Sponsored

S550 aftermarket is gonna explode

fastback69

Isn't it funny that Dave P told everyone that Ford is trying to put out the best stock Mustang it can and leave little to no room for post-title when that seems to be the exact opposite of what happened? I predict the aftermarket is gonna benefit huge from the way Ford offered up the S550 to the public.

Seems to me that they provided everyone with a whole package of unlocked potential. Stock numbers have not impressed me but those dyno numbers after a simple exhaust swap, adding a tune etc have me seriously excited.

Now if only we could get a REAL track pack.
Sponsored

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
Ford will never offer an engine with its full potential met. It is silly to think that they are leaving no room for Aftermarket. In order to do that, the car would cost 60 Grand, easy... besides that, the aftermarket guys are very creative and can easily find some untapped potential in anything that comes out.

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
There will ALWAYS be room for the aftermarket. Hell the Mustang basically spawned the aftermarket in the 80s and 90s didn't it? Isn't it the or one of the most customized cars in the world? Always will be, people want to individualize their performance cars, especially at the price level the Mustang is offered in.

OP
OP

fastback69

I know that's always true what im noticing is even more left on the table than in the past. Seems highly detuned or power restricted, as if almost done on purpose.

Nick@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teamjdm.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tremor
Isn't it funny that Dave P told everyone that Ford is trying to put out the best stock Mustang it can and leave little to no room for post-title when that seems to be the exact opposite of what happened? I predict the aftermarket is gonna benefit huge from the way Ford offered up the S550 to the public.

Seems to me that they provided everyone with a whole package of unlocked potential. Stock numbers have not impressed me but those dyno numbers after a simple exhaust swap, adding a tune etc have me seriously excited.

Now if only we could get a REAL track pack.
This happens time and time again. When you build/create something there is a lot of pride that goes into it. The guys involved with the S550 project or any project for that matter are the ones who get to see the project from concept to birth.

We as the general public only get to see what they want us to see and then the final product which may be perfect in the eyes of the creator. Naturally us aftermarket guys want to get involved and perform our own R&D to see what the new Ford Technology can really do. I am sure some of the creators of the S550 cringe when they hear about and see some of the things we do to their cars.

It may very well be one of the very best "stock" Mustang that has been produced that appeals to a mass market of people in over 120 different countries. But that is not to say the aftermarket will not find room for improvements that will appeal to the smaller tuner segment of the market.

Sponsored

oldlugs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Bullitt & '09 KR
Ford will never offer an engine with its full potential met. It is silly to think that they are leaving no room for Aftermarket. In order to do that, the car would cost 60 Grand, easy... besides that, the aftermarket guys are very creative and can easily find some untapped potential in anything that comes out.
Exactly what ^ he said. Mustang has always been considered more or less to be one of the best American "hobby" cars, and sort of a blank canvas for enthusiastic artists. Aftermarket support has always been extremely strong for Mustang, and that's what helps to make it a perennial favorite.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
V6 aftermarket should be nice. They didn't offer up a lot for it....= lots of aftermarket potential...entry model or not (which it really isn't)

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
V6 aftermarket should be nice. They didn't offer up a lot for it....= lots of aftermarket potential...entry model or not (which it really isn't)
I'm curious to see how the V6 aftermarket develops really. The quantity of V6's sold will be far less than in the past with the EB taking the lion's share of that market, if for no other reason than Ford is going to push that one with rebates if it has to.

If they don't sell many above and beyond the Rental market, will the aftermarket really invest their money into making custom parts for it?
Sponsored