Sponsored

Rust and cracks

iljalop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Hello I noticed today these spots at upper corners at the windshield area.

Do you have something similar? What is the better to do?
IMG_0013.jpg
IMG_0012.jpg
Sponsored

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/Perf Pack, 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Ewww

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Take it to the dealer ASAP! That is not acceptable! It is totally messed up! Nightmare! I have no words to describe this! :eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge:

andrew.k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Fastback, Magnetic, 051A, MT, 3.55
That looks like surface rust, perhaps from some hardware that isn't stainless that holds the window. Might not be a big deal. Have it checked out.

OP
OP

iljalop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Sorry that from the rear glass not a windshield.

That's really sad but I will bring the car to dealership to check!

Sponsored

Xavierviana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium 2015
Sorry that from the rear glass not a windshield.

That's really sad but I will bring the car to dealership to check!

Sorry for replying to this old thread, but did you solve your problem with the cracks and rust?

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I'm taking mine to a dealership this Saturday for the same issue. There's issues at a couple corners where there was possibly a poor weld and/paint job. Mine hasn't started to rust yet, but this is exactly what I'm afraid of happening. Paint also started to peel back on the rear bumper cover where it meets the body.

Hope they acknowledge the issues and fix it very professionally. If it comes back with paint mimsmatches, I won't accept it
IMG_20180823_174458__01.jpg
IMG_20180823_174729__01.jpg
IMG_20180823_174626__01.jpg
IMG_20180823_174824__01.jpg

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Director or the collision department stated that the front and rear windows need to come out in order to get the pictures Ford will need to approve warranty work. When they do the work, they'll need to remove the quarter windows (which they dont think are reusable) and drop the headliner to get to my xm radio. This is going to be a lot of work, but he certainly acknowledges the fact that this will corrode in a couple years.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It will definitely corrode - because from what I can see by enlarging the initial pics of the white car - those cracks are allowing moisture to get in UNDER either the sealant or weld. That is going to corrode from the inside out, no doubt... and can anyone say “Retro-Rustang” - the classics rotted from the inside out as well...

Xavierviana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium 2015
Director or the collision department stated that the front and rear windows need to come out in order to get the pictures Ford will need to approve warranty work. When they do the work, they'll need to remove the quarter windows (which they dont think are reusable) and drop the headliner to get to my xm radio. This is going to be a lot of work, but he certainly acknowledges the fact that this will corrode in a couple years.

That is going to be definitely a lot of work... and there is a risk of imperfection..

Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I know, I'm not happy about it. I made comments about how I wont be happy if there's an issue with paint mismatches, to which the collision director said he's confident they'll be able to make it look right (honestly, I had no idea the rear bumper was repaired, the paint matched well). The director said they would have it for a minimum of 3 weeks, so when I want to even start the process, I'll hand the car over so they can pull the glass and take pictures. This is before any approval is made by Ford. After the the windows are pulled and pictures are taken is when Ford will need to approve the repairs (I wonder what would happen if Ford didn't approve the repairs, would I be stuck with having to pay for the windows to be put back in. I'll have to ask before proceeding. I doubt Ford will deny this though). Apparently, previous paint repair work was done on the rear bumper by the dealer I bought it from near Detroit. My dealer is going to try to work with them on covering the new repair work, since Ford likely will not pay for it to repaired a second time (I live 3 hours from Detroit, so it's not ideal for me to get the car back up there).

Xavierviana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium 2015
I know, I'm not happy about it. I made comments about how I wont be happy if there's an issue with paint mismatches, to which the collision director said he's confident they'll be able to make it look right (honestly, I had no idea the rear bumper was repaired, the paint matched well). The director said they would have it for a minimum of 3 weeks, so when I want to even start the process, I'll hand the car over so they can pull the glass and take pictures. This is before any approval is made by Ford. After the the windows are pulled and pictures are taken is when Ford will need to approve the repairs (I wonder what would happen if Ford didn't approve the repairs, would I be stuck with having to pay for the windows to be put back in. I'll have to ask before proceeding. I doubt Ford will deny this though). Apparently, previous paint repair work was done on the rear bumper by the dealer I bought it from near Detroit. My dealer is going to try to work with them on covering the new repair work, since Ford likely will not pay for it to repaired a second time (I live 3 hours from Detroit, so it's not ideal for me to get the car back up there).

My advice if its my car.. I would wrap the roof black gloss, like the black accent package.

But I dont know if your a fan of the black gloss roof.. and How long are you going to stay with the car.. ?

If the crack and rust are clean and wrap on it.. you can prevent the quick further oxidation and rust on the corner, since dust and water is not going to reach it anymore:

That would be my solution.. its only an idea..

You can also take the risk and remove both windshield, and hope for the best with Ford..

All comes to the period/years you are going to stay/own the car..

Good luck... remember to enjoy your mustang no matter what..

X V

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Reminds me of the '80 Aspen I bought new with the intention of keeping it for many years. It looked like a Flintstones flintmobile after 7.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Wrapping the roof isn't a bad idea, but there's more paint issues than just the ones at the roofline. There's also some paint issues on the trunk lid and at the seems when the trunk and the rear fenders are welded together. That spot is where water travels down from the roof and drains down from under the trunk lid and out the back. I dont drive the car in rain, unless on accident, but I still wash the car often. I have a front window seal issue as well, that pulling the front window should also fix. Even if the car wasnt something I planned to keep (which even the collision director mentioned), I'd hate to be that owner that failed to have something this expensive and extensive fixed under warranty, and passed down onto some poor soul wheb its out of warranty. I'll be updating this thread as I receive updates.

Xavierviana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium 2015
Wrapping the roof isn't a bad idea, but there's more paint issues than just the ones at the roofline. There's also some paint issues on the trunk lid and at the seems when the trunk and the rear fenders are welded together. That spot is where water travels down from the roof and drains down from under the trunk lid and out the back. I dont drive the car in rain, unless on accident, but I still wash the car often. I have a front window seal issue as well, that pulling the front window should also fix. Even if the car wasnt something I planned to keep (which even the collision director mentioned), I'd hate to be that owner that failed to have something this expensive and extensive fixed under warranty, and passed down onto some poor soul wheb its out of warranty. I'll be updating this thread as I receive updates.

I understand, it’s better you let Ford fix everything indeed..

Goodluck and I hope you get everything fixed asap.
Sponsored