Sponsored

Is anyone gonna buy one used or CPO?

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
None of that should apply to any late model or CPO car in the first 5 years of its life (or under 80k mi). Heck, most of those cars come with time left on the factory warranty, a CPO extended warranty, or both.
It might be a psychological thing. I hear "used" and I think "like my 20 year old Mercedes or my 30 year old Corolla" and just start seeing a never-ending stream of repair bills that add up to more than the cost of the car within the first six months of ownership.
Sponsored

OP
OP
K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
It might be a psychological thing. I hear "used" and I think "like my 20 year old Mercedes or my 30 year old Corolla" and just start seeing a never-ending stream of repair bills that add up to more than the cost of the car within the first six months of ownership.
That's exactly what it is. It's a psychological thing. Perhaps a feeling of a superiority/inferiority complex may have something to do with it, when someone says that they factory ordered their car, compared to finding and buying one used.

NitroMustang65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Me - when people start trading in their '15 GTs for the GT350, I'll be there.

Heracles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deciding...
That's exactly what it is. It's a psychological thing. Perhaps a feeling of a superiority/inferiority complex may have something to do with it, when someone says that they factory ordered their car, compared to finding and buying one used.
Lol.. Such am American way to think. The correct way to think:
"I'm buying used because I don't even have the money to buy this outright and have to finance it"

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Dude, it's a car. Keeping up w/ the Jones' mentality is a one-way ticket to financial hardship.

Guy w/ a focus covets a Mustang, guy w/ Mustang covets a BMW, BMW - Aston, Aston - Ferrari, Ferrari - Rolls Royce, etc.

If you have a small pee pee, at least don't overtly act like it's small...that's what I try to do at least. ;)

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Dude, it's a car. Keeping up w/ the Jones' mentality is a one-way ticket to financial hardship.
This.

Basically what I was getting at, but apparently failed to convey.....

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
It just gets really, really old to have to be replacing pumps and belts and hoses and suspension components every two hundred miles.

Where in the world are you getting a 1 year old car with a few thousand miles on the clock that has all of those problems? The C in CPO doesn't mean crackhead I'm pretty sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
You are very fortunate to have a 2014 vehicle while in college. When I started college in 1985, I was driving a $400 1972 Ford LTD with 140,000 miles. My second year in college(1987) I bought a 1970 Monte Carlo for $600 that had 120,000 miles on it. I drove it as a daily driver until 1993 when I bought my first new vehicle.

Be glad for what you do have because a lot of people are not so fortunate.

Wayne

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
# 7 was a white manual who went to a ford exec. He is retiring this year. Not bill ford. Bill ford had number 1 and it was a blue manual

Sponsored
OP
OP
K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
# 7 was a white manual who went to a ford exec. He is retiring this year. Not bill ford. Bill ford had number 1 and it was a blue manual
Thanks SVTFreak, glad to finally have that mystery solved.:cheers:

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, MR2 Spyder, Sea Doo HX
I think the CPO Mustangs are a better buy than brand new. I had a very hard time deciding between a 2012 or 2013 CPO Boss and my brand new 2015 GT. In the end I decided I wanted the brand new car, but I am in my 40s and just now getting my first Mustang. For you, at your age, the CPO car will be less expensive and comes with a significantly better warranty.

Enjoy your ST for now, that's a really nice college car. Graduate, get yourself employed first. The S550 GT is going to be around for at least 5 yrs, you have plenty of time to get a CPO one or custom order a brand new one!

hailstate94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Used car repair worries. Given I drive a civic, but got that thing with 35,000 miles up to 170,000 only thing that ever has gone wrong was I fried the computer. And i beat the living sh!t out of the damn thing. Like 100+ mph runs a couple times a week (measly 120ish hp car lol), e brake pulls all over the place, and back roads driving where it stays close to redline nearly everyday.

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
When I was in college I drove a 10 year old Subaru GL (back when they were not cool cars, Google a 1984 Subaru GL coupe) and continued to drive it after college. Ordered my first new car five years after graduation, the Sooby had 245k miles on it by then.

I told myself I'd buy my dream car once all my student loans were paid off. Took 5 years, but then I ordered a new Mustang GT convertible which made it all worthwhile.

Nestang

Threads
Reaction score
Well at least you have a 14, I'm getting my first and new 15 either a V6 or a gt, depends on the lease (I'm in college too)
Sponsored