order 2018 301A Mustang GT PP2 with cloth Recaros and active exhaust. MSRP was $47,080. I thought it was a pretty good deal at the time. I guess I had no idea just how good of a deal it turned out to be. 3 1/2 years and 20K miles later, I honestly don’t think I would take $38,750 for it today. Unprecedented times we’re living in for sure.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I'm talking MSRP pricing. Anyone who pays ADM for a regular Mustang must really want one.

That's fine, but the rest of the world doesn't live in your bubble.

Mustang fit & finish is certainly not top tier but it is not trash either. And pricing has nothing to do with it. My wife's old Escape F&F was better than my Mustangs and its base is under he Mustang. The real issue is Flat Rock. But they do not seem to care all that much so I do not foresee much improvement on the 2022 or the S650.
Why would they when folks are lining up and paying over msrp for them with this level of fit/finish.

As for the aveg. price of vehicles, lets see what happens when the economy tanks , and they can't go lower on the interest rates to make people think they are getting a deal.
Bet the Average selling price drop 10-15k .

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No seriously all the ones I have seen very little if any orange peel. As a former dealership painter I am blown away.
It is thin as hell. take A micron/ mil gauge to it.
Thin never last. EVER unless the car is garaged 95% of it's life.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Why would they when folks are lining up and paying over msrp for them with this level of fit/finish.
What dealers sell cars for has zero impact on the build quality of those cars. The issue is Flat Rock, plain and simple.

As for the aveg. price of vehicles, lets see what happens when the economy tanks , and they can't go lower on the interest rates to make people think they are getting a deal.
Bet the Average selling price drop 10-15k .
If the economy tanks there will be an even greater shortage of cars. So long as demand is greater than supply pricing will stay high.

But back to Mustang’s. When compared to the rest of the industry our cars are not overpriced and offer tremendous bang for the buck.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What dealers sell cars for has zero impact on the build quality of those cars. The issue is Flat Rock, plain and simple.

If the economy tanks there will be an even greater shortage of cars. So long as demand is greater than supply pricing will stay high.

But back to Mustang’s. When compared to the rest of the industry our cars are not overpriced and offer tremendous bang for the buck.
Come on man, if people looking at mustangs while looking them over and/or test drives complained about the fit /finish etc. and were not buying they fix it. no matter what the dealers want for the cars.
But as long as people are buying them, FORD has no reason to invest in fixin the issue.
economy tanks, prices will fall as the oem's will have to drop the bloated profit margin built into the msrp . when the factory READ FORD offers 10k plus off trucks and suv's, the margin is bloated. that will go bye bye to move units if economy tanks. Ford will be willing to earn a ten spot for a truck if doing so keeps that best selling blah blah blah label.

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Fit and finish is typical Ford. It's above GM, but somewhat below Honda and Toyota. I bought my 2017 F150 brand new and the doors on one side were misaligned from the factory. The other panels are only marginally correct, honestly. Ford paid the body shop to fix the alignment, but it has always kinda rubbed me the wrong way. There are also lots of F150 guys who have issues with water intrusion in the cabin. I sometimes smell wet/musty in the truck after it rains, but haven't figured out from where, yet. I seriously doubt Tundra owners have that issue.

Ford has room to improve.

FWIW, if the Supra were priced in the 40's, it would be a hard choice between that and a GT. The worst part about that car is that it's way too BMW, haha.
Sponsored