S550 lightweight rotors

Blk16 GTPP1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance pack
is anyone aware of a lighter weight 1 piece brake rotor available for s550 pp1 Brembo car (380 mm)? Or an affordable set of 2 piece? I’m aware of Eradispeed, Girodisc and Steeda rotors
Sponsored

OP
OP

Blk16 GTPP1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance pack
I’m aware that the one piece wouldn’t be as light as a 2 piece - just asking are there any more affordable 2 piece versions -or- a lighter than most - one piece option. Oem’s and the replacement drilled ones I’ve already bought a little while ago are both 32-33 lbs. the Eradispeed and Girodisc are $5-600 each which is crazy to me. Gotta be something in between a $100 1 piece replacement and the 5-$600 ea 2 piece. If not there needs to be some company that steps up to fill this hole in the market

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
is anyone aware of a lighter weight 1 piece brake rotor available for s550 pp1 Brembo car (380 mm)? Or an affordable set of 2 piece? I’m aware of Eradispeed, Girodisc and Steeda rotors
I have the Kenny Brown Performance rotors. Nothing cheap about 2 piece, no matter who makes them.

LethalSteveG

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Saleen Yellow Label
Sadly as others have said, 2-piece rotors do cost a lot more. No way around it either. Any replacement 1-piece will weigh about the same. It's just the material they use and if it's zinc coated that will change.

With that said, we work with tons of brands so if you need help, let us know!
www.lethalperformance.com

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Look for a sale… black friday, etc. thats probably your best option to get a deal on 2-peice rotors.

i’m on the steedas. They did not drop as much weight as I hoped, but my old rotors were pretty worn, and that wear may account for *some* of the delta. Otherwise I’ve been happy with them.
Dont expect much of a difference in feel or accel from just the rotors. If you combine with other mods (forged lw wheels, lighter tires) if may all stack up.
Sponsored