K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
Well at least you have a 14, I'm getting my first and new 15 either a V6 or a gt, depends on the lease (I'm in college too)
If you get a V6, will you let me know how it is?
Sponsored

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
If you get a V6, will you let me know how it is?
I'm picking up a v6 today with 3.55 gears and will give you first impressions later today if you want.

OP
OP
K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
I'm picking up a v6 today with 3.55 gears and will give you first impressions later today if you want.
Yes please! I like my Turbo-4, but I love a naturally aspirated motor much more! V6 or V8, I'll take what I can afford in the future. :D:thumbsup:

I do have some questions though about the V6 cars beforehand:

1. How's the interior quality compared to the upper trim(Eco and GT trims), I know the normal aluminum bar is some sorta plastic or something, but how does it look?

2. Manual or auto? How does the clutch feel if auto?

3. How's the car handle? And how is the power? Is the torque in the lower or higher rpms?

4. Any performance plans for the car?

hailstate94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I dont understand why all you college people dont buy a cheap car with no payments. I poor enough after gas and insurance. I sure as hell dont need a car payment

elohel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
minivan
Be smart with your money, man. Cars are an expensive hobby that can totally derail you financially. I'm doing pretty well for myself, I'm 25 and earn low 50's a year (just took a new job with a decline in pay :( ), and I have over $100,000 saved up in the bank. I still don't feel as if I can afford a brand new mustang, even though I could buy 3 of them in cash right now. I know if I blew 40 grand on a car at this time in my life, it'd be a terrible decision. Do you know what that 40 grand will be in 15 years if you invest it (over a 100 grand if you go by stock market historical returns)? That's a lot of money that most people don't really think about.

Wait until you're earning enough money that you can at least afford the payments with ease. Just remember that this car will cost you a lot of money in the long run, which is something most people neglect to consider. Then again, you only live once, so perhaps I'm overly frugal. I would say a college student probably shouldn't be buying a car of this caliber, though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
Be smart with your money, man. Cars are an expensive hobby that can totally derail you financially. I'm doing pretty well for myself, I'm 25 and earn low 50's a year (just took a new job with a decline in pay :( ), and I have over $100,000 saved up in the bank. I still don't feel as if I can afford a brand new mustang, even though I could buy 3 of them in cash right now. I know if I blew 40 grand on a car at this time in my life, it'd be a terrible decision. Do you know what that 40 grand will be in 15 years if you invest it (over a 100 grand if you go by stock market historical returns)? That's a lot of money that most people don't really think about.

Wait until you're earning enough money that you can at least afford the payments with ease. Just remember that this car will cost you a lot of money in the long run, which is something most people neglect to consider. Then again, you only live once, so perhaps I'm overly frugal. I would say a college student probably shouldn't be buying a car of this caliber, though.
I'm very well aware of the expenses of being a car enthusiast. By the time I'm as wealthy as you are(if I'm ever that wealthy), people won't be driving cars anymore, people will be driven by their cars, everything will be a hybrid, cars will be nothing more than boxes on wheels. What's the good in that? I'm not ready for that future, I like the present and want it to stay that way.

And sure, people always say that you can always get a used one or a CPO(which isn't as bad as I thought), but there's only one time a car will be worthwhile new and built in a way that I prefer them to be.

And everyone says to "trust the engineers" and they'll do a good job, if they did a good job it'd be what I'd want, and where the future is unfortunately and unavoidably going, I don't trust them one bit. :(

Maybe I'm thinking more with my heart than with my head, and maybe I'm thinking with a closed mind, I can't help it, the end of the car as we know it is coming and I wish it wouldn't happen so soon.

And car of this caliber? There are already college kids with cars more powerful and crazier than this one, I'm pretty sure I could handle it fine.

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a

I'm 25 with the same pay and half as much in the bank. I just pulled the trigger on a 2015 v6. Doing around two years of payments to build credit and paying it off. Fortunately, I'm in a situation where my cost of living is very low. Still, need to save for a house... but like you said, only live once. It's my first car!

OP
OP
K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
Well hell, if I have to wait, then I guess I have no choice. I only hope I can keep myself sane while waiting, and find something to hold myself over until I can finally get my own.

Branden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

Wait... did the guy with 100k in the bank just comment on how much you could make off of investments? I bet that bank return is killing it right now!

Then again, I did lose thousands recently in my 401k so you might be on to something! :doh:

Heracles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deciding...
I really find the American lingo for over extending one self financlly "pull the trigger".

.. Still drive same Honda Accord since 2003!
Im drooling for a upgrade. Definitely going used.
Sponsored