Sponsored

S550 in video games

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Just wondering if any of you have driven an s550 in a video game that actually felt like your car.

I drove on in Forza 5 the other night and it was terrible. The brakes were very weak and the under steer was was over dramatized. I wonder if they do this to fit the muscle car sterotype many assume of a mustang. I know my brakes would slow me down a lot faster than the spongey ones portrayed in the game
Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
If you want something that feels real, please try a simulation racing game, e.g. iRacing, rfactor 2, assetto corsa. Not Forza.

Also, get a wheel and pedal set like Fanatec or Thrustmaster, don’t use a game controller or a keyboard .

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It's a fvcking video game.............there's a reason why race car drivers drive the real thing and not Forza to get a feel of a car. :doh:

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Assetto Corsa has an S550 modeled on the stock GTPP and it is a pretty damn good rendition of what a stock PP drives like.

And for those who think racing simulators are games with no value to driving a real car, apparently you're unaware of the fact that every team that competes in every top tier racing series (eg F1, Cup, Indycar) makes extensive use of racing simulators and have dedicated sim drivers in house. What do you think Alex Bowman, who is driving the 88 for Hendrick, did for the last 2 years? There are racing "games", for the consoles you plug into your TV that your kids play, and there are racing simulators that you run on high end computers that closely model real world dynamics.

Sponsored

WattsND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 V6, 2018 GT Premium
The S550 was my go to in Gran Turismo Sport. Nothing spectacular, but it was fun.

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
Xbox One Forza 6 on my projector with a 135" screen.Great fun when my car is in winter storage :)
N.jpg

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Sheesh, I haven't driven a Mustang video game car since the S197 in Need for Speed.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Assetto Corsa has an S550 modeled on the stock GTPP and it is a pretty damn good rendition of what a stock PP drives like.

And for those who think racing simulators are games with no value to driving a real car, apparently you're unaware of the fact that every team that competes in every top tier racing series (eg F1, Cup, Indycar) makes extensive use of racing simulators and have dedicated sim drivers in house. What do you think Alex Bowman, who is driving the 88 for Hendrick, did for the last 2 years? There are racing "games", for the consoles you plug into your TV that your kids play, and there are racing simulators that you run on high end computers that closely model real world dynamics.
While I agree that racing simulators are not the same as video games and do have some value - to infer that Alex Bowman is racing for Hendrick now because of iRacing or another sim is a bit disingenuous - the guy's been racing competitively since he was 5 or 6 years old.

As someone who grew up on dirt tracks and still keeps in touch with several guys who race / own / field cars it seems most of the advantages of the simulators involve their accurate virtual recreations of different tracks, which allows drivers become familiar with the tracks and gives them a leg up when testing in the real world.

I haven't messed with one in a year or so, but if they ever get the dirt track physics right on the simulators, I'd have another setup in a minute.

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
While I agree that racing simulators are not the same as video games and do have some value - to infer that Alex Bowman is racing for Hendrick now because of iRacing or another sim is a bit disingenuous - the guy's been racing competitively since he was 5 or 6 years old.

As someone who grew up on dirt tracks and still keeps in touch with several guys who race / own / field cars it seems most of the advantages of the simulators involve their accurate virtual recreations of different tracks, which allows drivers become familiar with the tracks and gives them a leg up when testing in the real world.

I haven't messed with one in a year or so, but if they ever get the dirt track physics right on the simulators, I'd have another setup in a minute.
Don't know about dirt track physics but the road course are pretty good now. But I always remind myself it's still just a simulation, and it'll never be the same when sitting in a real car on the track, not just the physics, but also all the other senses one is experiencing: the vibration, the smell, the tension, all that can't be simulated. And of course I know there are rigs that can simulate motion. But again, tilting the rig to simulate g force when turning won't be the same as being pushed to the side when turning in a real car.

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt
The newest need for speed payback has a s550, ~90, and a 65.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Layout

Referencing for the layout of the circuit can be very helpful, I'd enjoy my job driving in the Texas hill country to client's houses more if I knew the route I was taking with GPS. I'm having a great time driving 200 miles a day up and down and all around the Hill country.
tn_20180325_112309.jpg

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Not S550 but Fortnite has prop classic mustangs and a Mustang taillight glider with sequential signals when you turn left or right/brake. Also, theres a John Wick skin.
Sponsored